News:

<+Clu> was cute sure but it doesnt even mention homosexuality

Main Menu

So Is It Explained? (Kingdom Hearts)

Started by JrDude, January 16, 2011, 03:19:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JrDude

As you probably know, a human-like Nobody is created when someone with a strong heart becomes a heartless. Just about every time, the Nobody looks a good deal amount like their original heart-filled person, like hair color and similar style of hair. But why does Roxas look nothing like Sora? Instead, he looks like some older dude, Ventus. Why?
Is that ever explained?
I don't own a PSP nor do I plan to ever get one, so I won't play Birth By Sleep any time soon, and a wiki I'm looking at doesn't seem to want to explain it.
[move][/move]
Dude .

The Riddler

Quote from: JrDude 益 on January 16, 2011, 03:19:54 PM
As you probably know, a human-like Nobody is created when someone with a strong heart becomes a heartless. Just about every time, the Nobody looks a good deal amount like their original heart-filled person, like hair color and similar style of hair. But why does Roxas look nothing like Sora? Instead, he looks like some older dude, Ventus. Why?
Is that ever explained?
I don't own a PSP nor do I plan to ever get one, so I won't play Birth By Sleep any time soon, and a wiki I'm looking at doesn't seem to want to explain it.
Aside from hair style, Sora and Roxas have near identical faces, Roxas is just less smiley. And he looks like Ventus 'cause Ventus' heart was inside of Sora when Roxas was created.

Neerb

At the end of Birth By Sleep, Ventus' heart is horribly damaged due to essentially being split in half and merged back together, so it leaves Ventus' body and soul (which are in a state of suspended animation in a secret room in Castle Oblivion). Earlier, before the events of the game, the newborn but bright heart of Sora had helped Ventus' heart heal in a similar situation, so when Ventus heart has no where else to go, it seeks out the friendly light source of Sora, and Sora accepts it as a temporary vessel. It was because Sora had Ventus' heart in Kingdom Hearts 1 that Sora was able to wield the Keyblade when Riku's heart was not strong enough to accept it, although eventually Sora's heart becomes strong enough on its own so that he can take the keyblade back after Riku steals it.
So, Roxas looks like Ventus because Sora was holding Ventus' heart.

Now, here's my theory:
As we saw in Kingdom Hearts, Sora stabs himself in order to unlock Kairi's heart (which was hidden in him), and in the process releases his own heart as well, which creates Roxas. However, he also released Ventus' heart, which immediately sought shelter inside of the newly formed Roxas. In a way, this means that Roxas wasn't really a Nobody, as he was created as Sora's Nobody, but he actually contains Ventus' heart.

Once again, Roxas being the carrier of Ventus' heart isn't necessarily fact (as far as I know); however, it does explain:
-why Roxas looks like Ventus (after all, Sora was holding Kairi's heart when he stabbed himself, but Roxas doesn't look like Kairi)
-why Roxas has no memory of his past life even though everyone else does (he was using Ventus' heart, which was still damaged, resulting in near-brain-dead activity during his first days of life and then a lack of memories during his later days of life)
-why Roxas seems to have emotions (everyone else purposely fakes having emotions; Roxas' emotions, however, seem to be real)
-why Roxas can wield a keyblade (you must have a heart to do so; this also explains how, during Chain of Memories, both Sora and Roxas can wield the blade at the same time: Sora wields his, but Roxas is actually wielding Ventus', albeit in the form of Sora's)

JrDude

To my understanding, Roxas has no memories of his past life because Sora regains his normal form with the help of Kairi. Nobodies have memories because the original is gone and a Heartless, and remain a Heartless. Since Sora wasn't a Heartless anymore, Roxas had no memories.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Neerb

Hmm, the wikia seems to agree with that more or less. The wikia also suggests that Sora existing separately from Roxas is the source of his "real" emotion, claiming that because the real person exists at the same time as the nobody, the nobody contains "half of their essence," including what it's like to have a heart. This would make sense, as during Chain of Memories, Sora does the same thing by "remembering" memories that only Roxas has experienced.

I still think that Ventus' heart may have actually been in Roxas, though.

