News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

Superstitions

Started by Dog Food, November 04, 2010, 05:44:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dog Food

Yes, yes, there are plenty of different superstitious beliefs out there... What ones do you personally believe in (or follow, even if you don't believe), and why?

*I knock on wood (*cough*).
*I make a wish at 11:11 (for the whole minute).
*I believe in "The Secret" (is that a superstition?).
*I believe that saying "Bloody Mary" three times in front of a mirror is bad luck (that's from personal experience).

...And I think that's about it for me. At least from what I can remember.
I get obsessively manic over things. It's a problem.

Neerb

I still press left and right on the control pad in time with a rocking pokeball to increase my odds of catching it. I know there are actual equations involved with capture rate that have nothing to do with button pressing, but I just can't help it...

Kayo

I follow some superstitions just because it's fun, and makes life more interesting. Like knocking on wood. Also I press buttons to psychologically control my pokeball.

And I'm not going to chant "Bloody Mary" into a mirror in a candlelit room. I'm just not. Not that I think something would happen, but I'm just odd.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Doodle

I don't really buy into superstitions.
Quote from: Neerb on November 05, 2010, 01:04:44 PM
I still press left and right on the control pad in time with a rocking pokeball to increase my odds of catching it. I know there are actual equations involved with capture rate that have nothing to do with button pressing, but I just can't help it...
I guess pretty much this, only I hold down A+B. I used to do this all the time as a kid. Caused me a couple of resets. ;U
This really is more of a habit if anything. I'm not superstitious at all. Most of them are just silly.
YEAH

JrDude

For the Pokéball thingy, I always just did A.

A long time ago, G/S days, my cousin told me "if you starred at the Pokéball, it is more likely to be caught." I'm pretty sure that one is true though.

Also, I don't believe in superstitions, but I basically do them for fun. I make wishes at 11:11, though not for the whole minute, I just see, "Oh, 11:11, *wish* *go back to doing whatever*"

There's probably more I do, but I can't think of anything right now.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Kayo

Quote from: JrDude 益 on November 23, 2010, 01:26:03 AM
For the Pokéball thingy, I always just did A.

A long time ago, G/S days, my cousin told me "if you starred at the Pokéball, it is more likely to be caught." I'm pretty sure that one is true though.

Also, I don't believe in superstitions, but I basically do them for fun. I make wishes at 11:11, though not for the whole minute, I just see, "Oh, 11:11, *wish* *go back to doing whatever*"

There's probably more I do, but I can't think of anything right now.
I always catch something when i'm not paying attention. Like if I throw the ball then look away at something, a TV or someone talking to me or whatever, I'll catch it. It doesn't work if I just pretend to not pay attention though.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Custom

I usually do things people believe cause bad luck just because life is poopty anyway

also a+b master race for catching pokemon

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Allegretto

I don't believe in luck, I try and initiate any bad luck superstitions I can, but it never changes the outcome of my day.

Chris8492

Meh....I dont know about good or bad luck. Too much of a controversy. I've known about other things though, (Not that walking under a ladder crap) but other things based on what a friend of mine told me.

dawnwolfNxhoj

Quote from: Sora on November 05, 2010, 01:04:44 PM
wow, guess i'm not the only one who does this. back to the topic
I do my best to avoid breaking a mirror, but ignore stepping on cracks which could lead to breaking my mom's back.
Should I spill some salt I'd throw some behind my back for good luck.

Jhen Mohran

I like walkin' under ladders for a cheap laugh whenever it's possible, ze. I also think that each day, somethin' very weird happens at 12:34 AM.

Shujinco2

Quote from: Positive Vibes on January 19, 2011, 09:54:32 PM
I don't believe in luck, I try and initiate any bad luck superstitions I can, but it never changes the outcome of my day.
But maybe, your day would have been BETTER!

As for my pokeballs, I press and hold L + R.

Silverhawk79

The only one I have involves Pokemon, pressing A+B when trying to catch a Pokemon.
Otherwise superstitions are dumb.

So_So_Man

For me, mashing A and not paying attention are the only superstitions.

Flying Chickens

I believe in karma, knocking on wood, and sacrificing babies whenever you have an important event coming up in your life.