News:

<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

Super Smash Bros. Battle Royale

Started by Dog Food, April 02, 2010, 06:03:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dog Food

Welcome to Super Smash Bros. Battle Royale

In this world, you are a Super Smash Bros character - yes, from the original SSB. Choose your character and explore the Smash Universe from a different pair of eyes. Each person starts off on level 1, but with experience can level up. You can get exp by battling, winning events, or perhaps triggering an achievement as you continue exploring the world. Once you get to level 9, you will reach rank 2 (in-game speaking, but if this is popular I may be able to negotiate a forum rank), and then start back at level 1 and continue to level up until you get to level 9, where you will reach rank 3 and so on. Gaining ranks comes with great perks, so you want to try and rank up as much as possible. Oh, and you can only challenge to battle people of your own rank or higher. Anyone below your rank will have to man up and call you out if you want to fight them (and if the lower rank wins, they can get crazy amounts of exp, so battling higher ranks and levels can be helpful). If you battle someone below your rank, you will fight at level 9, but if you battle someone of the same rank or higher, you will be at the current level you are actually at. Keep that in mind.

Also, a note on the AUTO-ACCEPT option. This only applies if someone challenges you directly, and it only works on someone weaker than or the same level as you. Otherwise, you'll need to confirm it using the same method as explained above.

Step One: Choose your Character
[spoiler]Luigi [Blue, Pink, White]
Mario [Blue, Yellow, Brown]
Donkey Kong [Blue, Gray, Red]
Link [Blue, Red, White]
Samus [Green, Purple, Pink]
Captain Falcon [White, Pink, Gray]
Ness [Blue, Green, Yellow]
Yoshi [Blue, Red, Yellow]
Kirby [Blue, Red, Yellow]
Fox [Green, Purple, Orange]
Pikachu [Blue, Green, Red]
Jigglypuff [Blue, Green, Red][/spoiler]

Step Two: Battle
Once you've decided which character suits you best, it's time to put your skills to the test. There are many different modes to try out in SSB: BR. Some of them are hands on, while others are not. You should check out each mode and participate in everything you can. Who knows, maybe there are some hidden awards for your activity?

[spoiler]Battle Royale [unlocked] - 2-4 players. You can challenge one or more players to a standard battle. Just call them all out in a post. They now have 48 hours to respond to you. The match will begin 48 hours after your post, and whoever agreed to the match within that time will participate. If one person has any special items, they can ask to use them in the same post that they agreed to the match. If no one has such an item, I will decide the rules by random. A video will be uploaded to NSFCD's channel where you can watch the fight take place. Winning a BR battle gets you experience for leveling up and coins (the SSB:BR currency).

Special Events [unlocked] - This is very hands on. Once in a while you may notice a new event posted. It could be a trivia question or some sort of challenge. Read the rules for the challenge and PM me with what I'm asking for. Usually, the first person to PM me with the right thing will be awarded. There are Easy, Medium, Hard, and Extreme challenges. The harder it is, the better the reward.

Tournament Mode [Locked - 10 coins] - Buy this mode for 10 coins.

Team-Up Tournament Mode [Unlocked] - Tournaments are a great way to earn coins, money and honor. And in this specific version of the classic tournament mode, you won't be dueling for that honor alone! Rather, choose a partner (or have it set up at random) and fight together through the rankings and eventually to the top of the leader board. Think you can find the perfect tag team and work together to take home the gold? Just sign-up for a tournament whenever you see one going on (check the Announcements Page for details) by posting in the thread or PMing me. Details will be explained under the tournament info.

Story Mode [Unlocked] - Participate in a climb up through the rankings of the SSB characters to reach the top and defeat KJ - the SSBBR equivalent of the Master Hand. Gain major coins and experience for each stage that you win. Ten stages in all, including two "minigames" thrown in. Can you clear the mode? There are five levels: Easy, Medium, Hard, Very Hard, and Extreme. Just post that you want to participate in Story Mode to enter it and the difficulty you want. More explanations will be given then, or you can ask for more clarification before attempting to try your hand in the hardest mode to date.[/spoiler]

Step Three: ???
There are many hidden secrets within this game. Being the one to unlock them could help you out a lot. But then again, not all secrets are helpful.

