News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

Nintendo Direct - Wii U edition

Started by Neerb, September 11, 2012, 03:32:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neerb

Holy crap, yesterday was the last day to pre-order Deluxe package from GameStop; now you can only pre-order the Basic package.

I guess Nintendo just doesn't want GameStop to make money? Or maybe those manufacturing error rumors were worse than expected? There's no way this thing is out-selling the Wii already...

Edit: Best Buy, Walmart, and Target are sold out online, too. I can't believe it took TWO DAYS for it to sell out at all these places. Guess I gotta get Basic or wait til January.

zephilicious

or you know wait until it actually has games
~~ <3

Zero

Quote from: Trevelyan on September 15, 2012, 07:53:25 AM
Holy crap, yesterday was the last day to pre-order Deluxe package from GameStop; now you can only pre-order the Basic package.

I guess Nintendo just doesn't want GameStop to make money? Or maybe those manufacturing error rumors were worse than expected? There's no way this thing is out-selling the Wii already...

Edit: Best Buy, Walmart, and Target are sold out online, too. I can't believe it took TWO DAYS for it to sell out at all these places. Guess I gotta get Basic or wait til January.

To be fair, I hear old people talking about this poop just like I did with the Wii.

The Wii U is going to be just as successful if not more successful because Nintendo is going to be going for both crowds this time harder than ever. The "hxc" and the "casual".

Those manufacturer errors wouldn't surprise me, though...

Admittedly, I wasn't going to even bother getting one until the new Smash Bros was released, but it looks like I may be getting one earlier.

Nayrman

Glad I got my deluxe when I did! Wow that's good news for them, or could be just because of the limited supply they're gonna have.

Tupin

I preordered the standard model, partially because Deluxe was sold out and partially because NintendoLand doesn't look worth $60.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Tupin on September 15, 2012, 03:21:37 PM
I preordered the standard model, partially because Deluxe was sold out and partially because NintendoLand doesn't look worth $60.
Did you forget the 32 GB memory and (late) better internet bonus parts?

Neerb

Quote from: DededeCloneChris on September 15, 2012, 10:43:00 PM
Did you forget the 32 GB memory and (late) better internet bonus parts?

And the fact that those PLUS Nintendo Land PLUS some stands are $50 total in Deluxe?

Tupin

Look, I didn't have time to preorder before yesterday. I wanted a Deluxe, all I could get was Basic.

I've heard there are a few places to still get a deluxe, and Best Buy isn't opening in-store preorders until next week, so...

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Tupin on September 16, 2012, 01:01:03 PM
Look, I didn't have time to preorder before yesterday. I wanted a Deluxe, all I could get was Basic.

Same here, except for the fact I held myself back from getting the Standard set to wait for a Deluxe one later.

Nayrman

Probably better to wait for the Deluxe then if you really want it. Just seems like a better deal if you like to download games (and no doubt there will be more of them now that they finally have some freaking HDD space).

That and the black just looks better. Heh. Just out of curiosity, who else pre-ordered theirs on Gamestop right as they first put it up?

Tupin

Soon there aren't going to be any of either, so I took what I could get.

Best Buy and Toys R Us are supposedly reopening orders sometime soon, I'll try then.

Nayrman

Quote from: Tupin on September 16, 2012, 03:20:58 PM
Soon there aren't going to be any of either, so I took what I could get.

Best Buy and Toys R Us are supposedly reopening orders sometime soon, I'll try then.

Good luck dude.

SkyMyl

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate and Marvelous 101 got me, pre-ordered my Deluxe at Nintendo's official store, which was somehow the only retail place left to pre-order around here.