News:

<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

Death Metal Anyone?

Started by tibar21, August 22, 2008, 09:44:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tibar21

Have you ever listened to death metal?
I was curious to see how s**ty it was, so I listened to it on the iTunes store and it was the worse thing i've ever heard in my life.  It really creeped me out. anyone else have opinions on death metal?
Super Smash Bros Brawl FC: 2622-1690-4267
Pokemon Soul Silver FC: 4855-9306-7114
Mario Kart Wii FC: 4898-5017-8746

thunderhero4

2 worst forms of music: Rap and Death Metal.

Death metal is what emos generally enjoy, and it has to do with hell and all that. Its not even music, its just screaming with abused instruments in the background.

Rap is what gangsters generally enjoy. It talks about death and killing, as well as gang banging and slutty women. It uses the words "intercourse " and "n_gger" alot, and I disapprove. Its also not even music, just fancy talking with a beat to it.

Zovistograt

Ehh...I usually like crazy music, but Death Metal isn't very appealing to me.  I view it as a mosh pit being jammed in my ear.

That said, I listen to electronic music that's so hard that it's sometimes the antithesis of discernable music...but that stuff is actually good :B
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

Kaz

Quote from: thunderhero4 on August 23, 2008, 12:19:55 AM
Death metal is what emos generally enjoy, and it has to do with hell and all that.

Seems like someone doesn't know the difference between screamo/emo and death metal. Death metal is for people who think they're complete badasses, not for people who cry for hours over their lost girlfriends and dye their hair jet black.
Quote<+Mithos> My mom grounded me for being gay.

tibar21

Quote from: Kaz on August 23, 2008, 12:30:17 PM
Death metal is what emos generally enjoy, and it has to do with hell and all that.

Seems like someone doesn't know the difference between screamo/emo and death metal. Death metal is for people who think they're complete badasses, not for people who cry for hours over their lost girlfriends and dye their hair jet black.
people who die their hair jet black are punk. or at least thats how it used to be until the emos came and ruined everything. :(
Super Smash Bros Brawl FC: 2622-1690-4267
Pokemon Soul Silver FC: 4855-9306-7114
Mario Kart Wii FC: 4898-5017-8746

Kaz

Quote from: tibar21 on August 23, 2008, 03:51:39 PM

people who die their hair jet black are punk. or at least thats how it used to be until the emos came and ruined everything. :(

People can still be punk with dyed black hair. It just can't be straight and pushed to one eye.

Besides, more vibrant hair colors suit punk kids better anyway. But I still think punk kids look stupid too.

Custom

I like Dethklok, do they count? I don't really think they do.. Yeah, I really don't like Death Metal. A few Death Metal songs are cool. Just not a lot of it.

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Kaz

Quote from: Customrobo13 on August 25, 2008, 04:25:44 PM
I like Dethklok, do they count? I don't really think they do.. Yeah, I really don't like Death Metal. A few Death Metal songs are cool. Just not a lot of it.

They sort of count if you ask me.

But I hate them anyway so I don't care.

ninja

It sounds like nobody here actually understands what death metal is.

What are the so-called "Death Metal" bands that you listened to?

Why not try some Opeth?  Bloodbath maybe?  How about some Arsis?

You people really don't understand Death Metal at all.  How about reading some of the poetry written by these bands before you go off bashing a genre you know nothing about?  Yes, I understand that what I'm doing is flaming, but people also need to understand not to judge what they are ignorant of.

Burden by Opeth (Melodic Death Metal)
Listen to the song here:  http://www.myspace.com/sirerichenbach
There are no death metal growls in this particular song.

I, once upon a time
Carried a burden inside
I sung a last goodbye
A broken rhyme I had underlined
There's an ocean of sorrow in you

A sorrow in me

I saw movement in their eyes
Thay said I no longer knew the way
I had given up the ghost
A passive mind submit to fear
And the wait for redemption at hand

Waiting to fail

Failing again

If death should take me now
Count my mistakes and let me through
Whisper in my ear
You've taken more than we've received
And the ocean of sorrow is you

Change your opinion of Death Metal yet or do you need more?

