News:

<+Ice> i have a dildo factory line run by old women in my garage

Main Menu

Jobs - Work - Volunteer Work

Started by The Riddler, March 05, 2010, 03:14:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Riddler

Just wondering how many of our users have jobs.
If they don't have jobs, do they work at all?
How about volunteer work?

Tell us your experiences :O

As far as I can remember I've worked at my dad's print shop, but it's not my job, whenever they need an extra hand I go in and help out for 10 dollars an hour off the books. :3
I used to volunteer at my church, but I'm not religious anymore, so I strayed from that.
My first job was at 15, at McDonalds, but I quit cause I realized how dirty it was.
I worked at a pizza shop at 16 as the counter boy, but got fired since I was the only person under 18 and they didn't need me.
My current job is a Delivery Driver for a Pizza/Hero place. 5 dollars an hour off the books, but tips more than make up for that.

AND NOW: Off to work for me. See you all tonight.

L10

I've never had a job, but I was part of my school's Key Club last year.

I don't really feel like typing everything I did out right now(because I should be doing my history project)

But uhh, I got an award for being the most dedicated member....
0o!f

Mystic

I've done volunteer work at a local Classy Rack.

Magnum

Jobs - Construction
Work - Grandma when she was selling her house
Volunteer - Nothing I can remember

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

Dog Food

I've been helping an old widow learn how to use the computer (for free, obviously). I stopped during summer because I got a job as staff at a summer camp, but I'm going to start again as soon as I finish driving school.

But besides camp, I haven't done any paid work. Lots of volunteering (working at a veteran's home, etc), but I don't want a job until I can drive legally alone.
I get obsessively manic over things. It's a problem.

Anarchy_Jas

Right now I work at the White Castle that's by my house. It's my first job, and I started a month ago. My shift starts in an hour so I should be getting ready... Other than this, when I go to Tae Kwon Do on Saturdays, I show up two hours earlier to kinda help out with the beginning classes.
"I know they hope I fall, but tell 'em winning is my muthaeffin protocol."

BOREDFOREVER

Quote from: Mystic on March 05, 2010, 06:47:19 PM
I've done volunteer work at a local Classy Rack.
Clothing pantry or Strip club?

Right now I'm working in the box office of a theatre called Starlight.

Past jobs:

Worked at an amusement park called Worlds of Fun in the warehouse and it's waterpark counterpart Oceans of Fun renting out plastic tubes.

A buffett/ steakhouse called Ponderosa waiting tables and some back-up in the kitchen.

A lightboard operator for a theatre.

A Target sales associate.

Forklift operation and maintainence at Starlight.

Stocker/Checker/ Dairy & Frozen manager at a grocery store.

A mutual fund and corporate security representative at a very large transfer agency.  Could've parleyed it into a job as a broker if I hadn't hated it so much.  You try explaining qualified retirement plan tax law to a seventy year olds all day and you'll get a taste of it.

Doing Improv comedy at bars.

In college for my work study I did set construction.

And my internship was to produce a One Act Play festival.

I think that's it.  Right now I'm in the middle of a very long application process for a new job.  It started with about 100 people in January, and now I'm in the top twenty vying for two positions.  Until that comes through, I'm going to go back to operations at the Theatre.

My favorite jobs are the ones with Theatres, although if I get the one I'm applying for will probably be my new favorite and my life-long career if I get it, and it has nothing to do with theatre.

Mystic