0 (0%)
Wii & DS both
0 (0%)
Not getting it
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Neerb

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnvC7iFyG5M

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nayrman

I know Neerb, tis awesome.

Oh, and is it Tuesday yet? ;_;

Qsmash

Glorious Super Sonic. I just wish the theme wasn't so repetitive. Still awesome though.

JrDude

I just started playing the game, and it is awesome as intercourse .

I still want a Sonic game that has multiple playable characters though, like Sonic Adventure.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Cornwad

Is the gameplay really cheap, or is this one of those times when the reviewers confuse difficulty with poor mechanics? The Gametrailers review in particular said the camera and controls were still all broken.

Tupin

Quote from: Cornwad on November 12, 2010, 04:39:06 AM
Is the gameplay really cheap, or is this one of those times when the reviewers confuse difficulty with poor mechanics? The Gametrailers review in particular said the camera and controls were still all broken.
I think people are saying they reviewed an earlier version of the game that had worse controls.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

JrDude

There are some parts of the game where you'll be like "Seriously? I didn't make that jump? - REALLY?! I OVERDID THAT JUMP?! - DUDE LAND ON THE FUCKING PLATFORM!!! - Finally made it... OH SO I MISS THE NEXT ONE?!?!?! WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!!"

It's hard to control small jumps to land on small platforms, I usually don't jump enough, or over do the jump, or "OH I'm far away and not gonna make it, air dash thing, oops overshot, FUCK"

All of that happened today.
[move][/move]
Dude .

JrDude

Just beat the game.
It's really fun, but way too easily beaten. Final Boss, ultra easy, unless there's another boss I am currently unaware of.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Nayrman

Got the game, through 2 and a half worlds in about an hour and a half. Getting the red rings as I go if I see them.

It's really fun, and really well designed. My only gripe so far is that the game can feel a bit stiff sometimes. Guh, now I've got work and class.

Update:

Well, I've beaten the final boss, and gottenn 94/180 Red Rings.

So, it's fun and it controls well. But it's not perfect. The powers are all really interesting and provide a lot of fun and some good puzzles. The level design flows much better than any Sonic game on a console since the Adventure series (and in some cases, even better). The graphics are amazing for a wii game, the music is typically Jun Sunoe great. The VA's are really good, and the plot doesn't suck.

However, there are some problems. Some levels are really short, which makes the game really short. There are also some problems with the jumping, as it still feels stiff and really precise stuff can be a problem, especially when you're in a rush to do something before a power runs out. Finally, like all long fetch quests, some of the red rings are in really vagina cleaning device-y places.

Kayo

Red rings? What

Now that that's been spoiled for me you have to tell me what they are D:
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

JrDude

Basically the Star Coins of Sonic, except 5 per level (not including boss levels and the VERY last levels)
[move][/move]
Dude .

Nayrman

Quote from: Kianglo on November 16, 2010, 07:17:06 PM
Red rings? What

Now that that's been spoiled for me you have to tell me what they are D:

They're basically little tokens you get, 5 per level aside from bosses. They're hidden about the stages, and a lot of the early ones are held off by not having the right wisps unlocked. They unlock new stuff in the multiplayer/challenge stages. And I getting them all unlocks a very special surprise (I won't spoil them for you).

Some of them are hidden in VERY dickish places. ~_~

Tupin

Quote from: Nayrman on November 16, 2010, 08:25:47 PM
They're basically little tokens you get, 5 per level aside from bosses. They're hidden about the stages, and a lot of the early ones are held off by not having the right wisps unlocked. They unlock new stuff in the multiplayer/challenge stages. And I getting them all unlocks a very special surprise (I won't spoil them for you).

Some of them are hidden in VERY dickish places. ~_~
"Hey, you missed the silver medal!"

I've heard complaints of poor level design, is it true? Hey, at least most of the reviews are positive.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Nayrman

Quote from: Tupin on November 16, 2010, 08:33:44 PM

I've heard complaints of poor level design, is it true? Hey, at least most of the reviews are positive.

It's more like 90% of it is really good, 5% is meh, and 5% is kinda bad. It's not so much that those sections are bad, it's more like they just don't flow all that well compared to other levels or other parts of the same level, so it comes across as bad.

JrDude

Silver medals? Didn't those serve 0% purpose other than the "woo I got a silver medal" feeling?
Quote from: JrDude 益 on November 12, 2010, 05:58:17 PM
There are some parts of the game where you'll be like "Seriously? I didn't make that jump? - REALLY?! I OVERDID THAT JUMP?! - DUDE LAND ON THE FUCKING PLATFORM!!! - Finally made it... OH SO I MISS THE NEXT ONE?!?!?! WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!!"
Other than that, what Nayr said.
[move][/move]
Dude .