Achievements can only be explained in one way. And that's explaining the achievements themselves. So, here you are:
[spoiler=Achievements Unlocked]Bolts and Screws - An achievement given to the first person to challenge a KJ Bot and lose. Only given out once and the prize is 5 coins.[/spoiler]

But there must be more to these achievements than just that... Perhaps the more you gather, or maybe even the specific ones you gather, will lead you to a goal that is, as of right now, just a silhouette in the mist? Only time will tell...

Step Four: Profit
Coins are an important part to this game. These coins can be won through various different ways. They can be used to buy different items or unlock different things. Remember, if something is locked, unlocking it won't give it to you. Unlocking it gives you the description and its true cost. You will then need to buy it in order to receive it. Also, you can trade or make bets on matches as often as you'd like. You can make these transactions in the thread or via PM (but if you do it via PM make sure to inform me so I can edit the player info). And the bets must be wagered before the video link is posted and can not be done via PM.

The Shop
[spoiler]Bob-omb (1 coin) - Start over with new character.
Maxim Tomato (5 coins) - One use only. Start with an extra stock or point in a stock or timed battle.
Motion Sensor Bomb (15 coins) - Choose stage in any mode once only.
Fan (20 coins) - Choose one setting in BR once only.
Fire Flower (25 coins) - Free level up once.
Green Shell (30 coins) - One use only. Pick a new character with same stats as previous.
Heart [Locked - 10 coins]
Star [Locked - 10 coins]
Beam Sword [Locked - 10 coins]
Ray Gun [Locked - 10 coins]
Homerun Bat [Locked - 20 coins]
Star Rod [Locked - 20 coins]
Hammer - [Locked - 20 coins]
Bumper [Locked - 20 coins]
Pokéball [Locked - 20 coins][/spoiler]

So, this is kind of like my replacement for the TCG. This is so much easier to update and keep track of. And it is the perfect mix of a game where you don't really need to pay much attention to a hands-on experience (especially if you unlock Story Mode). It will also spark some use of the YouTube channel, hopefully. So join.
I get obsessively manic over things. It's a problem.

Dog Food

Player List
[spoiler=AcerChris]Green Fox
Level: 1
Exp to next lvl: 20
Coins: 0
Items: None[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Jason]Red Pikachu
Exp to next lvl: 5
Coins: 6
Items: None
AUTO-ACCEPT[/spoiler]
[spoiler=So_So]White Captain Falcon
Level: 2
Exp to next lvl: 8
Coins: 41
AUTO-ACCEPT[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Light]Blue Ness
Exp to next lvl: 14
Coins: 3
[spoiler=SkyMyl]Blue Kirby
Exp to next lvl: 9
Coins: 13
AUTO-ACCEPT[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Cornwad]Jigglypuff
Exp to next lvl: 16
Coins: 2
[spoiler=JrDude]Red Yoshi
Level: 3
Exp to next lvl: 40
Coins: 93
AUTO-ACCEPT[/spoiler]
[spoiler=THEBIRD]Fox
Exp to next lvl: 10
Coins: 6
AUTO-ACCEPT[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Dr.Hobo2]Blue Luigi
Exp to next lvl: 12
Coins: 7
[spoiler=Rob]Pikachu
Level: 3
Exp to next lvl: 30
Coins: 15
Achievements: Bolts and Screws
AUTO-ACCEPT[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Magnum]Link
Exp to next lvl: 9
Coins: 4
[spoiler=Shujinco]Green Samus
Exp to next lvl: 4
Coins: 9
[spoiler=Spud]Kirby
Exp to next lvl: 28
Coins: 19

Dog Food

Announcement Page

[spoiler=BATTLES PENDING]
JrDude vs. Rob
Rob vs. Story Mode Easy
Birdie vs. Story Mode Easy
JrDude vs. Story Mode Easy
Rob vs. Story Mode Easy[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Story Mode High Score List]EASY MODE

