Main Menu

Who has completed their Pokedex?

Started by DededeCloneChris, March 03, 2011, 05:35:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kayo

Quote from: Negative Vibes on March 03, 2011, 11:03:31 PM
http://nintendo3dsblog.com/there-will-be-no-pokemon-gray

Read the entire article.

Black and White are pretty much going to be the only 5th Gen installments. Nothing more.
As stated by GameFreak themselves.

I'd like to see where GameFreak said it, actually.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

FruitFlow

Quote from: Kayo on March 03, 2011, 11:30:55 PM
I'd like to see where GameFreak said it, actually.

Quote from Pokemon Graphic Designer Mana Ibe:
QuoteHistorically, each generation games have added a third cartridge that certain developments, if Yellow / Crystal / Emerald / Platinum. Then asked a hypothetical issue "Gray" and if he would appear in 3DS. Ibe has been against the idea, saying "Not at all. We finished this comes with Black and White version."

That quote clearly means that Black and White were planned to be the only 5th Gens.
If you still don't believe it, send GF an email asking them.
I guarantee you will get the exact same answer as everyone else.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Kayo

Quote from: Negative Vibes on March 03, 2011, 11:45:01 PM

Quote from Pokemon Graphic Designer Mana Ibe:
That quote clearly means that Black and White were planned to be the only 5th Gens.
If you still don't believe it, send GF an email asking them.
I guarantee you will get the exact same answer as everyone else.
They're maybe just saying that, but still. I want to see the firsthand source.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

FruitFlow

Quote from: Kayo on March 03, 2011, 11:50:55 PM
They're maybe just saying that, but still. I want to see the firsthand source.
The first link I posted is the source.
If you search google you'll find dozens of blog/article sites referring you to that one particular blog. (Including GoNintendo)

Also, Nintendo3DSBlog has been pretty much accurate on information involving 3DS and games.

But if you still don't believe it, just wait and see sometime in the future.
If you hear nothing on a Gray version it's highly likely there will never be one.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Kayo

Quote from: Negative Vibes on March 04, 2011, 12:09:35 AM
The first link I posted is the source.
If you search google you'll find dozens of blog/article sites referring you to that one particular blog. (Including GoNintendo)

Also, Nintendo3DSBlog has been pretty much accurate on information involving 3DS and games.

But if you still don't believe it, just wait and see sometime in the future.
If you hear nothing on a Gray version it's highly likely there will never be one.
They make money without doing a whole lot of work. So why not? They got all the sprites and the animations, and the region.. the hard part is already done. Really, I can't see why they wouldn't.
[move][/move]

FruitFlow

Quote from: Kayo on March 04, 2011, 01:08:24 PM
They make money without doing a whole lot of work. So why not? They got all the sprites and the animations, and the region.. the hard part is already done. Really, I can't see why they wouldn't.
Well, if you think about it further what more could they possibly add to a 3rd version that we don't already have in B&W?

-We've got new sprites
-New items and abilities
-A Dream World special
-Area Exclusive Content (Black City and White Forest)

And much more.

I don't see what extras they could mash into a 3rd.

Kayo

Quote from: Negative Vibes on March 04, 2011, 01:16:47 PM
Well, if you think about it further what more could they possibly add to a 3rd version that we don't already have in B&W?

-We've got new sprites
-New items and abilities
-A Dream World special
-Area Exclusive Content (Black City and White Forest)

And much more.

I don't see what extras they could mash into a 3rd.
Battle Frontier.
New story climax involving both Reshiram and Zekrom to a greater extent, or separate ending with Kyurem.
Battle Frontier.
Black City/White Forest makes it tough, but they could always either put both or a third exclusive area.
A new Local connection activity
More Dream World stuff

And you know. Just look back and see what they added to Crystal, Emerald, Platinum, etc. They all sold well.
[move][/move]

FruitFlow

Aren't Tower and Frontier almost the same thing?

Kayo

Quote from: Negative Vibes on March 04, 2011, 01:40:28 PM
Aren't Tower and Frontier almost the same thing?
Hell no. Ever been in a Battle Frontier?

I miss the Emerald one ;_;
[move][/move]

bluaki

Quote from: Kayo on March 04, 2011, 01:25:34 PM
Battle Frontier.
New story climax involving both Reshiram and Zekrom to a greater extent, or separate ending with Kyurem.
Battle Frontier.
Black City/White Forest makes it tough, but they could always either put both or a third exclusive area.
A new Local connection activity
More Dream World stuff

And you know. Just look back and see what they added to Crystal, Emerald, Platinum, etc. They all sold well.
Battle Subway is almost exactly like the previous games' Battle Towers.
I personally disliked the other Battle Frontier locations in both Emerald and Platinum. Because of Caitlin, the Battle Frontier would probably need another rehaul, but she could also be part of the story that introduces you to the Frontier.
New Dream World stuff seems rather unlikely to me, because that's all server-side and it'd be difficult to make it not retroactively affect B/W as well.

