News:

<+Clu> was cute sure but it doesnt even mention homosexuality

Main Menu

Mario Party 9?

Started by JrDude, February 17, 2011, 12:02:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JrDude

Mario Party, a series that started off very good, then people started becoming too good and the sequels started to get too boring for people. There have been 10 Mario Party games (I think), and only the console ones getting more sequels.
But who thinks there should be a Mario Party 9?

Honestly though, play any Mario Party game and you will likely get bored of it easily, even if you lose every now and then. But stop playing, be less of a pro, then play with other people. Lose sometimes, win sometimes, and have fun, when playing with other live people, it is a lot more fun than beating the computer every time. Mario Party never really became bad, it's just not very fun if you don't have other live people playing with you.

So I ask again, who wants another Mario Party for the Wii?
[move][/move]
Dude .

Neerb

Mario Party started really sucking when they changed it so that only one board had the classic gameplay style; I only want to play classic style, and I want more than one board to play on.

Anyway, yes, I think they should make Mario Party 9, but they should put more effort into it than Mario Party 8 or Wii Party.

Custom

I don't think they should make mario party 9
they're already making mii party or whatever to replace it

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Shujinco2

There is but one reason I still haven't gotten bored of Mario Party 3:

Daisy is a intercourse ing cheater. 6 Stars in 9 turnes, the intercourse ?

Doodle

Mario Party hasn't really been very good since 6. The DS one was okay, though.
I think they should just leave it be.
YEAH

FruitFlow

I've never touched another Mario Party game after the N64 era.
Sequels are one thing, but an endless line of them is going overboard.

There were 3 on the N64, 1 on the GBA, 4 on the GCN, 1 on the DS and 1 on the Wii.
That makes a grand total of 10 MP games, which I'm sure everyone agrees is a lot.

Also, playing against CPUs is just no fun in most games.
Especially this one.
Gets boring and repetitive very fast.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

JrDude

Exactly why I said it's more fun with real people. Hell, even with only 1 human it can be a lot more fun. Just don't overplay the game and play with real people and Mario Party can be loads of fun.

Also, if you want only the old play style, only play the old games. It would be almost entirely pointless if they didn't change it up in the sequels. Also, there are multiple boards that have the "old style." Off the top of my head I can only think of 2, 1 where the star moves everywhere and is 20 coins, one where you have to reach a certain part of the board and buy it there every time. Mario Party 1 had both of those, so does Mario Party 8.
[move][/move]
Dude .

shadowmarioguy

I have to agree that playing Mario Party games with other people in real life is quite fun.  I've spent countless sleepless nights playing 50 turn matches with friends.  The sad part is, we're so busy purposely messing each other up for the fun of it that the computer player almost always wins.  There was this one time where I accidentally kicked the N64 towards the end of a 35 turn game, which of course caused the game to freeze.  From that day on, we always set it to save after every turn.   :P

I really haven't been too fond of the series since items were replaced by orbs.  Whether we want MP9 or not, it's been a few years since the release of MP8.  I can't see Nintendo making a MP9 after all this time, unless they do something on the 3DS somewhere down the line.

Macawmoses

Hudson being gone is interesting. I wonder if Nintendo would contract it out again, or develop it through EAD/sKIP/etc.

Cornwad

I would wait until the next console comes out, it would seem fresher then.