News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

WHAT MOVIES HAVE YOU SEEN!?

Started by Flying Chickens, March 03, 2013, 05:04:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viewtifulboy

I was hoping for more references to games like King of Fighters or more modern-day arcade games, like Super Street Fighter 4 instead of that old, ugly Street Fighter 2.

Custom

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 06, 2013, 07:15:40 AM
I was hoping for more references to games like King of Fighters or more modern-day arcade games, like Super Street Fighter 4 instead of that old, ugly Street Fighter 2.

how stupid are you? maybe you should delete your blog scrub

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Zero

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 06, 2013, 07:15:40 AM

King of Fighters was the game people played while everyone waited in the street fighter line in my town's arcades.

i love me some KoF but SF is practically pop-culture. get over it

Custom

how could any fighting game fan hate street fighter 2 i don't understand

Zero

Quote from: Custom on March 07, 2013, 03:02:40 AM
how could any fighting game fan hate street fighter 2 i don't understand

A lot of younger/newer fighting game fans can't get into it because its "too basic". It lacks things like X-Factor, hitstun armor, armor break, combo burst/break, team gameplay, EX crap, flashy modern 3D graphics, etc that is in most popular fighters today. I enjoy modern fighters, but sometimes, basic is good.

X-Factor in particular is one of those "oh jeez, i wonder how high the developers were?" design choices in MvC3. I went from rank 0 to max rank in a single night using Akuma, Dormammu, and Zero. X-Factor helped make it that easy. Putting something like that in the hands of a really experienced player like me just kills it even more for a new player or an intermediate player. On top of that, when I played another experienced player, it just ended up being a game of X-Factor. Who played it at what time, etc. It really can be game changing and that's what the devs wanted but in the end, it just seems so hollow. This is coming from someone that abuses the intercourse  out of it to this day.

tl;dr SFII is great because intercourse  "complex" fighters

Viewtifulboy

But King of Fighters is complicated, but not quite enough to scare most gamers off.

Also it has strong characterization and plots.  Not like Street Fighter's stereotypes and retcons.

Zero

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 07, 2013, 02:41:40 PM
But King of Fighters is complicated, but not quite enough to scare most gamers off.

Also it has strong characterization and plots.  Not like Street Fighter's stereotypes and retcons.

Retcons aren't an inherently bad thing. You're also kidding yourself if you think KoF doesn't have stereotyped characters. They have a trap, man. Sorry, try again.

King of Fighters is more simplistic than Street Fighter. It is not more complicated. Sorry, it just isn't. The games KoF is preceded by like Final Fight in particular are more simplistic. The four button system makes a hell of a difference, and that's probably the reason they chose not to copy SF's six button system.

SNK never managed to achieve SF's level of success and they never will.

Viewtifulboy

I'd say they have. syntaxerror;

Custom

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 07, 2013, 02:41:40 PM

if by plots and strong characterization you mean the part of the game nobody in their right mind cares about then sure

Viewtifulboy

The story and characters is one of my favorite parts.

Zero

Viewtifulboy

And that has to do with anything..... How? :|

Zero

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 07, 2013, 03:54:09 PM

oh lord

silver why the intercourse  do you let this poop continue?

Custom

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 07, 2013, 03:54:09 PM

you're delusional
viewtiful joe sucks my dick

Flying Chickens

Alright, Noishe, intercourse  off. The rest of you back on the topic of movies. This is going to go forever and it already has a topic for that. It was relevant for a bit but now it's you two being right and Viewtifulboy continuing to spew garbage like it's pus in his mom's dirty vagina.