News:

UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

So, after the success that was my first map...

Started by Daft Pink, December 05, 2008, 05:14:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daft Pink

So, seeing all your reactions to ctf_wtf_v1 really was impressive. So, now I ask you guys, what would you want my next map to be? Do you want a capture point map? A ctf map? A pl map? Or do you just want v2 of wtf already? You guys decide, I'll take any suggestions for the map type, and how you want the map to be. I'll later tell everyone the top choices and have you guys vote for which one you think is the best.

Also, hi everyone.  :) I know I haven't been here for a LONG time but I'll be a regular again. I'll try and post here when I get the chance. Hope to see you guys all around again.

Hishipi

I know this is kind of obvious, but for wtf_v2 fix the spawn camping! :P

Although it was fun to get easy headshots over and over... :D

Hallways leading from the side rooms to the main rooms would make things a bit more interesting IMO, but you said you were gonna do that...

I noticed that it was really easy to guard the intel, sentry in corner and you're pretty much set. :-\ but then again the hallways might make that a bit less effective...but something like a hallway above the main tunnel that only soldiers/demos could get to could also solve that problem quite well :)

Personally my favorite map type is CP, so I vote CP for next map. ;)
~Hishipi

Daft Pink

Quote from: Hishipi on December 05, 2008, 06:12:51 PM

Hallways leading from the side rooms to the main rooms would make things a bit more interesting IMO, but you said you were gonna do that...

I noticed that it was really easy to guard the intel, sentry in corner and you're pretty much set. :-\ but then again the hallways might make that a bit less effective...but something like a hallway above the main tunnel that only soldiers/demos could get to could also solve that problem quite well :)

Yes, I will fix the spawn camping, along with some other tunnels in the side rooms leading to the main rooms. As I said before, those were planned for the first version but I rushed it and wanted to see if you guys liked it or not to keep on working on it. I like the idea of a hallway that only demos and soldiers can get to. I think I will do that. Also, I was hoping to make a cp recreation of 2fort, so if any of you guys can find me a download of 2fort, it would be much appreciated. (None of valve's maps appear in the maps folder) So, thanks a lot for the idea of the soldier/demo tunnel, that will most likely be added in v2, along with a solution to the spawn camping.

Hishipi

Quote from: Daft Pink on December 05, 2008, 06:38:06 PM
Quote from: Hishipi on December 05, 2008, 06:12:51 PM

Yes, I will fix the spawn camping, along with some other tunnels in the side rooms leading to the main rooms. As I said before, those were planned for the first version but I rushed it and wanted to see if you guys liked it or not to keep on working on it. I like the idea of a hallway that only demos and soldiers can get to. I think I will do that. Also, I was hoping to make a cp recreation of 2fort, so if any of you guys can find me a download of 2fort, it would be much appreciated. (None of valve's maps appear in the maps folder) So, thanks a lot for the idea of the soldier/demo tunnel, that will most likely be added in v2, along with a solution to the spawn camping.

I remember someone saying something about CP version of 2fort already made. :O I'll see if I can find it (or a 2fort DL, as I have nothing to do right now xD )

EDIT: yeah, I found the CP2fort while looking for just the normal 2fort. :-X
http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/39871
~Hishipi

Hishipi

Quote from: Daft Pink on December 05, 2008, 07:26:46 PM
Oh. Well so much for that idea. :|

Yeah, oh well. D=

also, someone made a PL_dustbowl O_o
~Hishipi

Jono2

Quote from: LinkXLR on January 30, 2008, 09:10:54 PM
Quote from: famy on January 30, 2008, 08:36:30 PM
is big willy unleashed a will smith game

...I'm not even gonna touch this one.

SteamID: Lazylen

BOSSNIG

IF U WERE KILLED TOMORROW, I WOULDNT GO 2 UR FUNERAL CUZ ID B N JAIL 4 KILLIN DA MOTHA FUKER THAT KILLED U!
..._.....____________________, ,
....../ `---___________----_____] = = = = = D
...../_==o;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....), ---.(_(__) /
....// (..) ), ----"
...//___//
..//___//
.//___//

WE TRUE HOMIES
WE RIDE TOGETHER
WE DIE TOGETHER