<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

Death Metal Anyone?

Started by tibar21, August 22, 2008, 09:44:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RevolutionSoldier

Quote from: Zero on January 03, 2009, 08:08:26 PM
Quote from: RevolutionSoldier on January 03, 2009, 05:09:47 PM
I'm not really into any type of mental. I more into ska. Bands like Streetlight Manifesto, Real Big Fish, MustardPlug, and the AquaBats. It kinda of shame that ska isn't mainstream yet.

Ska's been in and out of the mainstream several times.

I did not know that. I only been into ska for a little less than a year. I assumed it not mainstream because when ever I bring it up the only people who herd of it were in my circle of friends who introduced it to me in the first place.
Quote from:  Emma GoldmanResistance to tyranny is mans highest ideal.

Quote from:  Huey NewtonThe Revolution has always been fought in the hands of the young. The young always inherit the revolution.

Zero

Quote from: RevolutionSoldier on January 03, 2009, 10:37:36 PM
Quote from: Zero on January 03, 2009, 08:08:26 PM
Quote from: RevolutionSoldier on January 03, 2009, 05:09:47 PM
I'm not really into any type of mental. I more into ska. Bands like Streetlight Manifesto, Real Big Fish, MustardPlug, and the AquaBats. It kinda of shame that ska isn't mainstream yet.

Ska's been in and out of the mainstream several times.

I did not know that. I only been into ska for a little less than a year. I assumed it not mainstream because when ever I bring it up the only people who herd of it were in my circle of friends who introduced it to me in the first place.

The more you know

tibar21

There's always a little ska in bands like NOFX and Goldfinger. I don't really like anymore of it though.
Super Smash Bros Brawl FC: 2622-1690-4267
Pokemon Soul Silver FC: 4855-9306-7114
Mario Kart Wii FC: 4898-5017-8746

Beatnik

I thought of a mataphor for this death metal thing.

Death metal is like really spicy food. You either like it or you don't, and if you don't like it you can't understand how anybody could enjoy it. If you don't like spicy food, it's very easy to just say "spicy food is bad," because you don't understand the appeal. Unless you like it, it just won't make sense to you, and that's all there is to it.
"I like cigarettes, Mrs. Taggart. I like to think of fire held in a man's hand. Fire, a dangerous force, tamed at his fingertips. I often wonder about the hours when a man sits alone, watching the smoke of a cigarette, thinking. I wonder what great things have come from such hours. When a man thinks, there is a spot of fire alive in his mind-and it is proper that he should have the burning point of a cigarette as his one expression..."

tibar21

Quote from: Beatnik on January 09, 2009, 10:50:02 AM
I thought of a mataphor for this death metal thing.

Death metal is like really spicy food. You either like it or you don't, and if you don't like it you can't understand how anybody could enjoy it. If you don't like spicy food, it's very easy to just say "spicy food is bad," because you don't understand the appeal. Unless you like it, it just won't make sense to you, and that's all there is to it.

true but you could say that about a lot of other genres too. I love spicy food.
Super Smash Bros Brawl FC: 2622-1690-4267
Pokemon Soul Silver FC: 4855-9306-7114
Mario Kart Wii FC: 4898-5017-8746

Beatnik

It does apply to a lot of genres, but death metal especially.
"I like cigarettes, Mrs. Taggart. I like to think of fire held in a man's hand. Fire, a dangerous force, tamed at his fingertips. I often wonder about the hours when a man sits alone, watching the smoke of a cigarette, thinking. I wonder what great things have come from such hours. When a man thinks, there is a spot of fire alive in his mind-and it is proper that he should have the burning point of a cigarette as his one expression..."

yes.derek

I love Grindcore, Hardcore, those type of things.
ex. Bring Me The Horizon, Norma Jean, iwrestledabearonce
I don't know if I would classify any of those as Death Metal though.
HEY LOOK HEY

Beatnik

No, not really death metal. Death metal influenced, maybe.

Java

This thread is still alive?  :-X

Beatnik

So it seems. The main argument seems to have died though.

Zovistograt

Quote from: darkmariov2 on January 22, 2009, 03:47:37 PM
I love Grindcore, Hardcore, those type of things.
ex. Bring Me The Horizon, Norma Jean, iwrestledabearonce
I don't know if I would classify any of those as Death Metal though.
oh, Grindcore is good.  It reminds me sometimes of industrial breakcore.
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

Beatnik

A lot of it is crap though.

Zero

Quote from: Beatnik on January 28, 2009, 03:35:16 PM
A lot of it is crap though.

Agreed

In addition, most bands that label themselves as "grindcore" aren't really grindcore. It's amazing how young musicians don't even know what music they're playing and creating.