Grey could also have:
3DS features, particularly 3D itself and improved graphics. That StreetPass thing too. (Yes, battle sprites can remain 2D in steroscopic 3D. Think Paper Mario)
Improved menu system (frankly, many aspects of the B/W menus are a step back from HG/SS)
Move tutors
More triple and rotation battles, including respective modes in Battle Subway
More foreign/past Pokemon
Rematches or some other similar system
More complete Dive; underwater wild encounters.

FruitFlow

LOL. Well it's up to you guys to believe if a third will be made or not.
Even though it was already confirmed to be rejected.

But let's journey back a bit to the announcement of DKCR.
Everyone thought K. Rool would play the role as this Country's villian, just as he was in the previous trilogy.
Remember how Retro stated in an interview: "There will be no underwater levels." "There will be no crocodiles."
Yet, most people continued to deny this fact and still assumed the Kremlings along with K. Rool would return.
A month or 2 later after its release everyone continually remained over-hyped blinded by nostalgia, played the game and beat it only to learn that they had fooled themselves into thinking a "gaming company" would lie about a game  that "they" themselves designed.
Next thing you know, the people who denied the facts start hating on the product just because they were wrong about what they believed in. Saying stuff like "Blah blah blah this game sucks compared to the originals. Why did they seperate this from the trilogy!"

All in all what I posted was evident enough that a 3rd won't be made.

But like I've been saying it's up to you to choose to deny the facts or not.

Kayo

Quote from: bluaki on March 04, 2011, 02:58:52 PM
Battle Subway is almost exactly like the previous games' Battle Towers.
I personally disliked the other Battle Frontier locations in both Emerald and Platinum. Because of Caitlin, the Battle Frontier would probably need another rehaul, but she could also be part of the story that introduces you to the Frontier.
New Dream World stuff seems rather unlikely to me, because that's all server-side and it'd be difficult to make it not retroactively affect B/W as well.

Grey could also have:
3DS features, particularly 3D itself and improved graphics. That StreetPass thing too. (Yes, battle sprites can remain 2D in steroscopic 3D. Think Paper Mario)
Improved menu system (frankly, many aspects of the B/W menus are a step back from HG/SS)
Move tutors
More triple and rotation battles, including respective modes in Battle Subway
More foreign/past Pokemon
Rematches or some other similar system
More complete Dive; underwater wild encounters.
Right, we don't have Move Tutors or Gym Leader rematches. We need those. Move Tutors more importantly, they've been a staple to competitive battling since the second gen.

And who says that the Battle Frontier has to be the same? They reduced it from Emerald to Platinum, maybe they can expand it again. Bring back the Battle Pyramid. Shit was so hard, but I loved that. We don't need Caitlin anyway (we never even battled her, she just owned the Battle Palace).

And look, a conflicting story. Also, I seem to believe Junichi Masuda more than I believe Ibe. GOSH I WONDER WHY /sarcasm

Just look at the commercial aspects. The third game was always great. And it saved the designers from doing a lot of work, considering the map of the region was already designed and created. Sometimes they edited a few areas for the 3rd game, but nothing too major. They got all the new Pokémon, all the trainer data, everything. And, they pull a lot of money. I always buy the third games, and I always enjoy them more than the original two.

Not saying it has to be called Gray, but hey, the color would make sense. Why? Take the Tao trio. Reshiram and Zekrom are based on the concept of Yin and Yang. There's your colors, pure white and deep black. Kyurem was based on wuji, the absence of Yin and Yang, and to a further extent, absence of balance. What color do you think of? I think a dull, neutral gray covers it.

Let's take a look at Kyurem. Don't call it Cyan. People say the third game will be called Cyan, and while we have no proof either way, think of this. Cyan doesn't fit at all. And look! Kyurem is definitely gray. You cyaners, did the ice throw you off? It looks gray to me. And anyone else. It's color category is even gray. Not blue.

And we can open up a whole world of story ideas. Kyurem, being an Ice-type, could be thought of not only as the absence of balance, but the absence of energy and heat (absolute zero?). Also, it is said to have come to Earth like a meteor. I can see a lot of cool things happening in the game about this. But will it get another forme? An Origin Forme, or even, a SPACE FORME? I don't know. But since I'm on a roll here, imagine that Gray's storyline takes you into SPACE? How even, I'm not sure. But if you battled Kyurem at the climax of the story on the moon or something, that would be pretty cool. Unrealistic, sure. But Platinum had us follow Giratina into a twisted world where waterfalls flow sideways and you walk on walls suspended in a void. The moon exists.

And hey, weight has an even greater impact in these games, with abilities and moves being able to alter the weight of Pokemon on the field? What happens on the moon? Less gravity. Weight is cut in half. JUST AN IDEA HERE.

Anyway, that's it for now. *sits down*
[move][/move]