Switch Crisis - Another NSF Werewolf [Finished!] (Uhh...wow. Again?)

Started by SkyMyl, January 21, 2011, 06:25:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkyMyl

"Yeah...nothing is different at all. Same old life, nothing different at all."

For MYL, life was as dull and boring as it could possibly be. Nothing eventful ever happened in the village he lived in, save for periods where a majority of the village would leave for other lands, to visit relatives and friends. Unfortunately for him, it would be another week before everyone would come back from such a vacation period, in Febuary. The people left in the village, himself included, were only there to make sure no harm came of the village. "What's the point of keeping us here if nothing bad ever happens, anyway?", he thought.

He stared outside his window at the melting snow, in an effort to amuse himself while waiting for a download on his computer to finish. As he was watching every particle of snow melt into water from the sun's radiating heat, he felt a chill down his spine, almost as if he was being watched. He turned around, and as usual, there was nothing behind him. He continued to stare at his window when his phone suddenly began to go off. He reached inside his pocket and pulled it out, accepting the call.

"Howdy, you've just reached the line of unemployment. If I can help y-"

"MYL, we've got a situation! I just found Night dead inside his house!"

"What!? How'd he die?"

"Well...you aren't going to believe this, but from the way this bloody mess of a scene looks...he committed suicide. I'm also staring at the carcass of what appears to be a werewolf, right in front of him. He's slumped beside his sofa, with a shotgun lying right beside him."

"Damn...he killed a werewolf and offed himself? But...why?"

"Just come on over, please. Bring the other villagers with you, too! *click*"

MYL threw his phone onto his bed and smirked with satisfaction. A werewolf sighting...something that, for some reason, felt all too familiar to him, but still felt so new that he was ready for another adventure. He donned his baseball cap and jacket, and ran outside. It was the start of another incident.

Just like my previous werewolf, phenomenal, groundbreaking storytelling is not my goal. I'm not shooting for anything that takes more than five minutes to read, either, so this shouldn't be Xenosaga 4: Guns of the Patriots level length, hopefully.

Welcome readers, and welcome to another one of NSF's werewolves, this time one that isn't so reliant on the foundation set by a previous WW to step above it. No, I'm not going to start pulling a Mack and adding all sorts of convoluted roles, but it's not going to be as fueled by previous WW's as Determination was. I'd also like to point out that NSF technically had another WW in the works, but sign-ups never got filled and the host...kinda forgot about this place. That aside, let's get started here.

This WW is going to have a grand total of 10 players, which should be enough slots for our small site. The only thing that is different from Determination, save for some of the roles, is voting. Instead of PMing me your votes, you guys are going to post your votes during the Day Phase lynchings. Partially because this is different, partially due to some player preference. With all that said, let's get some of the rules out of the way for this WW.

This game's guidelines

• Players aren't permitted to post quotes of anything I said in a PM regarding this game. I'm not as strict about this as other hosts, but there's still going to be a penalty if you quote something by text or by screencap.
  • Whoever has the most amount of votes by the end of the day phase will be lynched. If there's a tie in the votes, there will be a tiebreaker via coin flip.
  • Day phase votes can be changed at any time whatsoever, unless you say something akin to "Final vote: X person".

Nothing much has changed from the last time, other than the method of voting and, of course, the roles. So if you know how to play a werewolf, awesome, you're set to go. We don't have any new members that seem to be interested in werewolves, so I think it'll just be veterans this go around.

• Thirdkoopa (Died Night Phase 2 by the vigilante, was the Grand Thief)
  • Dawnwolfnxhoj
  • Tiger Barb/Shujinco (Died Night Phase 3 by the vigilante, was the last werewolf)
  • So_So_Man
  • Light (Elvaan Paladin/Vigilante, could kill anyone during the night phase)
  • Dullahan/Rayquarian (Died Day Phase 1, was a werewolf.)
  • Culex/Silver (Died Day Phase 2, was The Operator
  • JRose/J (Alex Kralie, can't be lynched.)
  • KJ (White Mage, could revive any person)
  • Mace/Mack
  • Kayo/Kianglo (Died Night Phase 1 at the hands of a vigilante, and was revived on Night Phase 3. Was the Sage.)
  • Magnum (Sentinel, can survive being attacked directly)

Ending requirements:

Good End: The townspeople are the only party remaining.
Neutral End: The werewolves are the last party standing at the end.
Bad End: The evil third-party role (of which there is one) kills everyone.

Just post below to sign up, and once we've got a full roster, we're set to go on another WW after an absence of such games for near 5 months...by the way, I've got absolutely nothing against Night.

SkyMyl

Day Phase 1: Ray was lynched by 4 votes, and was a werewolf.
Night Phase 1: Magnum, the Sentinel, survived a werewolf attack. Kayo, on the other hand, died by the hands of the vigilante, and was the Sage.
Day Phase 2: Silver was lynched by 3 votes, and was the evil third-party role, The Operator.
Night Phase 2: TK, the Grand Thief, died by the fist of the vigilante. The werewolf tried to kill TK, but arrived after he was killed.
Day Phase 3: J was unanimously voted off to die, but due to his role, Alex Kralie, he could not be lynched as he had proof of his innocence.
Night Phase 3: Shuj, the final werewolf, tried to kill KJ, the White Mage, but died at the fist of Light, who was the Elvaan Paladin.
Conclusion chapter: ...?

SkyMyl

I like to be an organized host so that's why I'm triple posting.

You guys (read as TK) can go ahead now, because I'm done now.

Thirdkoopa

i'll join just because you asked

i need to stop forgetting about here
[21:11] <mackormoses> let's take a look at today's stats
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> stats today are high
[21:11] <mackormoses> holy intercourse ing poop
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> you adding all these standards
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> is really pushing us [/quote]
Quote from: JrDude φ on May 31, 2010, 08:32:13 PM
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

dawnwolfNxhoj

Shujinco2

SkyMyl

Quote from: Tiger Barb on January 22, 2011, 07:00:38 PM
There A$RE going to be roles right?

I'll join.
A werewolf without roles? I've never heard of such a game, Shuj.

So_So_Man

Light

Holy crap all my sigs were always poop. Best leave this space alone.

Rayquarian

You mere mortals have no chance!  I'll destroy you all with Fulminous Edge.  Place me on that list, mortal.

Silverhawk79

jnfs2014

Dog Food

I get obsessively manic over things. It's a problem.

Macawmoses

Magnum

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change