News:

<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

Boards - They're a Changing

Started by Macawmoses, June 15, 2010, 09:20:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Macawmoses

I'd like to keep summer discussion in the events calendar, but this seems too important to just let slide into another announcement. As such, the following boards will become read only effective immediately, and will be slowly filtered out over the next week. If you have a thread on the following boards, please pm MYSELF to have it moved to the appropriate board. I have plans for certain threads.

TF2: Due to the fact we no longer have a TF2 server (you can change that) and TF2 discussion has dried up, the board will be retired. All discussion of TF2 can take place in the PC Gaming board.

Arts and Written: Neither board is truly thriving, instead, surviving on a handful of threads. From now on, Nintendo related art (graphics, stories, reviews) can go in the Nintendo board, so on and so forth. The remainder will be part of Arts Discussion.

Furthermore, I'd like to announce our Board of the next 1.5 Months...

In the News: this will be a board to discuss current events in a semi serious matter. With the absence of Serious Discussion, we've seen an absence of threads on BP, the separatists in Belgium, and so on and so forth. Is this because you don't want to talk? Or do you need encouraged? That's what this board opts to find out. Its success will directly relate to SD. Oh, and those Doodle news posts could be game too.

Board merge...

Forum Features and Help and Feedback: will be merged into NSFCDiscussion. All discussion pertaining to the sites features, help with the forums and the software, and suggestions belong here. The name is sort of misleading, so I trust you can figure it out.

These changes will take place as soon as I am done dinner. Feel free to discuss.

Kayo

Quote from: Mace on June 15, 2010, 09:20:48 PM
Or do you need encouraged?
These changes will take place as soon as I am done dinner.
...what

Also, my comments.
about the Arts and Written.... do you mean that Drawn is going too? and the general Drawn topics will be discussed in The Arts Discussion? Or maybe did you mean to say "Drawn and Written" instead of "Arts and Written"? I'm just a bit confused here... :/
But I am disappointed that all our discussion of sigmaking will be split between Nintendo and The Arts (Since about half the sigs here feature Nintendo characters, and half do not.) ..or is the GFX/sigs thread staying in the Arts and all sigs will be discussed there? That seems like a good idea to me :/

In The News.. I was sort of hoping for a while for some kind of Media board, with the purpose of discussing music, movies, TV, and news, but this is fine too. I'm having slight hopes that it stays to replace SD, but I'm having doubts it will be able to survive.

NSFCDiscussion- First, I will try to form an acronym to match that. NSider Forums... Cock Cork Cunt...Clam Discussion? Yeah, I got nothing. But anyway, I think this is a great idea, since no one really uses the Forum Features board, and a lot of the stuff on there is stuff like asking for help, giving feedback, etc. Will this new board be where Help & Feedback is now?

That's all I have to say on this.

I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Silverhawk79

SkyMyl

These changes will take place as soon as I am done dinner. Feel free to discuss.
>topic was posted at 12 AM EST
>13 hours have passed

This is one long ass dinner.

Macawmoses

slight delay due to personal issues. gf- the fury.

will be done tomorrow

Read only

this is nsider all over again
...̅̅̅

PsychoYoshi

SkyMyl

Kayo

Quote from: Councillor Velarn on June 21, 2010, 01:31:13 AM
NSF IS GOING DOWNHILL
Quote from: SkyMyl on June 21, 2010, 04:27:08 AM
RUINED FOREVER
...why is that? I see nothing wrong. Although, dear Drawn board, I will miss you.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Shujinco2

Why did we get rid of Drawn? Despite being only slightly thriving, it seems most practical where it is. It's the place for ART, and we will ALWAYS have art. Just keep it there, how it is. It worked, don't change it.

Thirdkoopa

[21:11] <mackormoses> let's take a look at today's stats
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> stats today are high
[21:11] <mackormoses> holy intercourse ing poop
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> you adding all these standards
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> is really pushing us [/quote]
Quote from: JrDude φ on May 31, 2010, 08:32:13 PM
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

Kayo

Alright, I want drawn back. I can't post my drawings anywhere else. ;_;
[move][/move]

Macawmoses

And this is why the board changes haven't happened yet. To see how much bawwwing would occur. Drawings can go in art (if they're specific, in other boards)

Kayo

Yeah, but Arts is mixed in with discussion on music and stuff.

I got an idea. Merge Written and Drawn. So we'll have one convenient board for user-created art. Anything made by users can go there. :/
[move][/move]

Shujinco2

Quote from: Mace on June 24, 2010, 03:31:27 PM
And this is why the board changes haven't happened yet. To see how much bawwwing would occur. Drawings can go in art (if they're specific, in other boards)
This is inconvenient as hell.