News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

How to train.

Started by darkmario, August 17, 2008, 08:26:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darkmario

How would you train in brawl?
I'm realy good in brawl but theres always room for improvment.
So how would you train?

Dawei

Step 1: Use snake or MK
Step 2: Keep using them

Congrats, you can now play brawl at a high level and succeed.

tibar21

it doesn't matter how much you train if all you do is face computers. for me to train, i just face people that are at least as good as me as much as possible. so playing is pretty much training.
Super Smash Bros Brawl FC: 2622-1690-4267
Pokemon Soul Silver FC: 4855-9306-7114
Mario Kart Wii FC: 4898-5017-8746

QingXin

Quote from: Cogs on August 17, 2008, 08:30:03 PM
Step 1: Use snake or MK
Step 2: Keep using them

Congrats, you can now play brawl at a high level and succeed.
Dave = Win. Win = Good.

This is a good answer. Best one yet. Woot :| :| :|

ThePowerOfOne

I just usually do a few 3 stock matches with a level 9 CPU each day so I don't end up sucking even more :P

Whenever I can I fight some friends too. Since the CPU's suck and use the same crap over and over D:

HTA!

Never listen to Dave.
Pick Ganondorf.

Timmy0591

Vsing computers doesn't make you any better. Considering they don't play anything like the metagame is. I'd say to just have lagless matches with someone. A hard skill to pick up is reading habits. THats what Brawl is all about. You need to find out what your Opponent can and can't do well with his character and capitalize on it. The other thing I would suggest is perfecting your characters advanced techniques and frequently checking if there are any new ones.
My Brawl friend code is 1032-1000-8306.

tibar21

also, try to discover new series and combinations of attacks. for instance with falco i found that grabbing and throwing the opponent foward and following it up with falco phantasm and a smash attack or two works very well. this  can obviously be done in training.
Super Smash Bros Brawl FC: 2622-1690-4267
Pokemon Soul Silver FC: 4855-9306-7114
Mario Kart Wii FC: 4898-5017-8746

Cornwad

Quote from: tibar21 on August 18, 2008, 09:10:43 PM
also, try to discover new series and combinations of attacks. for instance with falco i found that grabbing and throwing the opponent foward and following it up with falco phantasm and a smash attack or two works very well. this  can obviously be done in training.

Why do either when you can just chaingrab? :P

I say you should watch videos of really good people on YouTube :D

Zies

...Don't listen to anyone except for maybe HTA and Timmy...

...The main thing you should do is play with some low levels to try to get all your attacks to hit rather than randomly smashing buttons...
...Also, keep your eyes on your opponent, you already know what your character is going to do, but you have to anticipate his/her moves...
...And rather than facing level 9s to pass the time, face level 8s, they're more humane...
...:>...

Quote from: Gaitorbait208...I was about to have to Veritas Est Fortis your mom...

Dawei

Quote from: Cornwad on August 19, 2008, 04:10:54 AM

in b4 wuts a chaingrab
Also, no one explain it to him. Ban/post deletion for doing so. I have more fun this way.

Kilroy

Play against "That Guy"'s

You know, the people that play the game alone all day and all night and have no friends but when they go over to someone who they think is a friend's house they kick everyone's asses and it isn't fun.

Yeah, that's training.
1984 WAS SUPPOSED TO BE AN INSTRUCTION NOT MANUAL
"yes you are anusface, but i am better than!!" - taw, steam forums
 FOR NSF MASCOT

Matt

Quote from: Cogs on August 19, 2008, 02:43:08 PM
Quote from: Cornwad on August 19, 2008, 04:10:54 AM

in b4 wuts a chaingrab
Also, no one explain it to him. Ban/post deletion for doing so. I have more fun this way.

Well to do a chaingrab you... I would explain, but too lazy. Just play Cornward, he over uses it.

tollhouse2006

I guess just playing alot until you can murder cruel brawl alloys.
Friend Code: 2622-1690-4267  Finally have wifi

Zen127

Jesus Dawei, why mod such a nooby forum?  :D