News:

UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

*sigh* why must UK Hardcore be so hard to obtain for me :(

Started by Zovistograt, January 12, 2008, 07:47:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zovistograt

It is quite unfortunate that one of my favorite genres of music is annoyingly hard to find in the US, and on top of that, is mostly on LP's (records) instead of CD's or mp3's, and they're mostly only available in the UK so I'd have to import.  Take this for example:

Yes, I want that very, very much.  £4.68 for four songs on a 12" LP.  Grah, that's not so bad, but I'd have to import it AND possibly get a USB turntable from ThinkGeek to play it on and rip it to mp3.  These songs also happen to be hard to find for free on the Internet in mp3 form, which is great for the DJ's like Gammer because they usually produce their own music, but...aaaaa I want these songs, they're awesome.

Anybody else frustrated by the hard-to-find...ness of some kinds of music?  Anyone here actually import UK hardcore? :P  Is it worth it? D:
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

major tom

'Hardcore techno'? What the intercourse .

Figure out a way to steal it on the internets. Or just get a cheap record player and get more vinyls. Vinyls are ftw. But only if you get Frampton Comes Alive. Back in the 70's, EVERYONE had that.

Zovistograt

Quote from: Co-Z on January 12, 2008, 08:37:39 AM
'Hardcore techno'? What the intercourse .

Figure out a way to steal it on the internets. Or just get a cheap record player and get more vinyls. Vinyls are ftw. But only if you get Frampton Comes Alive. Back in the 70's, EVERYONE had that.
have you ever listened to hardcore?

and...no, I haven't found a way to find these songs.  They're harder to find than normal songs on the Internet because the Internet community that loves this music is also very protective of it.  Also...Frampton?...mmm nah I'll pass >.>
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)