News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

Keiji Inafune quits Capcom

Started by Nayrman, October 29, 2010, 12:58:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nayrman

That's right, according to multiple sources, Keiji Inafune has recently resigned his position from Capcom, and will go on to work on other projects outside the studio whenever he decides to do something or what to work on. For those not in the know, he made Dead Rising, Onimusha, and a little franchise called Megaman. This is a huge loss for Capcom, now that both he and Shinji Mikami are no longer there, the creators of their most successful franchises are gone. (Between the two of them, Megaman, Resident Evil, Devil May Cry, Dead Rising, among others).

So, how do you think this'll affect games like Legends 3, Megaman Universe, and future projects?

DededeCloneChris

The fact all original creators that leave their companies only results in their companies to take very NASTY turns...I think Capcom will never be the same. I HOPE Megaman Legends 3 goes unaffected.

SkyMyl

...I'm afraid. I'm very afraid about what this means for Capcom's future.

Tupin

Capcom's already five years behind in game design, how much worse can it get? Dead Rising 2 was awesome, but what 3D console game in 2010 has text dialogue?

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

TheDarkChief

Quote from: AuraChannelerChris on October 29, 2010, 03:42:51 PM
I HOPE Megaman Legends 3 goes unaffected.
you have no idea how much im hoping this is true

Homewrecker

WHAT.

WHY.

HIS DREAM GAME JUST GOT ANNOUNCED, WHY WOULD HE LEAVE.

OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD WHY.

Cornwad

This is really a shame, Capcom is my favorite company. Inafune's push for westernization was the only thing keeping them alive. He will be missed. Now it's all up to Nintendo to keep Japanese gaming alive.