News:

<+Ice> i have a dildo factory line run by old women in my garage

Main Menu

Book Week is Over.

Started by The Riddler, March 13, 2010, 11:43:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thirdkoopa

Quote from: Piggy on March 18, 2010, 05:17:54 PM
You actually can choose the ending to The Giver, since they basically leave it up to you to interpret.

I'm actually talking about the book overall. Some parts of that book were great but I could honestly not grasp it into the life of me.
I always prefer darker endings, though. I like happy endings more, but I prefer the darker and more realistic endings. Like the original Cat on the Hot Tin Roof versus the movie or second version of act III. I liked the latter better, but I preferred the original. The last lines were my personal favorite part of the book. Although I liked a lot of the lines that they gave Big Daddy in the movie, wish they included them in the book.

When it comes to book endings I'm usually somewhat satisfied with what doesn't throw the theme away. But I do like realistic endings. Fantasy endings also work well but it really depends on the book.

other stuff
You guys are actually giving me a lot of books I'm getting interested in.
[21:11] <mackormoses> let's take a look at today's stats
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> stats today are high
[21:11] <mackormoses> holy intercourse ing poop
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> you adding all these standards
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> is really pushing us [/quote]
Quote from: JrDude φ on May 31, 2010, 08:32:13 PM
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

The Riddler

BOOK WEEK IS CLOSED.

How did you feel about it?

Personally, I feel like it didn't go nearly as well as it should have, but I feel I know why.

BOREDFOREVER

Quote from: Riddler_Rob on March 21, 2010, 10:04:24 PM
BOOK WEEK IS CLOSED.

Personally, I feel like it didn't go nearly as well as it should have, but I feel I know why.

It was very generalized and a watered down version of the original idea.  Oh well.  Next theme week: Shades of less-than-white.  Dibbs on Mother of Pearl!

Thirdkoopa

We should just keep this thread open for general book discussion anyways. This actually got me interested in a few titles myself. It's not like many people post here or hell even discuss books here.
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

BOREDFOREVER

Quote from: Third K on March 22, 2010, 06:20:43 PM
We should just keep this thread open for general book discussion anyways. This actually got me interested in a few titles myself. It's not like many people post here or hell even discuss books here.

I try to discuss books. but . . . well . . .  I really like books.   I absolutely hated William Faulkner's "The Sound and the Fury," and I've read it three times.  I read it to gain a deeper understanding of the writing outside of the novelty of the prose style in a search for something redeemable about the book itself.  Book require something of you much in the way video games do.  The require an attention and a dedication to reveal their true worth.

Thirdkoopa

Quote from: BOREDFANBOY on March 22, 2010, 06:45:02 PM
I try to discuss books. but . . . well . . .  I really like books.   I absolutely hated William Faulkner's "The Sound and the Fury," and I've read it three times.  I read it to gain a deeper understanding of the writing outside of the novelty of the prose style in a search for something redeemable about the book itself.  Book require something of you much in the way video games do.  The require an attention and a dedication to reveal their true worth.
Generally I suppose I agree with you; Which is why I think that due to the lack of reading unlike gaming we should just go with this thread here with other topics at times.

Mystic

Quote from: Riddler_Rob on March 21, 2010, 10:04:24 PM
BOOK WEEK IS CLOSED.

Should have been Shakespeare.

Night the Lucario

Quote from: Guy Montag on March 22, 2010, 09:06:03 PM
Should have been Shakespeare.

Alas, poor Yorick, I knew him well...
When one lives by the pen, one dies by the angry characters you misused. But it's too much fun not to!
Forsooth, I AM insane! FEAR ME, YE MORTALS, OR DESPAIR AT MY INSANITY! *insane cackling*
Ahem. Anyone have an RP? I need an outlet for my randomness. ;D
Think another thought, dream another dream, live another lie.
I'm writing poetry. Anyone have a request?
I'm Night the Lucario. Although that should be obvious. Just look at the sig. Or title and PT.