News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

Ok. About the scrim team.

Started by Ultimate Umbreon, December 20, 2008, 07:18:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red Alert

Quote from: Ultimate Umbreon on December 20, 2008, 10:20:02 PM
I'm best at Heavy, decent at Engineer, and above average at Spy. As Heavy I normally destroy a lot of sentries without a Medic by myself and get a lot of kills. As Engineer I rely on my teammates to give me a bit of time to get a sentry up. And as Spy I can get quite a few backstabs and sap any buildings that need to be  sapped(I don't really like playing Spy anymore though).

It's important to know that sentries are a rarity. The only popular competitive map you will find them on is gravel pit. If you want to play heavy, that's fine - full time heavies can do well on any map. But it's important that you can at least play soldier decently, just in case they have a monster sniper (or 2 snipers, but that's pretty rare). In very rare cases, I've seen a scout replaced with a heavy, which works really well if you only have one good scout, but it's really hard for a medic to keep 4 combat classes alive.

If you are best at heavy, you probably won't be playing spy or engineer.

Oh yeah, I haven't been playing with you guys so I don't know this, but are people changing classes in game whenever they feel like it? If you are, STOP DOING IT. Teams fall apart when you find out Joe can't back you up anymore because he is going for a desperate backstab. If you want to change your class, it should only be to your flex, and it should be for a good reason! Doing bad is not a good reason.

Ultimate Umbreon

Quote from: Red Alert on December 20, 2008, 10:25:52 PM
Quote from: Ultimate Umbreon on December 20, 2008, 10:20:02 PM
I'm best at Heavy, decent at Engineer, and above average at Spy. As Heavy I normally destroy a lot of sentries without a Medic by myself and get a lot of kills. As Engineer I rely on my teammates to give me a bit of time to get a sentry up. And as Spy I can get quite a few backstabs and sap any buildings that need to be  sapped(I don't really like playing Spy anymore though).

It's important to know that sentries are a rarity. The only popular competitive map you will find them on is gravel pit. If you want to play heavy, that's fine - full time heavies can do well on any map. But it's important that you can at least play soldier decently, just in case they have a monster sniper (or 2 snipers, but that's pretty rare). In very rare cases, I've seen a scout replaced with a heavy, which works really well if you only have one good scout, but it's really hard for a medic to keep 4 combat classes alive.

If you are best at heavy, you probably won't be playing spy or engineer.

Oh yeah, I haven't been playing with you guys so I don't know this, but are people changing classes in game whenever they feel like it? If you are, STOP DOING IT. Teams fall apart when you find out Joe can't back you up anymore because he is going for a desperate backstab. If you want to change your class, it should only be to your flex, and it should be for a good reason! Doing bad is not a good reason.
I'm bad as Soldier ;_; I suppose I could try to get better.
Oh yeah, in our scrim Silver was playing Pyro for some reason. Try to get him to learn another class.

Geoff

Quote from: Red Alert on December 20, 2008, 10:06:55 PM
k guys, allow me to share my pro knowledge with you:
class limits are 1 medic, 1 demoman, 2 of everything else.

What pro experience have you had?  Sucka plz

Here are the rules stated DIRECTLY from the CAL rulebook:

Quote3.70b 8v8
The following are the maximum amount of each class a team may use at any given time:
-3 Soldiers
-3 Pyros
-3 Scouts
-3 Snipers
-3 Heavy
-3 Spy
-3 Engineer
-2 Demo-man
-2 Medic

If at any time during the match a team uses more than the allowed amount of any class, the set/half in which the violation occurred will be overturned.

We just agreed on 2 of each class to make things less confusing.

TheDarkChief

Quote from: Ultimate Umbreon on December 20, 2008, 09:36:34 PM
Quote from: TheDarkChief on December 20, 2008, 07:53:31 PM
Ahem.
Told you so.

Dare I ask how badly?
So badly that we should have been looking for hiding spots as soon as the round began.
...ouch. D:

Red Alert

Quote from: Geoff on December 21, 2008, 08:41:58 AM
Quote from: Red Alert on December 20, 2008, 10:06:55 PM
k guys, allow me to share my pro knowledge with you:
class limits are 1 medic, 1 demoman, 2 of everything else.

What pro experience have you had?  Sucka plz

Here are the rules stated DIRECTLY from the CAL rulebook:

Quote3.70b 8v8
The following are the maximum amount of each class a team may use at any given time:
-3 Soldiers
-3 Pyros
-3 Scouts
-3 Snipers
-3 Heavy
-3 Spy
-3 Engineer
-2 Demo-man
-2 Medic

If at any time during the match a team uses more than the allowed amount of any class, the set/half in which the violation occurred will be overturned.

We just agreed on 2 of each class to make things less confusing.

6v6, obviously. Couldn't you infer that from my post? I've played both 8v8 and 6v6, though. Not only does this forum not have the manpower for 8v8, but 6v6 is just plain better. Sucka.

BOSSNIG

Locked.

A. There's a stickied thread for this discussion.
B.  I'm mad at all your whining.
C. In conclusion expect a thread within an hour with new details.
IF U WERE KILLED TOMORROW, I WOULDNT GO 2 UR FUNERAL CUZ ID B N JAIL 4 KILLIN DA MOTHA FUKER THAT KILLED U!
..._.....____________________, ,
....../ `---___________----_____] = = = = = D
...../_==o;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....), ---.(_(__) /
....// (..) ), ----"
...//___//
..//___//
.//___//

WE TRUE HOMIES
WE RIDE TOGETHER
WE DIE TOGETHER