News:

UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

what's your favorite and least favorite zelda game

Started by Custom, April 17, 2013, 06:23:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kayo

Quote from: Custom on May 05, 2013, 07:14:58 PM
it reuses the same amount of music as every other zelda game. it's not like there weren't original tracks or anything.
i was fine with the characters were fine because they're actually on the same plotline unlike everything else and they really didn't have any depth in oot like they do in mm
On the music thing, I can totally see arguing that half the soundtrack was carbon-copied from OoT. All those places like Goron City/Village, Lost Woods, Zora's Domain/Whatever and stuff like that just had the exact same music. And then the music for the four main areas of MM (Southern Swamp, etc.) are basically variations of the same tune. First time I played I could definitely see where criticism could be. I mean yeah, there are certain tunes that just last throughout the entire series in different remixes, etc. but none as carbon-copied as OoT/MM.

And the character reusing, while they were much more multi-dimensional in MM than in OoT, one could definitely argue that they just recycled a poopton of stuff to make MM. Even if I don't quite agree with that judgment.

Personally I usually like when music tracks make returns in future games, whether it's Zelda or not. Even when I boot up Skyward Sword, hearing that good old Fairy Fountain theme on the file select screen always takes me back.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]