News:

<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

Megaman Legends 3 cancelled

Started by Nayrman, July 18, 2011, 06:55:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tupin

No console was as royally screwed as the N-Gage. I would know, I own one. Yes, the taco one.

I also own a Tapwave Zodiac. But that's beside the point. At least the 3DS has more than ten games.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

DededeCloneChris

I highly doubt the 3DS is to blame for anything. It's just perfect for any games. The problem is that developers have a very rough time trying to come up with good ideas. I mean, there was supposed to be an Assassin Creed's game on the 3DS but it was cancelled.

Kayo

I wonder if Capcom knows how upset its millions of fans are over this.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

X-3

Quote from: Kayo on July 19, 2011, 09:53:14 AM
I wonder if Capcom knows how upset its millions of fans are over this.

Millions? MegaMan does not have millions of fans. Maybe a few thousand at best.

They really shouldn't have hyped MML3 like this. They created a community, and gathered ideas before the game was even green-lit. Now, they're just tossing them in the garbage. I think that's what hurts (daw) about this whole thing: they basically got fans hyped up and excited about a game that they probably didn't have much faith in creating.

Kinda strange that they won't at least release that prologue. I know I hated the idea and ninnyed about it, but come on Capcom.
edit: okay I guess at this point releasing the prologue/demo/whatever would be a dick move so uh yeah

So yeah, MegaMan is pretty obviously dead/near death. I guess there's always the Korea-only MMO!

Zero

Quote from: X-3 on July 19, 2011, 01:19:33 PM
Millions? MegaMan does not have millions of fans. Maybe a few thousand at best.

Sales indicate otherwise. Check your facts before spewing them out.

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Zero on July 19, 2011, 02:43:21 PM
Sales indicate otherwise. Check your facts before spewing them out.
I believe he forgot to add "as of now".

X-3

Alright, the games have sold pretty well in the past. The list I was remembering only had Japanese sales, so I guess I'm having crow for dinner tonight.

I still say 'millions of fans' is hyperbole though. Then again, the last retail game with 'brand new content' I can remember was part of a series a large chunk of the fanbase hates, so...yeah I could easily be wrong again.

Kayo

Quote from: X-3 on July 19, 2011, 03:38:09 PM
Alright, the games have sold pretty well in the past. The list I was remembering only had Japanese sales, so I guess I'm having crow for dinner tonight.

I still say 'millions of fans' is hyperbole though. Then again, the last retail game with 'brand new content' I can remember was part of a series a large chunk of the fanbase hates, so...yeah I could easily be wrong again.
Thousands is definitely too little.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Bearissoslow

Quote from: MooglePlayerChris on July 18, 2011, 07:01:40 PM
Inafune leaving wasn't exactly the reason ML3 was cancelled.

And to show my sadness to losing such a good sequel...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

it's like sophie's choice but without the choice so i guess i'll just call you sophie from now on

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Zero on July 19, 2011, 02:00:55 AM
Yeah

It's a sad day when you compare your former favorite developer to Activision.

Declaring your opinions as facts, are we? Alright, not surprised. It's NSF. Though I will admit I'm interested as to what your reasoning may be. Kindly elaborate, because comparing the device to something as horrible as an N-Gage is a very clear sign you haven't had much time with a 3DS.

About the only thing the handheld is missing is a solid library. Two of its biggest selling games are updates of old games(Tales/Zelda), granted, however it has a solid upcoming games line-up. Shit sucks, but it is what it is. Even then, it doesn't make it as terrible as the intercourse ing N-Gage.

I was in a horrible mood, and this made it worse. Sorry.

Quote from: MooglePlayerChris on July 19, 2011, 09:11:25 AM
I highly doubt the 3DS is to blame for anything. It's just perfect for any games. The problem is that developers have a very rough time trying to come up with good ideas. I mean, there was supposed to be an Assassin Creed's game on the 3DS but it was cancelled.

Is this a joke? No platform is perfect for any game. 3DS in particular has a lot of weaknesses that limit what types of games work for it.

Kayo

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on July 20, 2011, 10:17:58 AM
I was in a horrible mood, and this made it worse. Sorry.

Is this a joke? No platform is perfect for any game. 3DS in particular has a lot of weaknesses that limit what types of games work for it.
In addition to how the 3D gimmick can make developers think they HAVE to include 3D effects in a game for it. And 3D can get cheesy real fast.
[move][/move]

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Kayo on July 20, 2011, 11:39:16 AM
In addition to how the 3D gimmick can make developers think they HAVE to include 3D effects in a game for it. And 3D can get cheesy real fast.
If devs are smart, they'll take a page from OoT 3D and use it to enhance visuals. They shouldn't copy Super Mario and try to make it a key part of gameplay, though. Most devs would not get that right at all.

That said, 3D is not really a limiting factor, since devs don't even have to use it. The lack of a second analog stick, the archaic online, the last-gen graphics, and the tiny, low-res screens are much bigger issues.

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on July 20, 2011, 10:17:58 AM
Actually, I was meant to say great instead of perfect.

There's no real need to kick the 3DS so badly, you know. Its potential is clearly very good.

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: MooglePlayerChris on July 20, 2011, 03:30:16 PM

There's no real need to kick the 3DS so badly, you know. Its potential is clearly very good.

I know, but the thing is that it does have huge limitations that make it a pain for certain genres. It's obviously an improvement over DS and PSP, but like the DS, it only excels in certain genres. Have you ever tried playing an FPS on DS?

Kayo

Quote from: MooglePlayerChris on July 20, 2011, 03:30:16 PM

It WOULD HAVE been, had it been made better. It was put together all sloppy, and it didn't work.
[move][/move]