News:

<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

NSFCD's Unova Log

Started by Nayrman, March 06, 2011, 06:33:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FruitFlow

Why are the Gym Leaders so easy?
I expected them to be more of a challenge compared to most normal trainers.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Kayo

Alright, still doing my slow run. And working on 7 projects simultaneously for school hasn't been giving me much time.

Current progress: (I KNOW I'M NOT FAR STFU)

[spoiler]Finished up in Castelia city and the Desert. Got everything I wanted out of there... that's Scraggy (though I hate the name), Sigilyph, Dwebble, and Death-mask. Sigilyph was a ninny to find, but this thing is intercourse in' amazing. Just entered Nimbasa City.. loving this upbeat music here, might be my favorite town music so far. Battled N again, who proved how awesome Sigilyph is when it killed half my team before I put on my serious face and used my Death-mask to take it out. Haven't gotten around to the gym here yet. Decided to head into the next route briefly to check out the new Pokémon. Already Purrloin's evolved form, what? Maybe I'll grab one of those. They're fast, but I'm not keeping it longer than a gym or two. I did catch me a Trubbish. Don't see how it would fit on my team, but I like the little smelly thing. Searchin' for a Gothita.

And as far as my current team/PC goes, not showing my entire PC. Just the things that I still rotate with my team. Haven't narrowed it down to 6 yet, so half the reason I'm going so slow is because I'l trying to equally train over 10 Pokemon the best I can. Actually, upon count, I have 12. God darn this is hard.

Current team: (these are the Pokemon I plan to have in my party for the gym battle)
Blitzle ♂ Lv20 (Needs some serious grinding- I took him out to avoid all the ground-types in the desert, so he's behind.)
Kratos (Roggenrola) ♂ Lv21. KRATOS, GOD OF STRENGTH. This little guy's close to evolution. Too bad I despise Boldore. I'll borrow my sister's DS and game to do a trade, and end up with an awesome Gigalith. At level 25. Problem, late evos?
Thanatos (Yamask) ♂ Lv22. I love making this guy use Will-O-Wisp, followed by Hex. Epic damage. Didn't plan on having a Cofagrigus on my team, but I might have to. I need something with solid defenses, but I already have a ghost type that I'm NOT replacing (Chandelure) so I might not.
Karkinos (Dwebble) ♀ Lv22. Name fits in with my whole Greek Mythology theme- Karkinos was a giant crab who was said to have become the constellation Cancer. This little crab won't be on my team long, but I taught it Dig to use in this Electric gym.
Zuruzukin (Scraggy) ♂ Lv24. Named it the japanese name of its evolution, so I don't have to change it when it evolves. Definitely staying on my team. I use Work Up once, then sweep, taking full advantage of Moxie. Also, cool typing.
Archontas (Servine) ♂ Lv25. Still my starter, plus he resists Electric nicely, and stuff.

In PC:
Sigilyph ♀ Lv21.This thing is a beast. Can't see how it has a gender, but whatever.
Dewott ♂ Lv26.TOO STRONG. I had to use it to kill all those Sandiles and Darumakkas in the desert.
Litwick ♀ Lv22.Can't believe it won't evolve until Lv41. GOTTA KEEP PUSHIN'
Pignite ♂ Lv20.Actually, my team's already got a Fire and a fighting. Don't think I'll be using this from here on out. I dunno.
Solosis ♀ Lv20.Hidden Power Dragon is cool. But blob needs more moves now.
Trubbish ♂ Lv19.It's so ugly it's almost cute.

I just realized, everything nicknamed is in my party right now. And everything else isn't, except Blitzle. Huh.
[/spoiler]
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

SkyMyl

Currently at: just beat Gym 5. Or rather, COMPLETELY SWEPT IT WITH AN OSHAWOTT AND HERDIER.

Current team:

Sayaka: Lvl. 31
Misaka: Lvl. 26 [amount of people to get the reference: 2]
Thardus: Lvl. 27
Leer: Lvl. 27
Kushinada: Lvl. 30
Fenghuang (Archen): Lvl. 26 [temporary]

So I discovered that Water/Ground is something I don't have a counter to, and three members of my team can't deal with water and ground. Caught one of those ice cream cone Pokemon, and am considering having an Ice-type for that Dragon gym at the end. Is the snow cone a good Ice-type?

