News:

<+Clu> was cute sure but it doesnt even mention homosexuality

Main Menu

MEDIA PLAYERS

Started by Zero, September 03, 2011, 07:13:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zero

I've been through this cycle where I have jumped from media player to media player(due to crashes, etc.) until I inevitably give itunes another shot, and this time I'm trying to figure out why in god's name it won't let me display album art for the EPs I have, or even The Megas' Get Acoustic album.

Basically I can manually get album art in most cases, but in others its like there isn't even a square with a musical note as a placeholder for album art, so basically I'm SOL as far as I can tell.

Itunes has never crashed on me, unlike Winamp, WMP, Real, VLC, and the absolutely terrible Zune player. So I'd really like to just get rid of this little annoyance so I can hopefully break this stupid cycle.

Also, it's tedious to manually check "Part of a complilation" for all of my albums that have songs that have multiple artists in them. Itunes isn't very hip-hop friendly in that regard as it seperates songs that are on the same album just because its "featuring" another artist, lol. Any shortcuts?

Thanks.

EDIT: This thread is now about what Media player you use and why. Gay poop like that.

Zero

Figured out that second part on my own.

Unfortunately I still can't figure out why there aren't placeholders for certain albums.

Kayo

It's because iTunes is iTunes and that's all I can say. However I'd just like to point out that I don't have that album placeholder problem on the "absolutely terrible" Zune player and I think that's probably something that's just because, like I said, it's iTunes.

You're sure no other media player works better than iTunes for you? If that's the case, I'm truly sorry for you bro.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Zero

I haven't tried Zune since I had a Zune back in 2006. Back then, it crashed, froze, refused to let you edit meta data, etc. It was horrendous. If an update fixed these issues then awesome. Unfortunately I've already put a bunch of effort into Itunes and would rather not jump ship until I actually have an issue that prevents me from listening to music.

Anyway, yeah I'm sure. WMP, Winamp, Zune, etc all can go die in a fire. I hate Apple but like intercourse  I'm going to let that stop me from enjoying my music.

Kayo

Quote from: Zero on September 03, 2011, 08:17:29 PM
I haven't tried Zune since I had a Zune back in 2006. Back then, it crashed, froze, refused to let you edit meta data, etc. It was horrendous. If an update fixed these issues then awesome. Unfortunately I've already put a bunch of effort into Itunes and would rather not jump ship until I actually have an issue that prevents me from listening to music.

Anyway, yeah I'm sure. WMP, Winamp, Zune, etc all can go die in a fire. I hate Apple but like intercourse  I'm going to let that stop me from enjoying my music.

While I'm not sure how it will be with you, I remember having serious problems with the Zune player when I first got mine. It crashed constantly and for a period of like 6 months wouldn't even run on my desktop. I think I know what you're talking about, because it was intercourse ing terrible and I was so mad at the fact that I HAD to use it to sync with my Zune and etc.

However in the past 2 years I have not had a single problem with it. it's a very simple player. Not flashy at all, but it does all i need it to do. Then again if you don't have a Zune it's no better than any other player. I'm just saying it's not so corrupted anymore.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Zero

I remember Zune being "flashier" than any of these players I've tried since I had a Zune.

It's nice to hear that it isn't as poopty. If Itunes ends up being terribad I might try it.

Kayo

Quote from: Zero on September 03, 2011, 08:39:30 PM
I remember Zune being "flashier" than any of these players I've tried since I had a Zune.

It's nice to hear that it isn't as poopty. If Itunes ends up being terribad I might try it.
In my opinion it's a wonderfully simple little program. I have it running almost 24/7, because I like to listen to music like most people do when I'm using the computer. It just sits in my taskbar playing through playlists of mine at my disposal. That's all I need it for, and it does that excellently enough.
[move][/move]

Neerb

I have no idea what I'm doing since I generally avoid Apple altogether, but how exactly does the syncing work when using iTunes? If my MP3 player has different songs than my iTunes account, will one automatically delete stuff from the other so that they're the same? Or are the missing songs added to both to make them the same?

I ask this because I have lost stuff while "syncing" on other things before, and I'd rather it not happen again.

Super

The music player Clementine (which I think is the best music player) is nice. You should try it out. Couple that with Mp3tag, a music tagging program, and you should be golden in terms of managing, playing, and labelling your collections.

Just have the screen graphics settings turned down to basic in Zune.
...̅̅̅

Kayo

Quote from: Live‽ on September 04, 2011, 12:25:22 PM
Just have the screen graphics settings turned down to basic in Zune.
Oh yeah well that's what I do. I guess having them higher is what makes the program slow down and/or crash more.
[move][/move]

Zero

Oh I had tried that.

Didn't change much. So far I'm pretty happy with itunes though.

Kayo

I've never seen anyone else who was ever happy with iTunes.
[move][/move]

Zero

Quote from: Kayo on September 04, 2011, 06:22:12 PM
I've never seen anyone else who was ever happy with iTunes.

lol why

Kayo

Quote from: Zero on September 04, 2011, 09:04:48 PM
lol why
I think a top issue is running it on Windows. I imagine it may work a lot better on a Mac, but me and pretty much everyone I know has a PC so idk.

Biggest problem is just tons of little issues and things that prevent it from working like it should.
[move][/move]