News:

<+Ice> i have a dildo factory line run by old women in my garage

Main Menu

What's up with my dog?

Started by Dog Food, January 07, 2011, 12:05:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dog Food

So, my dog has been acting really strange this entire week. At first I thought it was because she was upset my brother went home after Christmas, but her mood has only been getting more... desperate.

I know my dog. After so many years, you learn the context clues and you learn to communicate. When she needs food or water, I know. When she needs to go out, I know. When she wants attention, I know. But she's begun this new behavior that I just don't understand at all. Well, she's giving me signs that she uses in different situations, but none of the triggers are present now, if that makes any sense.

Yesterday was probably the height of her behavior. First of all, she's started acting a little weird at night. I'll take her outside around 9 PM for her final outing of the day, and she goes outside (our backyard is fenced because of the pool), does her business, and barks at squirrels or cars or whatever and then comes back in. Lately, she's come back in all riled up and wants to play with me. So, fine, we play. But then she'll randomly stop and just start acting weird. She whines, looks at me expectantly, shakes a little, and goes into our family room and stares at the front door as if she's expecting someone to walk inside at any moment. But everyone's home and she knows that.

I looked out the window, and she went insane and ran after me and stared out the window, too. But I didn't see anything at all. Apparently she did, because she jumped back down and went to the door. But no one was there. Nothing. It was dark and empty. She's been doing this all week, yesterday was just the most intense she has been - staring at that door and looking out that window as if she could hear, smell, see, sense something and expected a visitor.

I don't know what she's all about. One second she'll be normal, then next she'll notice a window in our house and go completely still and stare out of it. But she doesn't want to go outside again, when if I ask her she doesn't react at all. So what's up with my dog?
I get obsessively manic over things. It's a problem.

Kayo

Uh, well first of all, how old is she?

Does she see something outside? My dog will stop what he's doing and stare out the window is he sees a jogger or a biker (and sometimes he'll bark at them), and at this point he's completely oblivious to anything we say to him until the jogger is out of view. But I have no idea.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Magnum

Our security guard at school is an expert on dogs. Tell me anything else you can and I'll ask him about this.

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

JrDude

Your dog is high. Sounds like it to me anyway.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Jhen Mohran

I'm not an expert on dog behavior, so all I can really offer ya is a witty joke to ease your concerns slightly.

Methinks your dog is seeing somethin' invisible to the naked eye.

Silverhawk79

Dog Food

Quote from: JrDude 益 on January 07, 2011, 03:23:15 PM
Your dog is high. Sounds like it to me anyway.
So that's where my stash went...

Quote from: Sin Jecht on January 07, 2011, 02:32:08 PM
Our security guard at school is an expert on dogs. Tell me anything else you can and I'll ask him about this.
Well, she acts like she wants a treat, but when I try and give her one, she ignores it. The only time that ever happens is during thunderstorms or fireworks (she's afraid of loud noises). And she'll shake a little as if she feels a storm approaching (or she's excitedly awaiting something... it's hard to tell which), whilst glancing out the window. But it's always a nice night and a storm never comes.
I get obsessively manic over things. It's a problem.

Chris8492

Separation Anxiety. Or some other animal could be outside that could be disturbing your dog.

Shujinco2

Quote from: KJ on January 09, 2011, 07:32:03 PM
So that's where my stash went...
Well, she acts like she wants a treat, but when I try and give her one, she ignores it. The only time that ever happens is during thunderstorms or fireworks (she's afraid of loud noises). And she'll shake a little as if she feels a storm approaching (or she's excitedly awaiting something... it's hard to tell which), whilst glancing out the window. But it's always a nice night and a storm never comes.
OH MY GOD

THE STORM IS COMING! GET THE FUCK OUT OF THERE!

DededeCloneChris

She likes your brother more than she does to you.

I know, that sounds harsh. D: