News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

SATs

Started by Dog Food, May 02, 2010, 07:43:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magnum

What the hell?! Why are you all so gosh darn smart?!

No, really, I haven't taken my SAT yet, so I don't know. Took my ACT though. Haven't gotten my scores back though.

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

Mikoyan

Quote from: Java on May 06, 2010, 04:36:44 AM
That's good to know about USH.

By any chance do you remember what Math II is on?
They like to test on the unused sects of geometry (logic, 3d space), algebraic/geometric series and sequences, trig functions, and algebraic functions. One of the rising areas of interest is stats, something I was unaware of until I took the test (intercourse  box and whiskers).

Level_9_Chao

I hated those subject tests.

Math II and Literature I got 600-700 range, but I needed a third... Spanish I got like a 420. >__>
Become a Failbook fan: Victory Road :3

The Game Boy Pocket.
Put it in your back pocket.
Sit down and it breaks.

Java

Quote from: Level_9_Chao on May 06, 2010, 08:54:44 PM
I hated those subject tests.

Math II and Literature I got 600-700 range, but I needed a third... Spanish I got like a 420. >__>
How was Literature? Does it make any difference if you take AP Literature before you take the test? Can you get by with just taking AP Language?

Level_9_Chao

Quote from: Java on May 07, 2010, 01:15:56 PM
How was Literature? Does it make any difference if you take AP Literature before you take the test? Can you get by with just taking AP Language?

I got a 630 without having taken either.

The Game Boy Pocket.
Sit down and it breaks.

L10

How long does it usually take for you to get your scores?
0o!f

Java

Quote from: The Unstoppable on May 08, 2010, 06:59:01 PM
How long does it usually take for you to get your scores?
It usually takes two weeks, unless there was an error while you filled in all your information.

Anarchy_Jas

Last year April, I took my ACT and PSAE. On the ACT, I got a 30 and 31 on the English and Reading, a 24 on the Science, and a 19 on the Math (yeah, not my strong point. Hate Math wtih a passion). That gave me a 26 overall, and I'm happy with it. It's not worth taking all that mess over again just to make the Math score go up. I exceeded on the PSAE and then some. That one was ridiculously easy.
"I know they hope I fall, but tell 'em winning is my muthaeffin protocol."

Level_9_Chao

Haha, PSAE (for non-Illinois dudes, the Prairie State Achievement Exam) is pretty darn easy. It's just a baseline standardized test, so if you can get the national average on the ACT (which is like... maybe 20, Jesus), you pass. It also gives you an ACT to take too.

I'm just glad to be done with all my standardized testing... Except AP Language on Wednesday. Then, screw everything.

The Game Boy Pocket.
Sit down and it breaks.

PsychoYoshi

Got a 32 on my ACT, don't remember the SAT because every college I applied to accepted my ACT score.

GRE (standardized test for graduate school) is essentially the same format as the SAT with significantly harder writing and verbal (if you get a 600 or so on GRE Verbal, you're around 85th percentile) but easier math; got a 690 Quant/610 Verbal and a 5.5/6 on Writing.

Allegory

I just got my scores an pulled a 27 on my ACT, fairly happy with the results. My parents think I should take it again though.

Level_9_Chao

Quote from: Allegory on May 13, 2010, 07:11:44 PM
I just got my scores an pulled a 27 on my ACT, fairly happy with the results. My parents think I should take it again though.

Some kid I know took it 5 times and got a 24 every time.

I got a 30, then 31, and then gave up. Usually your score only changes by like 1 up or down.

The Game Boy Pocket.
Sit down and it breaks.

Allegory

Quote from: Level_9_Chao on May 18, 2010, 08:46:28 PM

I got a 30, then 31, and then gave up. Usually your score only changes by like 1 up or down.

It's still crap that they want me to take it again

Mikoyan

Quote from: Level_9_Chao on May 18, 2010, 08:46:28 PM

Did you study for it between the 2 tests? Although I took the SAT, a 2 week self-cram session brought my score up what would be about 3-4 points on the ACT scale.

Level_9_Chao

Quote from: Mikoyan on May 18, 2010, 09:40:33 PM
Did you study for it between the 2 tests? Although I took the SAT, a 2 week self-cram session brought my score up what would be about 3-4 points on the ACT scale.

Nah, I've never studied for any standardized test.

The Game Boy Pocket.
Sit down and it breaks.