News:

<+Clu> was cute sure but it doesnt even mention homosexuality

Main Menu

Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 announced for DS!

Started by Hero_of_Darkness, February 25, 2012, 05:39:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Pennington on February 26, 2012, 08:18:14 PM
Something tells me this next gen is going to be more rushed. I don't think there's any proof they've started thinking about Gen VI Pokemon and stuff yet, either. They're going to try to produce a full new game with a new region and new Pokemon in less time. It's gonna be rushed.
Show me the proof from 2007 that they were thinking of Gen V Pokemon.

The shortest generation so far was Gen II at ~3.5 years. This gen will only be a few months shorter than that. (2.75-3 years)

Kayo

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on February 26, 2012, 08:58:07 PM
Show me the proof from 2007 that they were thinking of Gen V Pokemon.

The shortest generation so far was Gen II at ~3.5 years. This gen will only be a few months shorter than that. (2.75-3 years)
Are you denying that Gen VI is going to be rushed?
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

zephilicious

they were working on gen vi as soon as gen v was sent off for production.

thats how the intercourse ing game industry works.
~~ <3

Zero

I don't know what you're all talking about with Red and Gold being champions. You never become Champion in-game even after winning, so it'll probably just end up being Blue, Lance, Steven, Cynthia, and Alder, in game...if this "Champion's League" is what I think it is.
A level 88 Pikachu that hasn't evolved is something I wouldn't forget.
Not to ride a fictional character's dick but:

Red is legendary in the Pokemon Universe. He's mentioned in pretty much every single game, whether its a random NPC or whatever, there are little mentions of Red here and there.

He's considered the most powerful trainer to ever exist in the universe and YES, is considered Champion. This is undisputed. Why do you think he was at Mt.Silver? He left his position to train. Staying in one place wasn't his thing. Blue shared a similar problem, so he probably took a position as a Gym Leader because its easier to get away from.

The last part of the story in Red/Blue version is defeating your Rival, who had just become Champion. Why wouldn't that be canon? Just because you can do it all over again after its over and no NPC's worship you? Don't be ridiculous. In that regard, the same logic applies to the other main characters, yes, but I'm not really arguing for them so w/e.

also, Hero can rag on his team all he wants but of course a human player is going to crush it. Most kids back in the day got roflstomped by him anyway, if they could even make it to him to begin with

DededeCloneChris

The games are stated to come this fall for NA and Europe.

Kayo

Quote from: Michio Kaku on February 26, 2012, 11:54:00 PM
Not to ride a fictional character's dick but:

Red is legendary in the Pokemon Universe. He's mentioned in pretty much every single game, whether its a random NPC or whatever, there are little mentions of Red here and there.

He's considered the most powerful trainer to ever exist in the universe and YES, is considered Champion. This is undisputed. Why do you think he was at Mt.Silver? He left his position to train. Staying in one place wasn't his thing. Blue shared a similar problem, so he probably took a position as a Gym Leader because its easier to get away from.

The last part of the story in Red/Blue version is defeating your Rival, who had just become Champion. Why wouldn't that be canon? Just because you can do it all over again after its over and no NPC's worship you? Don't be ridiculous. In that regard, the same logic applies to the other main characters, yes, but I'm not really arguing for them so w/e.

also, Hero can rag on his team all he wants but of course a human player is going to crush it. Most kids back in the day got roflstomped by him anyway, if they could even make it to him to begin with
Yes, but when you think "Champion" in the Pokemon games, you think of the NPCs who are given the in-game title of "Champion." You battle Champion Blue, Champion Lance, Champion Steven, Champion Wallace (forgot about him the first time), Champion Cynthia, etc.. And you battle "PKMN Trainer Red". He may have the highest leveled Pokemon of all NPCs you can battle outside the Battle Facilities, but I don't think that's what is meant by "Champion".

He also appears to be more of a silent type who would rather isolate himself on a mountain than gather with the Champions at some thing. It just doesn't exactly seem in his character to be involved with this (He doesn't ever actually say a single word in any Pokemon game, does he?) but if by "Champion's League" they mean "League of the most powerful Trainers", then Red would fit very well there.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Pennington on February 26, 2012, 09:07:39 PM
Are you denying that Gen VI is going to be rushed?
Yes, I am. I think it'll have less new Pokemon than this generation had, but other than that I can't call a game that took 3+ years (honestly, I think it probably entered the planning stages before Black and White even went gold) to make rushed. Do you feel that Black and White were rushed?

However, due to how certain you are that they'll be rushed, chances are that you'll actually look for signs of it being rushed. I think you may end up ruining the game for yourself. :/

Kayo

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on February 27, 2012, 07:12:59 PM
Yes, I am. I think it'll have less new Pokemon than this generation had, but other than that I can't call a game that took 3+ years (honestly, I think it probably entered the planning stages before Black and White even went gold) to make rushed. Do you feel that Black and White were rushed?

