News:

UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

5th gen species discussion

Started by bluaki, September 16, 2010, 02:34:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neerb

Hmm, now that I think about it, I maaaay get the spider or zebra instead of the lamprey, maayybe.

Also, I really really hope Victini isn't uber, because I so freaking want him on my team.

Cornwad

That's awesome, you can catch special hihidaruma that change to fire/psychic at <50% HP.

Apparently the last bug/steel legendary  is an ancient bug that was turned into a laser shooting robot by team whatever they have instead of Rocket.

You can see the alt form of Pringles on Serebii's Elite Four page and DAMN is it ugly!

The Riddler

I'm disappointed that they're not related.

Anyway. The tadpole reminds me of this.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

I will have a Dotetsukotsu named Bender. No questions asked. He bends girders.

Gears evolutions are disappointing.
The Pokemon with costumes on... the two fighting types... ew.

Those three legendaries that aren't in order remind me of genies... and a Pure Flying type? Fuck yes.

Kyurem looks like this regions Palkia/Dialga.

Inb4 Meloetta rule34.

Alot of these designs are intercourse ing terrible...

Cornwad

Hihidaruma looks like it's going to be one of my favorites. It looks cool, it has great stats, and it has two forms. Nice.

Neerb

Great, Serebii has removed ALL Black & White pics due to Nintendo's random decision to freak out about a game that's already released.

Cornwad

Quote from: Nightcrawler360 on September 18, 2010, 04:51:24 PM
Great, Serebii has removed ALL Black & White pics due to Nintendo's random decision to freak out about a game that's already released.
Even the pre release stuff, which is readily accessible on the official sites. Good thing we still have Pokexperto and Smogon.

Titus Andronicus

psypokes.com has all the attacks the pokes learn, their base stats, typing, and shiny form
Tramps like us, baby we were born to die.

Cornwad

According to Serebii, the pure flying is in Black and the electric flying is in White. Makes sense. They're both roamers, and the weather becomes super rainy when they're nearby so you know to look for them. It reminds me of Latios and Latias.

HOLY SHIT! DITTO NOW AUTOMATICALLY TRANSFORMS WHEN IT COMES IN! That's pretty awesome.

Neerb

Good grief, there are some psychotic new abilities out there. If you get the grass starter from the dream world, for example, it has Perversity, which reverses all stat changes it gets! So like, Agility lowers your speed, but the enemy's Tail Whip will raise your defenses? Also, the musketeers have a hilariously awesome (though probably not that useful) ability called Heart of Justice which boosts their power if they're hit by a Dark attack. Heart of Justice indeed.

Also, I was kinda interested in that alien pokemon, but I wasn't too fond of his speed... until I saw that his dream world ability raises his power when the enemy strikes first. And the freaking crocodile's dream world ability MAXES HIS ATTACK IF HE'S HIT BY A CRITICAL HIT. I think Tauros and Primeape are getting that ability too. I'm definitely gonna have to use the dream world...

Cornwad

Anger Point? Primeape has had that for a while. Tropius gets an ability that allows him to have infinite berry use. I guess the trade off to dream world pokemon is that they have great abilities, but they probably aren't level 1 when you catch them so you can't ev train as early and you can't get egg moves.

Of course, then you have Seaking and Ditto's new abilities which are awesome. Also Ninetales and Politoed.

Neerb

Quote from: Cornwad on September 19, 2010, 11:52:16 AM
Anger Point? Primeape has had that for a while.

:| This is a thing I did not know. I guess I've never really used Primeape, now that I think about it...

Now, I'm kinda confused about the grass starter's ability, which reverses it's stat changes... cause, like... it can learn LEAF STORM. So, does this mean that it's SPECIAL ATTACK GETS A TWO-STAGE BOOST EVERY TIME IT USES LEAF STORM?! That seems more than a little broken... I think that maybe it only reverses the changes that other pokemon do to it, not it's own.

Cornwad

All I know is that unless I'm missing something, Ditto is now the single best lead/revenge killer in the game.

Neerb

Hey, I just thought of something: what happens when you send out Ditto against Zoroark? Does Ditto turn into Zoroark, or the pokemon he's impersonating?

Cornwad

Quote from: Neerb on September 19, 2010, 12:52:19 PM
Hey, I just thought of something: what happens when you send out Ditto against Zoroark? Does Ditto turn into Zoroark, or the pokemon he's impersonating?
I would guess that it would look like whatever pokemon is next in your party. Zoroark looks like the next pokemon in its own party, but it keeps its stats and identity as Zoroark, the sprite is just different because of its ability. Ditto transforms into a Zoroark with Illusion, so it would probably end up looking like a different pokemon while still having the same stats and moves as the Zoroark.

Neerb

So Ditto turns into the opponent's Zoroark... which then uses Illusion. Makes sense. It will totally screw the two players' minds, though.