News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

have any of you ever passed a kidney stone

Started by Custom, April 11, 2017, 01:14:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Custom

i woke up today and had an extreme pain in my side. i went to the er and thought I was going to die until they determined it was this. it hurt more than anything else in the world and i had to stay in the hospital for 7 hours. it intercourse ing SUCKED
have any of you had to do this

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

PsychoYoshi

Never been there myself, but have dealt with patients with them.

Sudden flank pain's pretty much always a bad sign.

If it was a calcium oxalate-based stone (more than likely), drink more water and natural citrus juices (lemon/lime/OJ that have not been fortified with calcium), less soda and other poop with processed sugar and salt. If it was a struvite (bacterially-caused) stone and you're uncut, you may need to work on your hygiene.

Zero

that is awful man.

hope you never have to deal with that again

Custom

Quote from: IhsoyOhcysp on April 11, 2017, 11:56:17 AM
Never been there myself, but have dealt with patients with them.

Sudden flank pain's pretty much always a bad sign.

If it was a calcium oxalate-based stone (more than likely), drink more water and natural citrus juices (lemon/lime/OJ that have not been fortified with calcium), less soda and other poop with processed sugar and salt. If it was a struvite (bacterially-caused) stone and you're uncut, you may need to work on your hygiene.

i'm going to try to drink more water. usually like drink a lot, but i have been exercising a lot more lately and i think i was sweating out too much causing an imbalance. i've cut soda from my diet, but i do eat a lot of salt. i find it hard to eat the correct amount of salt, lol. my health tracker always is saying i'm eating way too much.

Quote from: Zero on April 12, 2017, 09:38:00 AM
that is awful man.

hope you never have to deal with that again

same! they say it's likely to happen again, but i looked it up and it says it would likely be 5-10 years before it happens again. that isn't too bad, that's a long time. if it was like yearly i'd be bummed the intercourse  out. there's no way you could go to work or do anything with that kind of pain, it SUCKED

PsychoYoshi

Forgot to mention: it's an excuse to drink booze (moderate amounts, like one drink a day). Alcohol leeches calcium out of your system.

However, it's also dehydrating, so overconsumption or not drinking enough water along with it could make things worse instead of better.

Zero

Quote from: IhsoyOhcysp on April 18, 2017, 06:47:53 PM
Forgot to mention: it's an excuse to drink booze (moderate amounts, like one drink a day). Alcohol leeches calcium out of your system.

However, it's also dehydrating, so overconsumption or not drinking enough water along with it could make things worse instead of better.

well poop, I didn't know that. Thanks for sharing.

Custom

Quote from: IhsoyOhcysp on April 18, 2017, 06:47:53 PM

HRMMM, I DON'T DRINK AT ALL, IS THIS MY DOWNFALL????

Silverhawk79

I've heard that drinking coffee decreases your risk of kidney stones due to the acidity of the coffee, or something like that. May or may not be true, idklol.

Custom

Quote from: Silverhawk79 on April 28, 2017, 04:10:29 PM
I've heard that drinking coffee decreases your risk of kidney stones due to the acidity of the coffee, or something like that. May or may not be true, idklol.
i think on the sheet of paper the doctor gave me ti said drinking coffee increases the risk of kidney stones
i drink a lot more water now, don't know if it's helping or not

PsychoYoshi

Quote from: Custom on April 29, 2017, 10:53:10 AM
i think on the sheet of paper the doctor gave me ti said drinking coffee increases the risk of kidney stones
i drink a lot more water now, don't know if it's helping or not

It's like alcohol. Caffeine itself is associated with a lower incidence of kidney stones, but it's a diuretic, so you may become more easily dehydrated, and dehydration is associated with an increased risk.

Related research: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25411295