This will probably reinforce your opinion of Death Metal, but oh well.

Sightless Wisdom by Arsis
Couldn't find the song online, sorry.
WARNING:  Black Metal Screams, Death Metal Growls, Anti-religious lyrics (Even though you have quite the vocabulary to understand it, so bravo.)

The congregation mourn the pale and listless,
Sullen eyes were blind to you
Then let blindness be their only truth,
Sightless wisdom in the shade of longing

For failure comes in many disguises, vicious flaws entombed by prose
Then let this grave hold their only secret,

Upon these grounds dwells an aura of mourn where every womb-bound soul shall awaken stillborn

The congregation celebrate their shame,
Sullen eyes blinded by guilt
Then let this guilt be their only virtue,
United by their flaws

Upon these grounds dwells an aura of mourn where every womb-bound soul shall awaken stillborn

Let blindness be their only truth
Let guilt be their only virtue
Let this grave hold their only secret

Upon these grounds dwells an aura of mourn where every womb-bound soul shall awake stillborn.

The majority of James Malone's lyrics (writer/vocalist/lead guitarist for Arsis) are about a bad relationship though.  I picked an odd one for him, haha.

Quote from: Customrobo13 on August 25, 2008, 04:25:44 PM

Dethklok is generic metalcore guitar rifts with semi-death vocals.

Seems like someone understands the difference between screamo/emo and death metal, but not death metal and hardcore.  Hardcore is for people who think they're complete badasses, Death Metal is for... interesting people...  I listen to a bit of death metal myself.

Congratulations, you've made it through another one of my rants.

Kaz

Quote from: ninja on September 01, 2008, 12:30:44 AM

Seems like someone understands the difference between screamo/emo and death metal, but not death metal and hardcore.  Hardcore is for people who think they're complete badasses, Death Metal is for... interesting people...  I listen to a bit of death metal myself.

Apparently you haven't met any of my death metal-listening friends.

But okay.

Zovistograt

Interesting people...I guess, but not the kind of interesting people I usually hang out with.  In my school, those "interesting people" are the chain-smokers and people in the lowest academic tiers.

I consider music for "interesting people" experimental rock, IDM, and breakcore.  But then again, I have a very strong bias against non-electronic music, and American music for that matter (although I know that a good amount of metal is foreign).
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

Kaz

Quote from: Zovistograt on September 01, 2008, 09:29:14 AM

Interesting people...I guess, but not the kind of interesting people I usually hang out with.  In my school, those "interesting people" are the chain-smokers and people in the lowest academic tiers.

I consider music for "interesting people" experimental rock, IDM, and breakcore.  But then again, I have a very strong bias against non-electronic music, and American music for that matter (although I know that a good amount of metal is foreign).

A good amount of everything is foreign. Europe, particularly England, is the rock capital of the world.

Zovistograt

Quote from: Kaz on September 01, 2008, 09:45:10 AM

A good amount of everything is foreign. Europe, particularly England, is the rock capital of the world.
Except for American mainstream music. :B

ninja

Quote from: Kaz on September 01, 2008, 09:45:10 AM

lol, the majority of Death Metal and Black Metal is from northern europe.  Numetal and Metalcore are the American ones, which fail miserably.

Quote from: Kaz on September 01, 2008, 01:48:23 AM

Apparently you haven't met any of my death metal-listening friends.

But okay.

Apparently, your friends don't make the stereotype, the majority of the community do.

lol, the "interesting people" thing was sort of poking fun at myself and others who listen to death metal... because most of us don't quite seem right in the head... (not talking intelligence-wise though... the ones who failed out were the slipcock fans [numetal])

BTW- did you guys listen to Burden/read the lyrics for the songs?

HTA!

What do you call this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnDEFyV88Qs
Because I like the occasional ATR now and again.