1. Rob
Stages Cleared: 3/10
Score: 3200 points

2. So_So
Stages Cleared: 2/10
Score: 2000 points

3. JrDude
Difficulty: Easy
Stages Cleared: 1/10
Score: 2000 points

MEDIUM MODE

1. SkyMyl
Stages Cleared: 1/10
Score: 1000 points[/spoiler]

Special Event Info
This special event will go on from now until Saturday. Each day there will be a new picture you must find and PM TO ME. Either screenshot it off of your own game, look for it on the internet, anyway you get it works. There will be no overall winner. The first person to get the picture wins a small prize. If you win a second time in a row, your prize doubles. Triples if you get three in a row. And so on. So you will want to try and win as many rounds as you can because you want to reap all the benefits of the rewards.

So here's the deal. Each day there will be a new picture to find. 11:59:59 EST is the cut-off date to PMing the picture. You can PM as many as you want/think is necessary until then.

Monday
Difficulty: MEDIUM
PM me a picture of all four Mario bros. together in one screenshot from SSB64.
So_So wins this challenge! He gains +4 coins and +8 exp!

The next challenge will be posted tomorrow.

Team-Up Tournament
To celebrate this mode being unlocked, I will be hosting a tournament. A few details I can dish out now are the general rules: No items, random stage set, two-minute battles with friendly fire off.
If you'd like to join this tournament (start date pending), just post or PM me with your partner's name.

Participants
None.

Chris8492

jnfs2014

So_So_Man

I guess I'll be white captain falcon

Light

Holy crap all my sigs were always poop. Best leave this space alone.

SkyMyl

Cornwad

I'll take your standard Jigglypuff.

JrDude

Just curious, why SSB64? why not Melee or Brawl?

And aren't there more colors? I mean, there are red, blue, and green team, I thought there'd be one for each of those at least.

Also, Yoshi is my main in SSBB, but I'm not so sure he's as pro in SSB64... I haven't tried Yoshi on that game very much because I didn't like him.
Ah hell, I'll take blue Yoshi, unless RED Yoshi is available and you didn't know/remember or something.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Dog Food

Quote from: JrDude ♥ on April 02, 2010, 10:45:41 PM
Just curious, why SSB64? why not Melee or Brawl?

And aren't there more colors? I mean, there are red, blue, and green team, I thought there'd be one for each of those at least.

Also, Yoshi is my main in SSBB, but I'm not so sure he's as pro in SSB64... I haven't tried Yoshi on that game very much because I didn't like him.
Ah hell, I'll take blue Yoshi, unless RED Yoshi is available and you didn't know/remember or something.
There are only three colors in SSB, not including the original. And some of them might be red, I just misinterpreted them as pink. I think Yoshi is actually red, not pink, could be my screen making it look that way. And I chose 64 because it's a lot easier to videotape. In Melee I lost my data so I don't have all the characters, and you guys can go play Brawl online if you want. This game is to enjoy the original.

THEBIRD

Dog Food

Alright, so we have enough players to officially start this. I'll give a brief explanation of how this works:
1. Call out a person to battle in this thread.
2. That person called out gets 48 hours to accept or decline (if no response it is an automatic decline, but the person who called out gets a consolation prize).
3. If accepted, the battle will commence and I'll upload the video to be watched if you wish to see it.
4. Winner profits. Loser doesn't.

If you want to do some practicing (or you just don't have any luck battling other players), you can battle me. I'll play as any character I want that has not been chosen, and whether you win or lose you will still profit (just probably not as much as if you had played against one of the other players). Oh and you can choose the level of my character (and the character I play as if you'd like - as long as it isn't one that is already chosen), as long as the level is equal to or greater than yours.

You can battle me to get some information on what levels your character can take on and what characters it is bad or good against to get an idea of who you should battle. You should take advantage of this, especially early on.

...That is all, for now. So, battle and stuff. If you have questions, post them.

Light

Holy crap all my sigs were always poop. Best leave this space alone.

jnfs2014