News:

<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

questions about TMs in black and white

Started by Custom, February 23, 2011, 04:00:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Custom

[14:23] Custom: if you make pokemon hold TMs from old games and then trade them to black and white do the TMs then get the infinite effect?
[14:23] Custom: or do they still disappear after use?

i was asking this in #nyanya but they instantly spammed the chat with poop about minecraft and I don't think blu saw it
it was directed at blu because she has the game.

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

DededeCloneChris

I don't think the TM roster from Gen IV can be traded over anymore. No learned HMs and Items can be transferred over.

Custom

Quote from: PuttyChris on February 23, 2011, 04:59:37 PM
I don't think the TM roster from Gen IV can be traded over anymore. No learned HMs and Items can be transferred over.

fffffff now i have to unlearn all my hms ohno

Kayo

Pokemon transferred cannot hold items of any kind. Sucks, I know. You gotta get all those power items and poop again.

As far as learned HMs, I don't know on that one. But yeah, the TM numbers changed, some TMs are gone, new ones took their place, and either way you can't transfer ANY held items or berries.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

FruitFlow

I believe berries are only available via DW.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Custom

i am sad

i had 4 amulet coins
do you know how much money i would make?
LOTS OF IT
also what am i supposed to do with all these master balls i never used?

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Black Mage on February 23, 2011, 09:53:32 PM
i am sad

i had 4 amulet coins
do you know how much money i would make?
LOTS OF IT
also what am i supposed to do with all these master balls i never used?
Well...use them on roaming Pokemon? Take them to versions where you haven't caught a legendary yet?

Custom

Quote from: PuttyChris on February 23, 2011, 10:19:27 PM
Well...use them on roaming Pokemon? Take them to versions where you haven't caught a legendary yet?

i'll just go find another shiny before the new games come out
that'll show gamefreak who is boss

FruitFlow

I usually attempt to catch legendaries with pokeballs.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Kayo

Quote from: Negative Vibes on February 24, 2011, 02:22:58 AM
I usually attempt to catch legendaries with pokeballs.

The roaming ones? GOODLUCKWITHTHAT
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

bluaki

Learned TM moves can be kept on your Pokemon during transfer to B/W, even if it's a TM not available anymore in B/W
Learned HM moves cannot be kept. They must be deleted before transfer.
Transferred Pokemon cannot hold any items, including TMs.

Kayo

Quote from: bluaki on February 24, 2011, 04:31:34 AM
Learned TM moves can be kept on your Pokemon during transfer to B/W, even if it's a TM not available anymore in B/W
Learned HM moves cannot be kept. They must be deleted before transfer.
Transferred Pokemon cannot hold any items, including TMs.
This is exactly what I thought.
[move][/move]

FruitFlow

Quote from: Kayo on February 24, 2011, 04:30:02 AM
The roaming ones? GOODLUCKWITHTHAT
Shadow Tag FTW, since Arena Trap sucks with floaters!

Kayo

Quote from: Negative Vibes on February 24, 2011, 02:36:36 PM
Shadow Tag FTW, since Arena Trap sucks with floaters!
Yeah, but Wobbuffet sucks at safely weakening a roamer unless it takes little enough damage that its Counters and Mirror Coats aren't doing much. Still, it's kind of unreliable IMO. You could be trying to just nudge their HP into the red when suddenly, Critical Hit. That you bounce back at them. Happened to me once.

If I don't have a Master Ball, I get a strong, fast lv 100 with False Swipe (I got a Sceptile for this purpose) and the first time I see the roamer, I use False Swipe. Sometimes it gets its HP down to 1, sometimes I have to repeat this step a second time. It runs away after this, no big deal. Then I track it down with Wobbuffet. It's safely weakened now so I don't need to attack. From here I just throw Ultra Balls. Or Dusk balls, if it's night time. Or repeat balls, if I have the pokemon in my pokedex as "caught" already. But there's always Crobat and Mean Look, good speed + blocking move, but Crobat isn't great at staying in a battle long without attacking. Then again, it can also get Hypnosis through breeding.

Actually, this just came to me. I'm pretty sure Spider Web works just like Mean Look, but it stays in effect even after the user switches out. Actually, I just checked. It doesn't. I stays in effect only if the Spider Webber uses Baton Pass. Ariados can use both moves, though it needs to breed for BP. YAY IT'S GOOD FOR SOMETHING. Sort of. Anyway, here's how my plan goes.

1. Send out Ariados first. It's not extremely fast so a high level would be preferable.
2. Use Spider Web.
3. Use Baton Pass and switch to a False Swiper
4. False Swipe it to 1 HP. If you have a Hypnosis + False Swiper (Gallade can do this), use Hypnosis after it's false swiped.
5. Catch your trapped sleeping roamer with 1Hp easily.

Wow, that's actually a really good sounding idea. Sadly enough, here's the catch. Spider Web's effects are nullified by Baton Pass in Gen V. So I won't be getting any use out of this. But yeah, it seems to make sense to me.
[move][/move]

FruitFlow

That doesn't sound like a bad idea.
I've heard so much about False Swipe and it's usage.

I taught it to my Scizor, but never really used it.