However, due to how certain you are that they'll be rushed, chances are that you'll actually look for signs of it being rushed. I think you may end up ruining the game for yourself. :/
It'll have less new Pokemon most likely, because I doubt Gen VI will be a full fresh start like V was, region and Pokemon wise.

Alright, and don't tell me I'll be ruining the game for myself. If it's bad, it'll be because it's bad, not because I want it to be bad. I don't know what the hell made you think I'll be looking for flaws intentionally, because I can do that with every single game in the series so far (but I don't).
[move][/move]

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Pennington on February 27, 2012, 07:45:05 PM
It'll have less new Pokemon most likely, because I doubt Gen VI will be a full fresh start like V was, region and Pokemon wise.

Alright, and don't tell me I'll be ruining the game for myself. If it's bad, it'll be because it's bad, not because I want it to be bad. I don't know what the hell made you think I'll be looking for flaws intentionally, because I can do that with every single game in the series so far (but I don't).
So, basically, now every generation that isn't a full fresh start with 150+ new Pokemon will be considered "rushed" by you? :/

If it makes you feel better, there's a chance that the anime is going faster because a filler saga is planned and Gen VI is set for 2014.

Zero

Quote from: Pennington on February 27, 2012, 03:42:47 PM
Yes, but when you think "Champion" in the Pokemon games, you think of the NPCs who are given the in-game title of "Champion." You battle Champion Blue, Champion Lance, Champion Steven, Champion Wallace (forgot about him the first time), Champion Cynthia, etc.. And you battle "PKMN Trainer Red". He may have the highest leveled Pokemon of all NPCs you can battle outside the Battle Facilities, but I don't think that's what is meant by "Champion".

He also appears to be more of a silent type who would rather isolate himself on a mountain than gather with the Champions at some thing. It just doesn't exactly seem in his character to be involved with this (He doesn't ever actually say a single word in any Pokemon game, does he?) but if by "Champion's League" they mean "League of the most powerful Trainers", then Red would fit very well there.

Go to each and every Pokemon wiki. Search for Red's character page. The word champion is used multiple times on each page entry. You're grasping at straws when suggesting that the only "in-game" champions are the ones distinctly pointed out in battle. Also do I really have to quote myself?

Quote from: Michio Kaku on February 26, 2012, 11:54:00 PM
The last part of the story in Red/Blue version is defeating your Rival, who had just become Champion. Why wouldn't that be canon? Just because you can do it all over again after its over and no NPC's worship you? Don't be ridiculous.

Kayo

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on February 27, 2012, 08:35:27 PM
So, basically, now every generation that isn't a full fresh start with 150+ new Pokemon will be considered "rushed" by you? :/

If it makes you feel better, there's a chance that the anime is going faster because a filler saga is planned and Gen VI is set for 2014.
No, that's not what I'm saying at all. I can find rushed flaws even with B/W. Hell, even Gen I had those kinds of flaws. They all do.

Quote from: Michio Kaku on February 28, 2012, 07:51:10 AM
Go to each and every Pokemon wiki. Search for Red's character page. The word champion is used multiple times on each page entry. You're grasping at straws when suggesting that the only "in-game" champions are the ones distinctly pointed out in battle. Also do I really have to quote myself?

Honestly, you're not getting what I'm saying. I know that he's referred to as a "Champion", but I think that the "League of Champions" means "League of [Elite Four] Champions". And like I said, it just isn't in Red's character to appear in some building with all the other champions. The only time you ever interact with him in-game is when you find him at the top of a mountain, and he doesn't even say one word to you. When I say "In-game Champions", I mean the ones at the end of the Elite Four. I think that's more what this League is referring to.
[move][/move]

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Pennington on February 28, 2012, 01:07:26 PM
No, that's not what I'm saying at all. I can find rushed flaws even with B/W. Hell, even Gen I had those kinds of flaws. They all do.
That can be said of pretty much every game ever.

Zero

I don't know what you're all talking about with Red and Gold being champions. You never become Champion in-game even after winning

This is the comment I was arguing against.  Everything I was saying had nothing to do with the League. It'd make sense to have only the Champions and not the Challengers-turned Champions in the League, I agree. Either way would be pretty cool though. I'd like to fight Gold, Red, etc. in addition to Blue, Lance, Steven, etc.

Kayo

Quote from: Michio Kaku on February 28, 2012, 04:33:24 PM
This is the comment I was arguing against.  Everything I was saying had nothing to do with the League. It'd make sense to have only the Champions and not the Challengers-turned Champions in the League, I agree. Either way would be pretty cool though. I'd like to fight Gold, Red, etc. in addition to Blue, Lance, Steven, etc.

There are tons of things that would be "pretty cool" if they were in game, that doesn't mean they have any chance of happening.

I detect a 0% probability of Gold becoming a NPC "Champion" you can battle against in these upcoming games.
[move][/move]

Doodle

YEAH