News:

<+Ice> i have a dildo factory line run by old women in my garage

Main Menu

3DS Homebrew

Started by Silverhawk79, September 30, 2018, 03:06:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silverhawk79

Has anyone home brewed their 3DS? It's easier than I expected, but aside from free games I haven't done much with it. Also, it's a pain in the dick to add new games.

jnfs2014

I did in early 2016 or so, but most of the 3DS games that I was interested in I had purchased anyways. I did play through Pokemon Moon and most of Fire Emblem Fates though. I don't know what I'm gonna do with the 3DS now since I don't play it anymore.

The 3DS is probably the most awkward, outdated system I've ever owned. Pokemon salvaged the purchase somewhat, but between the low framerates, bad textures, and controls worse than the original DS, I don't really have any interest in playing it anymore. Also, the switch exists.

Max Headroom

Quote from: jaydee on October 02, 2018, 01:56:04 AMPokemon salvaged the purchase somewhat, but between the low framerates, bad textures, and controls worse than the original DS, I don't really have any interest in playing it anymore. Also, the switch exists.
How about original DS homebrew?
[move][/move]

jnfs2014

Quote from: Max Headroom on October 03, 2018, 07:37:16 PMHow about original DS homebrew?
I was pretty young when the DS was booming (2006-2010), so I never was interested in flash carts or whatnot. I got interested in it a bit around 2012, but I just waited until other means of playing DS games became available, which they have.

I purchased a vita in late 2016 for homebrew, and it ran things like a GBA emulator quite nicely. However, the psp did the same thing for a much cheaper and easier pricepoint. I even played sm64 on my psp at 30fps (albeit with no sound).

Silverhawk79

Quote from: jaydee on October 03, 2018, 09:15:31 PMI was pretty young when the DS was booming (2006-2010), so I never was interested in flash carts or whatnot. I got interested in it a bit around 2012, but I just waited until other means of playing DS games became available, which they have.

I purchased a vita in late 2016 for homebrew, and it ran things like a GBA emulator quite nicely. However, the psp did the same thing for a much cheaper and easier pricepoint. I even played sm64 on my psp at 30fps (albeit with no sound).
aren't PSP 3000s the best for homebrew? or are the earlier revisions better

Spud

Quote from: Silverhawk79 on October 27, 2018, 12:15:05 PMaren't PSP 3000s the best for homebrew? or are the earlier revisions better
2000 is the best because that's the one with the limited edition darth vader model  :afro: