News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

New Pokemon Discussion

Started by Macawmoses, April 26, 2011, 06:11:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kayo

Quote from: Macawmoses on April 26, 2011, 08:20:18 PM
The first would be, essentially, a single battery.

But I can see it progressing quite easily. Compare a car battery (which gets Acid leaks regularly enough) to a single AA battery. There's a clear progression [don't anyone dare bring up the scientific differences] in size and output.
I personally don't understand the idea of a car battery pokemon... wouldn't it be completely immobile? Unless you want to give it some form of locomotion (feet?) but I don't know what. (wheels?)
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Macawmoses

Not necessarily. I don't recall Rotom's Fridge/Oven forms being immobile. More so, it's not like there aren't other logical inconsistencies. Charmander fighting on water comes to mind.

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Kondor on April 26, 2011, 08:28:47 PM
I personally don't understand the idea of a car battery pokemon... wouldn't it be completely immobile? Unless you want to give it some form of locomotion (feet?) but I don't know what. (wheels?)

We have pokemon based on plants, trashbags, and ice cream cones. I don't think there's an issue here.

The Riddler

Quote from: Kondor on April 26, 2011, 08:15:45 PM
...That sounds terrible. What can a battery do? Sounds way too much like a basic form to me.

Cell Batteries, Cylinder Batteries, 9-Volt Batteries, etc.
Like Mack said, Car batteries.

Quote from: Kondor on April 26, 2011, 08:28:47 PM
Rotom's alt formes are the instant trump to that one.
Edit: And what Looker said. I couldn't find the right words for it. My original post had "Geodude is a intercourse ing floating rock."

JrDude

Now, that pic helps put it all together in my mind, from the pic Rob showed
I think it should be a energizer, Golden power (but a little bigger) then Panasonic. Doesn't even look steel with those batteries.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Zero

Or maybe it could simply evolve into things that operate on batteries? lol

I suppose the leaking trait only works if its an acid battery. intercourse .

FruitFlow

This sort of reminds of Magnemite and Klink.
If you guys are that concerned about the evolution you could always just attach extra batteries during each evolution process. Cell Battery, AA Battery and AAA Battery./sarcasm

In all seriousness though, we've had dozens of inanimate object based pokemon that also made no sense, so I don't find anything wrong with the battery idea.
It's typing on the other hand is quite questionable though.

-If it's going for Steel/Poison we could give it the "Static" ability.
-If it's Steel/Electric it could have "Poison Touch/Point". (The design could have a few jagged parts around it's body with dry acid/corrosion)
-If it's Electric/Poison it's ability could be "Magnet Pull/Iron Barbs" (With jagged metal surfaces on it's body)

Steel, Poison and Electric are the only 3 typings that would make sense with this, so basically what I'm trying to say here is if it has 2 out of the 3 above typings, the ability should go along with whatever the left out typing.

"Static" if it's not part of the Electric-type, "Poison Touch/Point" if it's not part of the Poison-type and "Magnet Pull/Iron Barbs" if it's not part of the Steel-type.

This is just my opinion on the typing.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Kayo

Quote from: Riddler21 on April 26, 2011, 08:36:22 PM
Rotom's alt formes are the instant trump to that one.
Edit: And what Looker said. I couldn't find the right words for it. My original post had "Geodude is a intercourse ing floating rock."
Rotom is also part Ghost type.. or was in Generation IV. And it has the levitate ability. I'm just saying if we want to make it mobile, we need a way to do it.

SUDDENLY IDEA. We could always give it the Levitate ability and make it a floating battery. Type wise, that would remove a 4x weakness to Ground that the type would give it. I'm all for this idea.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Macawmoses

Why would a battery, of all things, get levitate? I'm just incredibly curious. That, and I think one is pushing it enough (Eelektross).

Kayo

Quote from: Macawmoses on April 27, 2011, 12:36:38 PM
Why would a battery, of all things, get levitate? I'm just incredibly curious. That, and I think one is pushing it enough (Eelektross).
What other form of locomotion could a battery have? Magnemite levitates (though it doesn't have the ability) and Eelektross was just given the levitate ability because GameFreak noticed this incredibly obvious way to make a Pokémon have no abilities that they've never used before. If you're talking about an Electric Pokémon immune to Ground, we've had more than one. Zapdos, Emolga, and Thundurus are all immune to Ground. I just don't see what you're talking about on the "one is pushing it enough" thing.. I really don't.
[move][/move]

The Riddler

Quote from: Kondor on April 27, 2011, 01:32:43 PM
What other form of locomotion could a battery have? Magnemite levitates (though it doesn't have the ability) and Eelektross was just given the levitate ability because GameFreak noticed this incredibly obvious way to make a Pokémon have no abilities that they've never used before. If you're talking about an Electric Pokémon immune to Ground, we've had more than one. Zapdos, Emolga, and Thundurus are all immune to Ground. I just don't see what you're talking about on the "one is pushing it enough" thing.. I really don't.
It's a battery. It rolls.

Kayo

Quote from: Riddler21 on April 27, 2011, 01:44:03 PM
It's a battery. It rolls.
I really don't like it. Rolling its entire body should NOT be a primary form or locomotion. Especially if we wanted to put a face on the side.
[move][/move]

Macawmoses

Kayo

Quote from: Macawmoses on April 27, 2011, 02:59:07 PM
Poor Voltorb.
Ball =/= battery. It's just so much more awkward with a battery rolling. The evolved form at least should levitate; if the battery is "leaking" it would work on the ground, but eh.
[move][/move]

The Riddler

None of the Cocoon based Pokemon move. Metapod, Kakuna, Silcoon, Cascoon, Pupitar.