Quote from: FruitFlow on March 10, 2011, 12:14:51 PM
Why are the Gym Leaders so easy?
I expected them to be more of a challenge compared to most normal trainers.
Captain Obvious moment: Depends on how well your team is structured.

Rayquarian

And how much grinding you're willing to do beforehand.

FruitFlow

Right now I'm in the ruins area of the desert.
My team isn't really that strong:

Palpatoad Lvl. 28
Drilbur Lvl. 26
Woobat Lvl. 22
Herdier Lvl. 25
Dewoot Lvl. 21 (I honestly can't wait to ditch this thing after I beat the game. I wanted Tepig but my brother already chose it)
Gurdurr Lvl. 28 (My most prized and fav pokemon this Gen. I plan to evolve it once it learns Bulk Up and Hammer Arm)

The funny thing about this is that I used my Palpitoad the entire 3rd Gym and it swept every opponent, and it was Lvl. 25 at the time.
Which is sad considering the fact that they all used Bug and Grass types, and since my Palpitoad is Water/Ground I was expecting it to get raped fast.
But that didn't happen, lol.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Nayrman

I haven't explored the new area just yet. I want to transfer over my lvl 100 Eeveelution team to explore, so I don't have to worry about crap. I can always train later with the Lucky egg, but I look forward to exploring half a region with my Eevee's.

If to talk to Cheren you can battle him daily at the top of Victory Road. His pokemon are early level 60's. Yeah, kind of high but doable if you want some really good experience. Also, Black City FTW. You re-fight people there daily as well.

And Gym Leaders are ALWAYS easy as long as you have a well structured team. *shrugs* I was skimming a guide in store and they recommend being overleveled for each of them. *laughs* You can be five to ten levels under and still do fine as long as you're smart and balance in the right way.

FruitFlow

Quote from: Nayrman on March 10, 2011, 02:09:48 PM
Also, Black City FTW. You re-fight people there daily as well.
Man, that sucks.
I knew that Black version would have a trump card somewhere.

The trainers in White Forest better be re-fight-able, or I'll use Outrage on my DS.

Nayrman

Quote from: FruitFlow on March 10, 2011, 02:29:53 PM
Man, that sucks.
I knew that Black version would have a trump card somewhere.

The trainers in White Forest better be re-fight-able, or I'll use Outrage on my DS.
I'm sure they are last I checked.

Neerb

Quote from: Nayrman on March 10, 2011, 02:32:44 PM

White Forest does have trainers, but they are neither the quantity nor quality of the Black City trainers.

Kayo

Fuck yeah Cheren and Black City, that's seriously all the re-battling I'll ever need.

Also, just reached Driftveil (5th gym) city. Music here is intercourse in' AWESOME.

I wasn't too impressed with the music from the first few towns. But I loved the music from the last two towns I visited, Nimbasa and Driftveil. Also the bike music, for once, isn't hideously annoying. Here's how I felt about the bike music:

R/B: It wasn't too bad.
G/S: It was okay.
R/S: Fucking terrible. So bad it made me only get on a bike when I was right in between routes and the music would reset quickly.
D/P: Hated this one too.
HGSS: Only bringing it up because I liked it here more than G/S
B/W: I can stand this, no problem.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

FruitFlow

Quote from: Nayrman on March 10, 2011, 02:32:44 PM
They're limited in terms of count though.
I guess that's only because wild Pokemon spawn there.

Kayo

Quote from: FruitFlow on March 10, 2011, 04:52:02 PM
They're limited in terms of count though.
I guess that's only because wild Pokemon spawn there.
And you don't have to pay for the items. I think you just like, find them.
[move][/move]

Nayrman

Black city has some tough trainers and some not so tough ones. And my word that's a massive difficulty spike after you beat the E4 and start on the other half of Unova. :o

FruitFlow

Quote from: Kayo on March 10, 2011, 05:20:15 PM
And you don't have to pay for the items. I think you just like, find them.
I think so.

Quote from: Nayrman on March 10, 2011, 06:07:20 PM
Black city has some tough trainers and some not so tough ones. And my word that's a massive difficulty spike after you beat the E4 and start on the other half of Unova. :o
The trainers are supposedly around lvl 50-60 right?

Nayrman

Quote from: FruitFlow on March 10, 2011, 06:22:50 PM
I think so.
The trainers are supposedly around lvl 50-60 right?

Some yeah. Trainers on routes are all like level 60 stuff. Neat though.