<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

best and worst anime

Started by Viewtifulboy, October 26, 2007, 09:04:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mystic

Quote from: Jono2 on December 09, 2007, 03:03:19 PM
Quote from: Viewtifulboy on December 09, 2007, 02:56:50 PM
There's no such thing as English anime.  Anime is Japanese animation.

EVERYONE! LOOK!

COME QUICKLY!

NOISHE SAID SOMETHING INTELLIGENT!
Holy Shit D:

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on December 12, 2007, 04:03:36 PM
Probably the great anime.  But frankly, FLCL isn't very................ good
That didn't last long....

THEEVILSPERKY

Best: FLCL

Worst: Not sure; I dislike Naruto, One Piece, Eureka 7, Bobo w/e, Yu-Gi-Oh! GX, Bleach, some others probably, and I'm never going to watch VJ.  I hear so much about it.. it sounds terrible.
NES, SNES, N64, GCN (Jet Black), PQ (JPN), Wii, GBP (Clear), GBC (Green x2), GBASP (x2 Cobalt, x1 NES), DSLite (Black), SG3, SDC (x1 BIG, x1 Clear black top, solid grey/beige bottom), PS (x2), PS2 (Slim, Silver), PS3 (NTSC 60GB upgraded to 500GB), PSP 2000 (Silver, 4GB), XBox360 Elite

Viewtifulboy

*facepalm*  Don't judge it by others.

THEEVILSPERKY

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on December 14, 2007, 06:29:13 AM

Real mature.

You actually deter me away from it the most with your unhealthy obsession..

It doesn't interest me in the least, and if I'm somehow missing out, oh well, I'm satisfied with what I'm already watching.
NES, SNES, N64, GCN (Jet Black), PQ (JPN), Wii, GBP (Clear), GBC (Green x2), GBASP (x2 Cobalt, x1 NES), DSLite (Black), SG3, SDC (x1 BIG, x1 Clear black top, solid grey/beige bottom), PS (x2), PS2 (Slim, Silver), PS3 (NTSC 60GB upgraded to 500GB), PSP 2000 (Silver, 4GB), XBox360 Elite

Mystic

So, we shouldn't listen when people say it's bad, but we SHOULD listen when you say it's good?

Nils_13

Right now (for me anyway): I'm tied at Naruto and Death Note
Worst Anime I've ever watched in my life: BoBoBo whatever the rest is.

Kaz

Okay then, thanks for giving us a reason not to listen to you. After all, we shouldn't judge it by what you say, since you're an "other."

:)
Quote<+Mithos> My mom grounded me for being gay.

Apollo

best=dragonball, z, and gt
worst=bobobobo or what ever its called

Beatnik

Naruto is by far my least favorite I've ever seen. I used to like the manga in middle school, back when Shonen Jump was pretty much the only source unless you were a really hardcore fan. But the anime? Shit, the English dub? It was godawful. I saw it on TV, and I immediately lost respect for everyone I knew who watched it. Sqeualy pre-pubescent voices (yeah, they're kids, but they don't have to sound like crying babies) and they just annoyed me.

Even Sasuke annoyed me in the anime, and when I read the manga I thought he was the coolest mofo on the planet. I guess that's pretty much the point of Sasuke and the point of every obligatory anime badass: Impressing small children. All of the voilence that I thought was cool in the manga was nowhere to be seen. It was a blood free slapfest that reminded me of children fighting. I mean, that's what it was, but it didn't have to remind me so much of it.

My main problem with it was that I wanted to see awesome ninjas kicking asses and taking names, and instead I got young children knocking eachother around for half an hour.

OK, and now for the favorites.

Ghost In The Shell S.A.C. is probably my favorite serious anime. I like the characters, I like the technology, I like the plot, and I think everything about it is done very well. My one problem with it is that some of the animation for the dialogue scenes is done very cheaply. I understand that that's how anime works and 2 frame speaking animations are unavoidable, but I wish they'd at least throw a few head movements in there to keep me awake.

My second favorite semi-serious anime is Samurai Champloo. Meiji era Japan + modern culture = success. When my friend explained it to me I thought "that sounds dumb," but I gave it a try and I loved it. I really, really loved it.

My favorite comedy one is Azumanga Daioh, no contest. I thought I'd hate it when I first started watching it, but I got into it. It's one of tne of the few shows that actually makes me laugh.
"I like cigarettes, Mrs. Taggart. I like to think of fire held in a man's hand. Fire, a dangerous force, tamed at his fingertips. I often wonder about the hours when a man sits alone, watching the smoke of a cigarette, thinking. I wonder what great things have come from such hours. When a man thinks, there is a spot of fire alive in his mind-and it is proper that he should have the burning point of a cigarette as his one expression..."