News:

<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

Hey there, new Mario game

Started by SkyMyl, March 02, 2011, 11:42:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkyMyl

Yes, Mario 3DS is officially confirmed, and is apparently being worked on by the guys behind Super Mario Galaxy. Which is pretty badass, since Galaxy 2 was pretty badass.

Commence the obligatory discussion topic!

Nayrman

I seem to see Small Mario in the bottom left screenshot. Perhaps the Super Mushroom finally gets to be in a 3D game? Well, if it's the Galaxy team, I'm sure it'll be great.

DededeCloneChris

The god of video games like us so much. That's why Mario will stay alive.

And the first impression is very nice.

Nayrman

Also apparently a subtle hint at the possibility of the Raccoon Tail returning. I'm all for that. Hopefully we'll see the game in action and playable come E3. I get the prediction this will be a winter release for the 3DS to be big for the holidays. Unless of course Nintendo has something up their sleeve to show off at E3, which you never know, but we'll see.

Cornwad

It reminds me of Mario 64 mixed with Galaxy, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. If they're just casually mentioning this, they must have some big reveals in store for E3.

That also looks like a star coin above the paragoomba in the bottom right. I wonder if the tanooki tail is a trick or something. It's really obviously a tanooki tail, but it might be something new shaped like one.

Tupin

I'm just glad the technology has gotten good enough for a proper 3D Mario platformer on a handheld. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Silverhawk79

I'm excited. I also need to finish Super Mario Galaxy. >_>

FruitFlow

Seeing it's the Galaxy Team that's working on this I can already tell it'll be big hit.
Both Galaxy 1 and 2 got GoTY, so this may make it's way to the top as well. Only time will tell.

This is a definite buy for me.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Zero

Playat

Look good so far. I predict that the Super/Posion mushroom returning base on that small Mario pic.
Do you guys think they will bring back 4-player co-op from NSMBW?

FruitFlow

I doubt it.
Most 3D Mario games are usually 1-2 players.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

The Riddler

Real question mark blocks?
Lowering and Rising platforms of SMB1/3?
RACCOON TAIL?
LITTLE MARIO!?

OH GOD I CAME

FruitFlow

Man I hope the Frog Suit is in this.

Mystic

Kayo

I can't wait to be holding a 3DS and playing this game.

Definitely buying.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]