News:

<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

Phineas and Ferb

Started by Neerb, October 25, 2010, 08:53:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neerb

Cartoon Network is coming back, at least. They're definitely better than they were a couple years ago.

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Neerb on July 11, 2011, 11:02:04 PM
Cartoon Network is coming back, at least. They're definitely better than they were a couple years ago.
I'll say they came back once they get rid of Hole in the Wall, Adventure Time, Problem Solverz, and any show that looks so out of place and surreal.

Neerb

Quote from: MooglePlayerChris on July 12, 2011, 09:41:41 AM
I'll say they came back once they get rid of Hole in the Wall, Adventure Time, Problem Solverz, and any show that looks so out of place and surreal.

Now, see, you're getting too specific; I'm not saying they have the same kind of shows they used to have, I'm saying they're getting better in quality, and Adventure Time is definitely a hilarious show.

DededeCloneChris

I thought Adventure Time was a SpongeBob rip-off due to its heavily dream themed setting with a fanboy and his creepy dog.

Neerb

Quote from: MooglePlayerChris on July 12, 2011, 11:03:52 AM
I thought Adventure Time was a SpongeBob rip-off due to its heavily dream themed setting with a fanboy and his creepy dog.

What? How the heck is that ripping off of Spongebob? Have you even watched the two shows?

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Neerb on July 12, 2011, 11:58:59 AM
What? How the heck is that ripping off of Spongebob? Have you even watched the two shows?
Yes. SpongeBob obviously became annoying after the movie.

Adventure Time's art style put me off, and I dislike the main character for acting like an ascended hero fan boy. Oh, and his dog-mentor thing is as grotesque as the landscape they live in.

Kayo

Chris has never watched Spongebob.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Kayo on July 12, 2011, 05:57:27 PM
Chris has never watched Spongebob.
I watched a lot of it in Mexico.

But that was right before the movie era spawned the suckish seasons where his intelligence slowly decays with each passing episode.

Kayo

Quote from: MooglePlayerChris on July 12, 2011, 06:00:46 PM
I watched a lot of it in Mexico.

But that was right before the movie era spawned the suckish seasons where his intelligence slowly decays with each passing episode.
If you watched a Spanish dub, I'm sure it wasn't as good.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Kayo on July 12, 2011, 06:13:46 PM
If you watched a Spanish dub, I'm sure it wasn't as good.
Trust me. The Spanish dub made characters more tolerable. Squidward doesn't talk like an idiot when you compare his English voice with the Mexican voice, and SpongeBob sounds less (ambiguous) gayish.

And the characters don't have Mexican accents. It's just that there are two kinds of Spanish for those who don't know.

Kayo

Quote from: MooglePlayerChris on July 12, 2011, 07:03:52 PM
Trust me. The Spanish dub made characters more tolerable. Squidward doesn't talk like an idiot when you compare his English voice with the Mexican voice, and SpongeBob sounds less (ambiguous) gayish.

And the characters don't have Mexican accents. It's just that there are two kinds of Spanish for those who don't know.
But dubs never exist without ruining things. Especially because certain things can't be translated exactly while keeping the same effect.
[move][/move]

DededeCloneChris

Luckily, Mexico is full of very similar stuff its American counterpart has so there's no problem with dubs.

Did I also mention we don't censor the good stuff the U.S.A. missed out? We grew up with the bloody DBZ.

Kayo

Quote from: MooglePlayerChris on July 12, 2011, 07:36:05 PM
Luckily, Mexico is full of very similar stuff its American counterpart has so there's no problem with dubs.

Did I also mention we don't censor the good stuff the U.S.A. missed out? We grew up with the bloody DBZ.
One thing I might mention is jokes based on the English language, which make no sense when translated.
[move][/move]

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Kayo on July 12, 2011, 07:53:21 PM
One thing I might mention is jokes based on the English language, which make no sense when translated.
That's why I said Mexico has that part perfectly covered.

BOREDFOREVER

You know why I like Phineas and Ferb among the crap I have to watch with the kids?  They don't constantly put the title characters in crappy situations.  They, more often than not, simply succeed in whatever it is their doing.  Yeah, conflict creates drama.  But the episodes seem to get by with a lot of comedy without a lot of the "o poop" scenarios of sitcoms.  Sure, Candice constantly fails, and Perry gets into some trouble, but it's generally a happy show without being patronizing or infantile.