JrDude

Quote from: Sora on January 16, 2011, 08:59:07 PM
Hmm, the wikia seems to agree with that more or less. The wikia also suggests that Sora existing separately from Roxas is the source of his "real" emotion, claiming that because the real person exists at the same time as the nobody, the nobody contains "half of their essence," including what it's like to have a heart. This would make sense, as during Chain of Memories, Sora does the same thing by "remembering" memories that only Roxas has experienced.

I still think that Ventus' heart may have actually been in Roxas, though.
Most Wiki's are done by amateurs, so you could be right, or they could be right.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Magnum

You're right Neerb. Roxas does contain Ventus' heart. And when you think deep into it, it explains a lot in the series.

Chain of Memories is really a HUGE part in the series, since it puts the staple of memories in it. When you have the characters such as Axel say that he feels emotions near Roxas, it's because Ventus and Lea (Axel) were friends, so his memories are going into Axel, giving him the illusion of feelings. Also, when the Heartless and Nobody are destroyed, the human comes back. With Sora returned to normal thanks to Kairi, Roxas was able to form with him again without having to get destroyed, therefore letting Ventus' heart back at rest. Also, because of Ventus' weakened heart, and Sora's return immediately, Roxas was unable to remember his past life, because he had 2 separate ones. Roxas' ability to hold 2 keyblades. One is from Ventus, the other from Xion (or whoever the intercourse  this was, I never played 358/2).

Really, the series would make little sense otherwise.

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

Neerb

Aw, really? You should definitely play 358/2 Days when you get the chance; it has a really involving story, good gameplay (basically like 1, but mission-based, and spells use individual ammo instead of a refillable magic gauge), and the mission mode lets you play as any organization member you want (plus Sora, Riku, Xion, Donald, Goofy, and Mickey, once you unlock them). Multiplayer's fun, too.

Magnum

I'll get it eventually. My DS was stolen a long time ago, and I finally got a new one. So I've never had a chance or cared since I just looked up spoilers already.

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

JrDude

BTW, I love how the story didn't ended up making Sora "The Chosen One," I like how it's basically just "It was meant for this chosen dude, but you were in the right places at the right time so you got it instead."
[move][/move]
Dude .

Neerb

Yeah, it's cool how he basically has to earn it for himself.

Of course, NOW the entire universe is relying on him, so it's not like he's still just an islander who was at the wrong place at the right time.

By the way, BBS explains WHY Sora and Riku were caught up in it in the first place, so if you don't know the story yet, check it out or play the game.

JrDude

Quote from: Sora on January 19, 2011, 06:15:33 PM
Yeah, it's cool how he basically has to earn it for himself.

Of course, NOW the entire universe is relying on him, so it's not like he's still just an islander who was at the wrong place at the right time.

By the way, BBS explains WHY Sora and Riku were caught up in it in the first place, so if you don't know the story yet, check it out or play the game.
I was gonna wait a bit and watch a playthrough (No commentary) on YouTube. I hope to find someone who doesn't skip cutscenes and is actually good at the game, haven't really started looking yet but yeah.
[move][/move]
Dude .

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: JrDude 益 on January 19, 2011, 06:54:14 PM
I was gonna wait a bit and watch a playthrough (No commentary) on YouTube. I hope to find someone who doesn't skip cutscenes and is actually good at the game, haven't really started looking yet but yeah.
In that case, let me give you my favorite BBS gamer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5tMOoFUFmA&feature=related
This link will directly start you in Terra's story in the correct storyline sequence.

He plays in Critical Mode, doesn't skip cutscenes, has awesome finishers... You name it. He'll keep you entertained. And besides, he started the Boo Ray fad. :)

JrDude

I'm busy right now so I'm not even checking yet but does he do commentary? Actually I don't mind commentary, just as long as it's not during the cutscenes (unless he's reading the cutscenes that don't have voice acting in them, then I don't mind), I hate it when people talk over cutscenes during a playthrough.
[move][/move]
Dude .

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: JrDude 益 on January 19, 2011, 11:49:01 PM
I'm busy right now so I'm not even checking yet but does he do commentary? Actually I don't mind commentary, just as long as it's not during the cutscenes (unless he's reading the cutscenes that don't have voice acting in them, then I don't mind), I hate it when people talk over cutscenes during a playthrough.
No voice whatsoever. He only puts comments in the description to say what he does with equipment.