News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

I'm considering making an RP here, BUT...

Started by Anarchy_Jas, June 23, 2010, 05:13:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which idea would you want made into an RP?

Roanapur: City of Outlaws
Lurking in the Shadows
Unknown Town RP
Other? (Must make suggestion)

Anarchy_Jas

I don't want it to go dead like so many of the other ones on here. Good news is, I have new inspiration for an RP, (and can run one, even with a job), and I have a few different ideas for one. My only problem is finding people who will ACTIVELY play along. So before I write out/potentially waste time writing a super-detailed post with the full stories, rules and whatnot, I want to see if anyone's interested in either of my ideas/would be willing to help me out. I'll take suggestions too. It's late/early, but I'll do my best with the descriptions.

Idea 1, Roanapur: City of Outlaws, Action/Adventure/Town RP:

This is based on the anime and manga series, "Black Lagoon." (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Lagoon) It takes place in the fictional city of, Roanapur, Thailand (and in other places in Southeast Asia/on the sea, if you venture there), fifty years after the series ends. Time and technology may have advanced, but Roanapur is still the lowest place on earth... a city where illegal activity is normal. It's a city of outlaws and criminals, each one with their own dark past. Everything from drug and weapon smuggling to murder to prostitution happens here.* It serves as home to the Lagoon Company, a mercenary/pirate group that is now being managed by a new generation. Other organizations are also falling into the hands of the next generation (Hotel Moscow, various other mobs), and a possible war for power could start. Your character can join one of the organizations, fly solo, or just live there.**

* Black Lagoon is quite graphic, but I'd do my best to not let it get too out of hand.
** I am planning on letting people have their own mercenary/crime organizations, but these would be limited

Idea 2, Lurking in the Shadows, Action/Adventure RP

In the distant future, scientists have merged technology with magic, bringing great improvements to weapons and living in general. However, what the public doesn't know is the government's not only corrupt, or of their true goal has been for the past decades: To obtain perfection. In attempt to create the perfect world, they are building the ultimate weapon, one that will obliterate the world's entire population. The government and their scientists are also looking to create a perfect being. A dangerous (and for now, unknown) energy has been discovered to potentially cause changes in the human body, giving the person abilities beyond a normal human's. They have captured various people, and injected the energy into them. Chances of surviving the injections are slim, but there are those who survive, and continue being forced through the experimentation. However, there is a rebel group, The Shadow, that fight to stop the oncoming destruction. Currently, they are small, but their forces are slowly growing. Ex-soldiers, former government scientists, prisoners that survived experimentation and escaped, they are banding together. You fight for either the creation of the perfect world, or the salvation of the current one, and a new government.

Idea 3, (Unknown Name), Town RP

This one would be just a Town RP taking place in the present day. There's stores, parks, bars, clubs, a forest, pool, museum, library, restaurants, dojo, things a town would have. It'd be like a slice-of-life, The Sims type of RP. Your character can get a job, make friends, participate in town events, party, find love, or be that one guy/chick everyone hates. There's also the misadventures to get into as well. Yes, the story behind the town would be in the works, and these kinds of RPs are very simple, but can be fun if people participate.

Please vote and give me ideas. It'd be really nice to see a good, active RP around here again.
"I know they hope I fall, but tell 'em winning is my muthaeffin protocol."

Light

I like Lurking in the Shadows the most for an RP, but the Town idea would be just as good, if not better, for this community.
Holy crap all my sigs were always poop. Best leave this space alone.

Jayat

Most people like to fight me for some reason...I guess because I'm so legendary.Most of the fights are against my created fighter.

http://jaycross1.deviantart.com/

Click here to level up my card!

Wii 8713-9036-0212-2272

Anarchy_Jas

Quote from: Jayat on June 23, 2010, 04:47:10 PM
Most people like to fight me for some reason...I guess because I'm so legendary.Most of the fights are against my created fighter.

http://jaycross1.deviantart.com/

... And that answers my question, how...? =\
"I know they hope I fall, but tell 'em winning is my muthaeffin protocol."

jnfs2014

I'm definitely in for this.

City of Outlaws is too risky atm and would be the first to die. We'd have to have at least six active people to make it work.

Lurking in the Shadows sounds pretty cool, but I'm foreseeing it will be psuedo-DMDTS in a way. (Not in a bad way, of course)

Town RP would be the best choice.....if you weren't a maniac zombie and there were three and a half people willing to do it. :/

Overall, Lurking in the Shadows is the best choice IMO because of the few active RP'ers. If we got others back, *cought_lhobofearandtheotherhalfofbirdie*, we could really make that one work well. If we got more new-ish RP'ers, then the city one would be better. City of Outlaws is a good idea, but it would be better for a closer knit forum (or a more RP-based one) than we are.

tl;dr Lurking in the Shadows.

Macawmoses

haven't rp'd in ages, but #2 looks interesting

Thirdkoopa

#3 I may join but probably not so don't even pend your choice on me. :x
[21:11] <mackormoses> let's take a look at today's stats
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> stats today are high
[21:11] <mackormoses> holy intercourse ing poop
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> you adding all these standards
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> is really pushing us [/quote]
Quote from: JrDude φ on May 31, 2010, 08:32:13 PM
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"