News:

<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

Full Tilt Poker

Started by Dog Food, May 16, 2010, 05:25:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dog Food

My aunt is staying with us until August because she had to move out of her condo due to mold issues that were making her sick. Well, like my brother, she is addicted to playing poker. She's always on the computer playing poker online. She uses the same site as my brother does, too. Full Tilt Poker. And so I was talking to her about it, and she told me that she doesn't play for money on the site because she wants to practice. And I was like, oh cool, so you pay for the account and they let you use fake money? And she was like, no, it's free and easy to sign up. You can play with play money or real money and there's no cost for play money. And I was like, what? Really? And then she was like, fo' realz.

So I downloaded Full Tilt Poker (which took less than a minute), made an account (which took a little over a minute) and started playing. She was right. You can play with play money and have it not effect your wallet. And there is basically no way to possibly run out of this play money. You can refill your 1,000 play money limit every five minutes if you run out. So it really is just for fun. And yeah, I like playing poker every once in a while. I played in a Hold 'Em tournament and came in second place, which was fun. Unfortunately, you only get rewards for coming in second if you use real money. But whatever, I'd rather not lose everything for an online game.

Uh, you can turn this topic into anything you'd like that even slightly relates to anything I just said, I guess. Knock yourself out. Have fun with it. Be creative. Make me proud. Do it. Be it. Feel it. Embrace it. Misquote it. ...El Fin.
I get obsessively manic over things. It's a problem.

Chris8492

I won a poker Hold'em touny with just a straight flush on an All In pot.

The prize i got out of it were 2011 Atomic Skis. They are awesome.

MoS

Playing with play money is lame, everyone just goes all in all the time.

Macawmoses

Love full tilt. Started playing when Gus Hansen endorsed it :)

Dog Food

Quote from: M҉̨͠O̵͟S̡҉̸͠͏ on May 16, 2010, 07:07:45 PM
Playing with play money is lame, everyone just goes all in all the time.
Yeah, but they play surprisingly seriously in tournaments. I think you must get points or something for winning.

StarWindWizard7

I love playing Texas Hold em...
It's a really fun/exciting/tense game sometimes...

We should have that on this website.  maneatingrobot;

Macawmoses

You need to pay better attention at meetings/etc Star. We're having a night this summer.

Dog Food

Quote from: Sherlock on May 16, 2010, 07:26:00 PM
You need to pay better attention at meetings/etc Star. We're having a night this summer.
Using what site? Personally, I'd want to use Full Tilt. Just because it's so easy to get/use and I already have it.

Macawmoses

Quote from: KJ on May 16, 2010, 07:29:43 PM
Using what site? Personally, I'd want to use Full Tilt. Just because it's so easy to get/use and I already have it.
I prefer FT to pretty much everything. I've been on many of the other big name sites and they just don't have anything to back it up. The only other one I was thinking of was one I was asked to administer (protip: it was once tied to NS2)...but it's been having a few glitches as of late.

Dog Food

Quote from: Sherlock on May 16, 2010, 07:30:57 PM
I prefer FT to pretty much everything. I've been on many of the other big name sites and they just don't have anything to back it up. The only other one I was thinking of was one I was asked to administer (protip: it was once tied to NS2)...but it's been having a few glitches as of late.
Sweet, this summer is going to be fun. :3

Macawmoses

Yeah. I'll be implementing the Calendar to tell you all when the game nights/activities/etc will happen. Expect the full list to be released quite soon. We'll have movie nights, trivia, feature launches, rank changes, and SO MUCH MORE

Shujinco2

Poker Nights?

Oh cool! Will we be using fake money or real money?

Also, KJ, do you need an ID to use it AT ALL? Cause I'm not 18 yet. :|

Dog Food

Quote from: Tsutaja on May 17, 2010, 12:04:43 PM
Poker Nights?

Oh cool! Will we be using fake money or real money?

Also, KJ, do you need an ID to use it AT ALL? Cause I'm not 18 yet. :|
The most you need to do is check off that you are 18 along with the Terms & Agreements. They don't ask you to verify it.