News:

<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

Getting Black, White, or both?

Started by DededeCloneChris, February 14, 2011, 04:57:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you going to buy the game or both versions?

Hell No. Too many Pokemon.
0 (0%)
Yes, but maybe later
2 (20%)
Yes, during the release day.
8 (80%)

Total Members Voted: 10

FruitFlow

I have a feeling Black will be the most popular version.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Kayo

Quote from: Negative Vibes on March 03, 2011, 02:51:04 PM
I have a feeling Black will be the most popular version.
Isn't the first of the two usually slightly more popular?

Actually, doubt it. Are there statistics of that somewhere?
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

FruitFlow

Quote from: Kayo on March 03, 2011, 03:29:46 PM
Isn't the first of the two usually slightly more popular?

Actually, doubt it. Are there statistics of that somewhere?
Yeah. It's usually the first installments that own the second.

Red was more popular than Blue.
Ruby was more popular than Sapphire.
FireRed was more popular than LeafGreen.

However, during 2nd and 4th Gen the latter two won.
Silver beat Gold, and Pearl beat Diamond.
Along with SoulSilver beating HeartGold.

But all in all it's usually the 3rd installments that win due to additional content.
Yellow, Crystal, Emerald and Platinum.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Kayo

Quote from: Negative Vibes on March 03, 2011, 03:38:32 PM
Yeah. It's usually the first installments that own the second.

Red was more popular than Blue.
Ruby was more popular than Sapphire.
FireRed was more popular than LeafGreen.

However, during 2nd and 4th Gen the latter two won.
Silver beat Gold, and Pearl beat Diamond.

But all in all it's usually the 3rd installments that win.
Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum, etc.
I thought Diamond beat Pearl? Eh, pretty much everyone I know either got Diamond or both.

And I can see how the 3rd installments won.. They were good enough to not be carbon copies of the first two, and most of the people who bought either of the first two would buy it. So, since it doesn't have to share with another game (but people still buy it anyway), the 3rd game would win.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

The Riddler

Y'all think Black will be more popular than White?

The White Forest has infinitely more appeal than the Black City.

Me and my girlfriend have Black and White preordered but we don't know who is taking which yet.

Kayo

Quote from: Cecil Harvey on March 03, 2011, 03:54:29 PM

Me and my girlfriend have Black and White preordered but we don't know who is taking which yet.
Wild pokemon you can find anywhere and breed anyway? I'd rather take the high-level training battles, thanks.
[move][/move]

FruitFlow

Quote from: Cecil Harvey on March 03, 2011, 03:54:29 PM

I was searching through google and read up a few reviews on Japan.
According to the statistics Black sold more copies than White.

Quote from: Kayo on March 03, 2011, 03:49:12 PM
I thought Diamond beat Pearl? Eh, pretty much everyone I know either got Diamond or both.

And I can see how the 3rd installments won.. They were good enough to not be carbon copies of the first two, and most of the people who bought either of the first two would buy it. So, since it doesn't have to share with another game (but people still buy it anyway), the 3rd game would win.
3rd installments were generally combos of the first two.
They shared almost the same exclusives and had quite a few of their own additions.
Pokemon exclusives for example.

In Pokemon Crystal, Growlithe and Spinarak (Gold exclusives) and Meowth and Ledyba (Silver exclusives) each made an appearance together.
Whereas Vulpix a Silver exclusive and Mankey a Gold exclusive (Counterparts to Growlithe and Meowth) didn't make an appearance.
Same with Ruby and Sapphire.

Basically the 3rd installments borrow "some" exclusives, but not all.

Kayo

Quote from: Negative Vibes on March 03, 2011, 04:29:11 PM
I was searching through google and read up a few reviews on Japan.
According to the statistics Black sold more copies than White.
3rd installments were generally combos of the first two.
They shared almost the same exclusives and had quite a few of their own additions.
Pokemon exclusives for example.

In Pokemon Crystal, Growlithe and Spinarak (Gold exclusives) and Meowth and Ledyba (Silver exclusives) each made an appearance together.
Whereas Vulpix a Silver exclusive and Mankey a Gold exclusive (Counterparts to Growlithe and Meowth) didn't make an appearance.
Same with Ruby and Sapphire.

Basically the 3rd installments borrow "some" exclusives, but not all.
Like how in Emerald, there were only 2 version exclusives missing, one from each game. Lunatone from Sapphire and Zangoose from Ruby were both absent. But to balance out having both Lotad and Seedot, and both Sableye and Mawile, they removed Surskit, Meditite, and Roselia.

Actually, they kept Surskit, as a Swarm Pokemon only. But it was rare as hell anyway.

And also in Platinum they actually added the Pokemon that got new evos to the Regional Dex. The game was much more fun being able to play through with those Pokémon.
[move][/move]

FruitFlow