News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

E3 announcing the New Microsoft Concept console

Started by Chris8492, January 06, 2012, 03:00:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zero

They'll more than likely keep the Xbox name. They lack the balls that Nintendo has as far as naming consoles goes. Granted, in the case of the Game Boy to DS transition, Nintendo had an overwhelming majority share of the handheld market. Success was practically guaranteed.

Though if they did change the brand name, as long as they advertised it as a successor, it'd probably succeed. This is all based off the assumption that changing brand names is generally bad and poop but I'm assuming this because Microsoft and Sony in particular seem to enjoy playing it safe(not to mention hundreds of other non-video game industry companies).

RX-78-2

I've been lagging behind lately with video game news--new console news, anyway. I'm pretty much a Microsoft fanboy, with Nintendo coming in a close second place (if not being equal). I really need to do my research like I used to. In any case, I'm definitely curious about this new Xbox thing and how it shapes up next to the WiiU.
I dunno hao 2 put imgs heer :(

****************Mack was here******************

Super

Quote from: Michio Kaku on January 11, 2012, 10:34:03 AM
They'll more than likely keep the Xbox name. They lack the balls that Nintendo has as far as naming consoles goes. Granted, in the case of the Game Boy to DS transition, Nintendo had an overwhelming majority share of the handheld market. Success was practically guaranteed.

Though if they did change the brand name, as long as they advertised it as a successor, it'd probably succeed. This is all based off the assumption that changing brand names is generally bad and poop but I'm assuming this because Microsoft and Sony in particular seem to enjoy playing it safe(not to mention hundreds of other non-video game industry companies).
Nintendo seems to be playing it safe with Wii U and 3DS.

Zero