News:

<+Clu> was cute sure but it doesnt even mention homosexuality

Main Menu

Nintendo Direct - Wii U edition

Started by Neerb, September 11, 2012, 03:32:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neerb

Thursday, September 13 at 10AM ET, Nintendo will be hosting another Direct conference, only this time it's supposedly going to feature Reggie talking about the Wii U. If any rumors are even remotely true, this conference should reveal several new games as well as all final launch information, such as date, price, and possibly bundles (I personally would like a bundle with either Nintendo Land or a Pro controller, but I don't see either being likely).

I'll update with a link to the live stream as soon as I can get it (or if someone else here could find one, that would be cool), but I probably won't see it live myself due to classes.

DededeCloneChris

Please, do provide us with the link that guarantees the authencity of your info.

Zero

new games?

oh good. So far the line up is just....well...Pikmin 3 as far as I'm concerned.

Nayrman

Release date: Between Nov. 15th and 20th
Price: either $350 or $400

No new games announced because they've got tons of Mario, and that's all they need, right? RIGHT!?

Just my speculation at least. :P

Neerb

Rumor from ZI:
The Wii U pre-orders open up this Thursday at GameStop. Those looking to pre-order a Wii U will have to put down $50 at the least and can choose from 1 of 3 different bundles, ranging from $250, to $350. Tips also state that the Wii U will be available the week before Thanksgiving, meaning that it may launch as early as November 11th, but the Wii U will come in very limited quantities.

Official:

Neerb

SPOILERZZZ

Japan had their conference at 3 AM today, and since I'm up early but will be in class during America's conference, I figured I'd go ahead and post some stuff revealed for Japan as indications of what will happen here.

The Nintendo Wii U will be released in Japan on December 8, with Nintendo Land and New Super Mario Bros U both being launch titles (which is interesting, because I heard a while ago that NSMBU would come out that day, but I assumed it was simply coming out later than the console). There will be two packages available: the Basic package is white with 8G of storage, an HDMI cable, and the game pad. The Premium package is black with 32G of storage, an HDMI cable, the game pad, a stand for the console, a stand for the game pad, a charging dock for the game pad, and most interestingly, a 2-year (through Dec. 2014) subscription to Nintendo Network Premium, which is a paid version of their online that will grant you discounts on digital purchases and free eShop points.

Also, I'm not going to even bother posting yen prices since we'll have dollar prices later today, but it is worth noting that Nintendo Land is a bit cheaper than NSMBU, the pro controller is the same price as Nintendo Land, and a second game pad would be almost three times the price of the pro controller. Better not break the first pad you get...

Neerb

AMERICA TIME.

America will be getting the Wii U November 18, considerably earlier than Japan. It will be in the same packages, called Basic and Deluxe, only America's Deluxe package comes with Nintendo Land (although I'm not entirely sure we get the 2-year online subscription). Basic is $300 and Deluxe is $350. They also revealed some specs, like that the Wii U has 2 gigs of ram and the game discs have 25 gig.

Nayrman

Totally called the pricing and date. Mind you, it's Nintendo so it was pretty obvious.

I've heard the deluxe package also gives you essentially a "Playstation Plus" or "Xbox Live Gold" status for two years or so. I got the deluxe box mostly for the added memory, etc. Even though 32GB is still a rather paltry amount compared to the HDD's the PS3 can rock. Oh well.

Best thing about the conference was Bayonetta 2. I just wished they announced a few more games to get us excited, as it looks like there will be that launch window of games then absolutely nothing until the summer. That's usual for consoles but still, rather disappointing. I was hoping for one big Nintendo reveal to get people excited but they really had nothing to show on their end.

Also, TVii? Really? If you have a wireless connection strong enough to handle streaming like that onto your game pad, you likely have a laptop or other computer device that can probably run it better. Ah well. It's not a horrible function, but one of those things where I wonder why Nintendo is interested in the first place.

Zero

There is really no reason to not get the Deluxe version

Neerb

Quote from: Z on September 13, 2012, 11:12:37 AM
There is really no reason to not get the Deluxe version

Well, I suppose if you don't care about Nintendo Land or buying online games cheaper, you could be better off with basic. After all, Wii U is external hard drive supportive, so whether or not it comes with 8 or 32 g won't matter for very long once I get a 500g or 1t usb drive.

There's also the color; maybe someone just really wants the white one over the black one.

Tupin

So apparently the creator of Bayonetta is getting death threats over the sequel being Wii U exclusive. Despite the fact that it wasn't even going to be made before this point because of troubles within the company and sales numbers.

Might be a while if it's ported, can't think of any titles that Nintendo publishes themselves that they let on other consoles.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Zero

Quote from: Tupin on September 13, 2012, 05:18:55 PM
So apparently the creator of Bayonetta is getting death threats over the sequel being Wii U exclusive. Despite the fact that it wasn't even going to be made before this point because of troubles within the company and sales numbers.

thats so intercourse ing dumb

Neerb

Call of Duty: Black Ops II can do Game Pad (with radar and killstreaks on touch screen), Pro controller, OR Wiimote with Nunchuk, which is pretty sweet. Plus, if you do split-screen, the person using the Game Pad can just use his controller screen, so 2-player lets the Pro/Wiimote player get the whole TV to himself. Pretty sweet stuff, although I imagine there won't exactly be a ton of CoD vets on Wii U (although that could provide the opportunity to start fresh with a non-vagina cleaning devicey CoD community).

zephilicious

Quote from: Trevelyan on September 13, 2012, 08:55:12 PM
(although that could provide the opportunity to start fresh with a non-vagina cleaning devicey CoD community).
except its a nintendo console and the average player will be even younger
~~ <3

Tupin

Most online FPSes on consoles are ruined because most people hack, especially on Nintendo consoles where it's easier to do so.

A kind of hidden title from the Direct was The Wonderful 101. Looks cool.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.