wtf
wtf
wtf
stop watching one piece and watch pulp fiction right now

Right?!
Then, after he sees it, he and I can do the dance together. :3

Ravioli

Quote from: Mona on October 07, 2011, 08:38:57 PM
Perhaps we should focus on things we like instead of things we hate?
I like hating things

Zero

Quote from: Custom on October 07, 2011, 10:32:44 PM
zero hasn't seen pulp fiction?
wtf zero
wtf
wtf
wtf
stop watching one piece and watch pulp fiction right now

meh not much of a movie guy. I usually end up incredibly disappointed and then there goes an hour or two of my life.

I will end up checking it out though

Bearissoslow

and yet you happen to be an anime guy, which takes far more out of your life for a lesser effect

Zero

Quote from: Bearissoslow on October 08, 2011, 10:57:37 AM
and yet you happen to be an anime guy, which takes far more out of your life for a lesser effect

lol not hardly. Stories in the anime I like are typically grand in scale. Movies usually try far too hard to stuff as much poop in in the shortest amount of time possible. This is poopty. You can't argue this.

Its more like I'm not a "movie guy" because I hate watching movies by myself.

Bearissoslow

being able to tell a compelling tale in a condensed format > being able to tell a compelling tale in an elongated format

unless you're just the type of person that likes wasting your time or something.

Ravioli

Quote from: Bearissoslow on October 08, 2011, 01:56:04 PM
being able to tell a compelling tale in a condensed format > being able to tell a compelling tale in an elongated format

unless you're just the type of person that likes wasting your time or something.

Zero

Your logic is pretty poopty if you like to read books, j/s.

It shouldn't be difficult to understand why someone enjoys a story that's longer than an average 90 minutes that most movies are.

Bearissoslow

Quote from: Zero on October 08, 2011, 06:35:13 PM
Your logic is pretty poopty if you like to read books, j/s.

It shouldn't be difficult to understand why someone enjoys a story that's longer than an average 90 minutes that most movies are.

you know I was going to write a long post about this that listed good and bad books that probably would've mad off someone, but instead I'll just tell you that you're flowery up your own poop hole and out your nostrils if you think that stories only get better with more development. if you can tell the same story in two different ways, which would you want, the shorter version or the longer version? this comparison can be made akin to the difference between watching the movie or reading the book.

the correct answer is investing your time into whichever one is better. make an argument that doesn't assume that length = quality and then I'll put on my tryhard glasses

also I do like to read books, for the record.

Zero

I'm not saying length=quality. I do enjoy development and long plots but its not like I'm saying its the way to go over shorter one-shot films.

I'm just saying that I only find myself watching movies with other people and not by myself. It's a social thing for me I guess, and I'm always open to new suggestions.

Custom

meh, stories are more memorable the longer they go on
and you get more out of them when you watch them over and over as opposed to watching 120 minutes of a story over and over

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Bearissoslow

Quote from: Zero on October 08, 2011, 09:02:14 PM
I'm not saying length=quality. I do enjoy development and long plots but its not like I'm saying its the way to go over shorter one-shot films.

I'm just saying that I only find myself watching movies with other people and not by myself. It's a social thing for me I guess, and I'm always open to new suggestions.

well then you can go intercourse [spoiler]ing have a great time then and live with the difference in opinion with me, compadre[/spoiler]

RX-78-2

So I thought I'd sort of revive this thread since I've been watching a lot of movies lately. Here's the list:

• Shaun of the Dead
  • Psycho
  • Night of the Living Dead
  • all but the last half hour of Night of the Creeps (the Crackle.com video wasn't working)
  • Drunken Master
  • Drunken Master 2
  • Enter the Dragon
  • Firefly (I watched the pilot of the TV series, which was 83 minutes long, so I'm including it anyway)
I enjoyed all of them.
I dunno hao 2 put imgs heer :(

****************Mack was here******************