News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

the real question

Started by Custom, September 06, 2011, 12:21:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neerb

We're in the 2010's, dang it; I want polygons, not sprites.

Custom

you guys are missing the point :(

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Zero

Quote from: Neerb on September 17, 2011, 11:08:33 AM
We're in the 2010's, dang it; I want polygons, not sprites.

polygons? lol you need to get with the times

Kayo

Quote from: Custom on September 17, 2011, 11:01:33 AM
>IMPLYING THAT'S A GOOD THING
For the Gen 1, 2, 4, and 5 pokemon, why would they need new sprites? Also, look at the B/W sprites for 3rd gen pokemon. They're pretty much all new; for the most part they didn't reuse the 4th gen sprites. Only problem was the animations for some of them were quite a bit on the lazy side and should have more frames added to them.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Neerb

Quote from: Zero on September 17, 2011, 12:22:02 PM
polygons? lol you need to get with the times

That's not "the times;" 3DS can't do it, Wii U can't do it, Vita can't do it, and I doubt PS4 will take the time and money to do it. Maybe next gen.

Kayo

Quote from: Neerb on September 17, 2011, 08:24:43 PM
That's not "the times;" 3DS can't do it, Wii U can't do it, Vita can't do it, and I doubt PS4 will take the time and money to do it. Maybe next gen.
If the PS4 won't take the time and money to do it, why would they do so next gen? Way to contradict yourself.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Neerb

Quote from: Kayo on September 17, 2011, 08:51:55 PM
If the PS4 won't take the time and money to do it, why would they do so next gen? Way to contradict yourself.

They don't have as much time right now because Wii U is coming within a year or so and they probably haven't already started implementing this tech.
They might not spend the money now because it will be cheaper down the line and their competition isn't already doing it.

No contradiction.

Kayo

Quote from: Neerb on September 17, 2011, 09:00:43 PM
They don't have as much time right now because Wii U is coming within a year or so and they probably haven't already started implementing this tech.
They might not spend the money now because it will be cheaper down the line and their competition isn't already doing it.

No contradiction.
They wouldn't want to stand out?
[move][/move]

Neerb

Quote from: Kayo on September 17, 2011, 09:50:22 PM
They wouldn't want to stand out?

Well they certainly could, but their recent success and Nintendo's recent failure makes it seem like an unnecessary effort. Plus, I'm not sure how long it would take for them to create a console using this technology; the guys who made that video don't seem to have made any agreements so far, and I'd imagine Sony would want the PS4 out by 2013 to compete with Nintendo since they're already entering this gen with the Vita.

Not sure about Microsoft; last I heard, they were expecting Kinect and 1st party releases to last them until 2015, meaning they would essentially skip this generation (unless they intend to release the 720 halfway through it). Of course, I'd be surprised if they didn't change their minds within a year; money is money, and I'm not sure how long Kinect will rake it in.

Kayo

Quote from: Neerb on September 17, 2011, 10:00:58 PM
Well they certainly could, but their recent success and Nintendo's recent failure makes it seem like an unnecessary effort. Plus, I'm not sure how long it would take for them to create a console using this technology; the guys who made that video don't seem to have made any agreements so far, and I'd imagine Sony would want the PS4 out by 2013 to compete with Nintendo since they're already entering this gen with the Vita.

Not sure about Microsoft; last I heard, they were expecting Kinect and 1st party releases to last them until 2015, meaning they would essentially skip this generation (unless they intend to release the 720 halfway through it). Of course, I'd be surprised if they didn't change their minds within a year; money is money, and I'm not sure how long Kinect will rake it in.
Kinect has the potential to get real old real fast. There's only so much you can do with it before absolutely everything involving it becomes overly cheesy.
[move][/move]

Custom

Quote from: Kayo on September 17, 2011, 06:43:07 PM
For the Gen 1, 2, 4, and 5 pokemon, why would they need new sprites? Also, look at the B/W sprites for 3rd gen pokemon. They're pretty much all new; for the most part they didn't reuse the 4th gen sprites. Only problem was the animations for some of them were quite a bit on the lazy side and should have more frames added to them.

you dumbass piece of intercourse ing poop
i'm saying that they might put it out on the regular ds and not the 3ds
hurrdurdurudruidhruhrhdurhduirhdurhasuoph;ghwe;hgasdkl; what is this thread about i'm going to ignore it hurghghghhghgggg

Kayo

Quote from: Custom on September 17, 2011, 10:33:53 PM
you dumbass piece of intercourse ing poop
i'm saying that they might put it out on the regular ds and not the 3ds
hurrdurdurudruidhruhrhdurhduirhdurhasuoph;ghwe;hgasdkl; what is this thread about i'm going to ignore it hurghghghhghgggg
you intercourse ing referred to my comment about reusing sprites ..?
[move][/move]

Custom

Quote from: Kayo on September 17, 2011, 11:45:30 PM
you intercourse ing referred to my comment about reusing sprites ..?

for ds games duhhh

Kayo

[move][/move]