News:

<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

Man of Steel

Started by Neerb, December 11, 2012, 11:00:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neerb

Superman, as a serious movie! With violence, too! First real trailer is now out, and I'm pretty psyched.

Also, fyi: black guy running from building collapse is Perry White, and girl at the end with Superman is Lois Lane. They decided to go with a black actor and a redhead actress, just because. Don't really care about Lawrence Fishburne as Perry (although "Perry Black" is probably gonna be a joke pretty soon), but redhead Lois actually kinda gets on my nerves; of course, I love Amy Adams, so I'll get over it.

Zero

Looking forward to the original overpowered super hero getting a modern movie treatment that doesn't seem to be haunted by Reeves' past films.

That's what bugged me about the last one.

JrDude

It didn't really show this in the preview, but I read somewhere, that they removed his red underwear. Now he's all blue except the logo and cape.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Neerb

Quote from: JrDude 益 on December 11, 2012, 01:05:05 PM
It didn't really show this in the preview, but I read somewhere, that they removed his red underwear. Now he's all blue except the logo and cape.

Yep, except for some weird little gold designs that make his outfit more complicated (for example, it sorta looks like he's wearing his yellow belt, but more alieny). I for one am all for it.

Also, for those who don't know, the villains (so far) are Zod and his partner Faora, both of whom I'm pretty sure are in the trailer.

Zero

I'm cool with Zod being the first villain(assuming this is a trilogy).

I'd like to see Darkseid or Doomsday in a sequel.

Flying Chickens

Quote from: Z on December 11, 2012, 03:46:32 PM
I'm cool with Zod being the first villain(assuming this is a trilogy).

I'd like to see Darkseid or Doomsday in a sequel.
Darkseid is rumoured to be the Justice League villain. So that's a disappointing thing.

Michael Shannon as Zod has me all excited though. That's just... Yes.

Zero

Quote from: Flying Chickens on December 11, 2012, 05:49:02 PM
Darkseid is rumoured to be the Justice League villain. So that's a disappointing thing.

That's a shame. The character interactions between Darkseid and Superman in both the comics and the animated series were part of the reason I even got into comics in the first place. He's badass enough to warrant the entire JL's involvement but that unfortunately has its drawbacks. Lack of focus between a single hero and villain is one I think of.

Neerb

There're still several other villains, though most are silly (Mr. Mxyzptlk), lame (Metallo), or both (Toyman).

And of course... there's always Luthor.

One way or another, Lex Luthor has to show up sooner or later; a lot of people are tired of him since he was the/a villain several times already, but he's Superman's main enemy. I think the best way to present him would be to introduce him early as a looming threat, even having dialog with Superman, then have him finally be the main villain (complete with armor) in a later movie alongside someone plot-devicey like Brainiac or Doomsday.

Zero

Quote from: Delibird on December 11, 2012, 08:05:33 PM
There're still several other villains, though most are silly (Mr. Mxyzptlk), lame (Metallo), or both (Toyman).

And of course... there's always Luthor.

One way or another, Lex Luthor has to show up sooner or later; a lot of people are tired of him since he was the/a villain several times already, but he's Superman's main enemy. I think the best way to present him would be to introduce him early as a looming threat, even having dialog with Superman, then have him finally be the main villain (complete with armor) in a later movie alongside someone plot-devicey like Brainiac or Doomsday.

Some Superman villains are sort of lackluster for a film(namely, the ones you mentioned). Luthor, Darkseid, Zod, Braniac, Bizarro and Doomsday are really the only popular villains among fans, but a real treat would be Preus. Seeing Superman develop powers mid-combat against Preus on the big screen would be kickass.