News:

<+Ice> i have a dildo factory line run by old women in my garage

Main Menu

does anyone actually see WiiU being successful?

Started by The Riddler, January 07, 2012, 06:25:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Super

It's hard to tell. It's definitely smart of Nintendo to stick to the Wii brand name, and upping the system's power to handle HD is definitely something that skeptics of the original Wii will take note of. The tablet controller, as I see it, is just an extension of the DS to a console. The good thing about that is that you've got all the basic, standard controller setup (control sticks, ABXY, triggers, etc) as well as the additional input of the touchscreen, and the obligatory motion controls.  I'd say the Wii U could appeal to more people considering that it has the potential to not be just a wagglefest.

DededeCloneChris

That, and it's Nintendo. It has a bunch of first party franchises not seen anywhere else. That's enough for everyone to be happy customers.

Hero_of_Darkness

ITT: We make judgments about a console that we know almost nothing about.

Flying Chickens

I say it's Nintendo's last hurrah.
Then they're taking Shigeru, Satoru, and all the other fat cats behind then barn and shooting them.
Then they're unveiling their new big company.
COOLGAMESFORCOOLKIDS
Or COGSOCKS for short.

Doodle

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on January 07, 2012, 11:15:17 PM
ITT: We make judgments about a console that we know almost nothing about.
Pretty much.
But it's a Nintendo console. I doubt it wouldn't be successful, but I'm not expecting it to be on par with the Wii.
YEAH

Mona

Quote from: Doodle on January 08, 2012, 11:13:56 AM
Pretty much.
But it's a Nintendo console. I doubt it wouldn't be successful, but I'm not expecting it to be on par with the Wii.

I agree.
The Wii got to be super popular because its main gimmick was that it was more interactive than just sitting on a couch and pressing buttons. This attracted a lot of young children and older people who wanted to use it as a way of exercising.
I don't foresee the drawing pad thing on the WiiU attracting such a wide range of people. Maybe little children might be into it but older generations probably won't care much for it.

It's a Nintendo console, though. It'll still sell.

Zero

Kayo

Isn't it way too early to tell? We don't even know a whole lot of what it'll have.

But every Nintendo console has done well, why won't this one?
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

The Riddler

Quote from: Pennington on January 08, 2012, 03:35:34 PM
Isn't it way too early to tell? We don't even know a whole lot of what it'll have.

But every Nintendo console has done well, why won't this one?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_64DD
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_boy

Kayo

I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Tupin

The Virtual Boy wasn't a gimmick, it was supposed to be a companion to the Game Boy. Had they used a headstrap rather than a stand, it would have done better. Not as well as if it had been in full color, but that was too expensive.

Not enough is known about the Wii U. They need to improve their online systems a lot. It will still probably do very well.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Kayo

Quote from: Tupin on January 08, 2012, 04:45:59 PM
The Virtual Boy wasn't a gimmick, it was supposed to be a companion to the Game Boy. Had they used a headstrap rather than a stand, it would have done better. Not as well as if it had been in full color, but that was too expensive.

Not enough is known about the Wii U. They need to improve their online systems a lot. It will still probably do very well.
Oh intercourse , I forgot all about the poop online.
[move][/move]

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Pennington on January 09, 2012, 02:41:08 PM
Oh intercourse , I forgot all about the poop online.

Well, it got a lot better with 3DS, so it'll likely get better again with Wii U.