News:

<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

Let me tell you a story how my life got turned upside down

Started by L10, May 08, 2010, 08:29:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

L10

Just as a little background information, since 8th grade(well technically all the way back to 5th), there has always been 1 girl each year that had admitted to liking me towards the end of the school year. 8th grade, a whale. 9th grade, (who used to be)best friend's friend. 10th grade, a girl by the name of Chelsea. It's nearing the end of 11th grade. I'm starting to catch on to this while 1 girl a year thing that's been going on. So I try to make myself aware of who it might be. Made two mistakes and was close to making a 3rd trying to figure out who it was. But then the prom came.

[spoiler= Super long version]So, last night (Friday night) was my Junior prom. And of course I went single, because the girl I was going to go with claimed she wasn't allowed to.

Anyways, I was single so I was just going to hang out with friends for the whole night, and we all were like "We all agree to stick together and not dance because we all can't dance" and then I sit with my one other friend and some retarded red necks for the dinner yadda yadda, and dinner is over. Well me and the rest of my friends gather back together, get our pictures, and go outside to just talk and such. And then one of my friends(Mike) told me that "he knows someone that has her eye on me." But of course he can't tell me who it is, and he had just found out during the dinner. About 5 min after that Mike's girlfriend comes out and says "Mark! My friend has a crush on you!" and I'm like "Yeah, Mike just told me, and you aren't going to tell me who either are you" and of course she doesn't tell me.

And we do some more hanging out, cracking jokes about our Tony Stark look alike, having an oger ninny about how he doesn't want to be there. And then a bunch of girls come over and try convince us all to go out and dance, especially Mike who hasn't danced with his girlfriend. I defend Mike and bla bla, and they leave. And just a few minutes pass, now things get interesting.

They come back out minus a couple of girls, and plus a couple of girls, and one of the ones there this time that wasn't there last time grabs my hand and insists on me going to dance. I try to refuse to dance(because I just didn't think I could manage it, not because I wanted to reject the girl) and she insists I go out and dance. I seek Mike for help to say that dancing "doesn't work" with us, but got nothing, and instead she continued to try and get me to dance. At this point she's pulling me and the chair along the ground, and then, Mr. Stark pulls me out of the chair and pushes me away. At this point I had no choice. I went. I danced. I danced some more. And then Mr. Stark comes and says "Mark come here! It's an emergency!" I look at the girl shrug, she shrugs, and Mr. Stark has me follow him back outside. I'm all like "Wha- what's going on?!" and everyone is like "Oh we though you were going to die, you were dancing in there for a long time!"

I took the break as an advantage to cool off even though I felt like an poop hole for leaving like that, and I made sure they knew they just made me look like an ass hole. Had ice cream back at my table while they announced prom queen, king, prince, and princess and all that, they got a moment to slow dance, and then they had everyone else join in. And then we went and slow danced, then back to normal dancing, slow danced some more, then danced some more, then cooled off out side(together) with my friends, I complemented her, she returned the complement, went back in, danced some more, and then they gave us one last slow dance at the end. At the end of this one....we kissed. It was a small little peck on the lips, but was a kiss. And then we went to her table to get her things and such, I gave her my number and such, and I went to grab my jacket and went to my friends(the little coward I am). They asked if we were going out yet, I told them no, but probably will be. Then a little side discussion, yadda yadda. And then they were like "You're such an idiot, *push* SHELBY(that's her name)! HE WANTS TO WALK YOU OUT!" So I walk her out, and just before we went off to our cars we did another little kiss and went on our ways. A couple of text messages later, we made it official that we were going out.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Short and to the point version]
My school had it's prom last night(Friday night). I went to the prom single. I planned on just hanging out with friends the entire time. But then during the dinner, some girl had told a couple of my friends that she liked me. They tell me about it, and don't tell me who, so nothing I can do at that point. And after a while, a bunch of girls insisted we went to go dance, and on of them grabbed my hand and insisted I danced to the point she was dragging me around in my chair. On of my friends had pulled me out of the chair and forced me to go dance.

We dance, dance some more, take a break(separated), slow danced, danced some more, and more, took another break(together), and danced some more, and slow danced. At the end of the last song/slow dance we kissed. Traded numbers, and went off to our friends. Then I was forced to walk her out, and after we walked out we kissed again. We later confirmed in a text that we were officially going out.
[/spoiler]

And this isn't some completely random girl, it's someone I occasionally talk to on my bus. And I even went to her soft ball game today. And I don't know how to emphasize how shocked and surprised I am. I didn't see this coming at all. I'm still all like "Damn, all that time..." I like have a hard time believing it. Doesn't help that she used to like always make fun of me for silly things, and now I'm getting complements and all that.

Shitz crazy, and upside down compared to before. Or was it upside down before and now it's right side up?

Did I write enough?
0o!f

Potestas

That's wonderful to hear. I hope this will get you the necessary experience in life. Love is a great thing and I can only advice you to stay true before it's too late. *Insert more general banter here in the hope of sounding wise*Seriously though, good job. You're a lucky guy.

And reading this thread made me hear this in my mind. Fitting.

Click the sig to level it up. Go to Ichimonai.com to learn more.

L10

Lol, I was thinking of that song when I made the thread.

And in case people don't like my short version: I went to the prom, girl asked me to dance, we danced, then we slow danced, and kissed. Now we're going out.
0o!f

Dog Food

Quote from: The Unstoppable on May 10, 2010, 02:43:37 PM
Lol, I was thinking of that song when I made the thread.

And in case people don't like my short version: I went to the prom, girl asked me to dance, we danced, then we slow danced, and kissed. Now we're going out.
No, your long version was good. And that's pretty cool how that all happened. But I hope you decided to date her because you like her, and not just because she likes you. And I hope this isn't like what happened with the other girl...

You're going to need to give us your status in a week to see how legit this is :P

But seriously, congrats. Prom must have been fun.
I get obsessively manic over things. It's a problem.

Level_9_Chao

Aww, sweet. Do your best.

Being an exiting senior, I'm kind of not caring about these types of things for myself, but you never know what the future will hold.
Become a Failbook fan: Victory Road :3

The Game Boy Pocket.
Put it in your back pocket.
Sit down and it breaks.

L10

Well, I can already tell you this is working out much better than the last one, and is going to last a while. Not a "it could", a "it will."

:D
0o!f

L10

I told myself a long time ago, if I got a gf I would do my best to not show off, because that's just really annoying to some people and I come off as an ass hole.

But I'm just so happy! I'm happy to be with Shelby, and we had a date last night that I miss right now.

(This is all in the mall)
First we went a got me a haircut, you can hardly tell I got a haircut, the lady just fixed the mistakes the other guy did and cleaned it up a bit. Then we just sat on a bench and talked for a while. Then we went and got our movie tickets and went to go eat at Ruby Tuesdays. Dinner was good, we of course talked a lot. After that we walk around the mall together until it was time to go see our movie. And then we went and watched "Date Night" which was pretty funny. And then what I really hate myself for and it's been eating away at me since. I was supposed to "find out how she felt about kissing" during the movie and I basically chickened out ;-; and we've kissed before, at the prom...idk it just didn't feel like there was a time set up for us to kiss =/. But after that we walked back and forth until her mom and sister got out of the movie and drive us home.

All in all it was a good night and I'm very happy :) But I don't know how long the whole kissing thing will bug me for, probably until we kiss again...we were both looking forward to it :(
0o!f