News:

UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

Young Justice

Started by Neerb, December 05, 2010, 10:16:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neerb

New show on Cartoon Network; first two episodes can be found on Youtube, new episodes continue in January. It's like Justice League meets Teen Titans... literally... but it isn't actually connected to either of those two shows.

IT'S PRETTY MUCH FREAKING AWESOME.

Magnum

Oh I like this one. A few minor details off but HEY, really good.

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

Nayrman

So....it's what Teen Titan's should've been? Well, looks ok. Have to see where it goes.

Neerb

Quote from: Nayrman on December 06, 2010, 06:02:46 AM
So....it's what Teen Titan's should've been? Well, looks ok. Have to see where it goes.

If by that you mean more mature and violent, then yes. If by that you mean Jr. Justice League (which YJ clearly is), then no, because the Teen Titans are their own thing and often go out of their way to separate themselves from the Justice League altogether.

The Riddler

Robin's voice bothers me.

Neerb

Quote from: It's ROBBIE! on December 06, 2010, 04:31:44 PM
Robin's voice bothers me.

It's Jesse McCartney. If you've played Kingdom Hearts, you'll notice he also voices Roxas and Ventus, who this Robin sounds almost exactly like. Just fyi.

The Riddler

Quote from: Neerb on December 06, 2010, 06:39:21 PM
It's Jesse McCartney. If you've played Kingdom Hearts, you'll notice he also voices Roxas and Ventus, who this Robin sounds almost exactly like. Just fyi.
They couldn't find the Teen Titans actor?

Nayrman

Quote from: It's ROBBIE! on December 06, 2010, 07:05:59 PM
They couldn't find the Teen Titans actor?

I agree. I mean, Cyborg is basically playing...well....Cyborg. Minus the robot arms and stuff. *still wonders why it's Miss Martian when we have more interesting teen heroines in the DC verse*

Neerb

Having Robin play Robin again would be weird considering this is a whole new universe. I mean sure, there are some voice actors still on board from past DC adventures (Teen Titans' Cyborg playing Aqualad and Justice League's John Stewart voicing Aquaman), but we've already heard five seasons of that different Robin.

Besides, this new Robin's voice matches his different personality; old Robin fits for the dead-serious leader of the team, but new Robin is younger and more immature (but still awesome).

JrDude

It's a TV show? I thought it was gonna be a movie. Looks interesting, I might watch some of it sometime.

Also, I watched the first minute of the first video to see what Rob was talking about, and Robin's new voice bothers the poop out of me.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Magnum

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

Neerb

Episodes premiere on Fridays at 7:00 pm and then rerun on Sundays at 8:00 pm (both eastern time). These past two weekends have been episodes 1 and 2 (the ones that premiered over a month ago), but actual NEW episodes start on the 21st (THIS Friday).

I for one am excited.

Oh, and for those of you who didn't know, this show is being worked on by Greg Weisman, the same guy who gave us the fantastically awesome Gargoyles (seasons 1 and 2) and Spectacular Spider-man. Unfortunately, that also means this show will probably get canceled after season 2...

Neerb

So, anyone besides me been watching this show? It's gotten pretty awesome, and it's pretty funny at times too. In one episode, Aqualad got shot in the chest with arrows, and then stood up and kept fighting with the arrows sticking out of his chest. No blood (it never got that far since his skin's thick, aka CENSORS), but still more violent than I expected.

Neerb

SEVERAL YEARS LATER (both in real life and in the show)

Well, the series is over. Like I suspected long ago, it didn't make it past two seasons, which is a shame because they were going some cool places with it. Still, the finale managed to feel finale-ish enough, and it was definitely one of the coolest American shows in a long time. Maybe if we're lucky we'll get a movie.

So, did anyone watch it over the last couple years? Things you liked? Things you didn't like?

Tupin

Shame that CN pulls so many good series over and over again. Comedy series just make too much money.

Guess Teen Titans Go is replacing this...

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.