News:

UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

Ace Attorney - In Law's Hands

Started by Dog Food, September 09, 2010, 03:39:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dog Food

Another generic choose-your-path adventure lawyer game! Except this one is generically different! But not really.

Ace Attorney - In Law's Hands
You are Amy Law, a new and upcoming lawyer. Navigate through the world, solve crime, and make your way to the top of the justice food chain. Or choose another path for yourself. But be careful how you lead your life, because everything has consequences, as you may very well find out.

Quick note: When an option is given that you get to control, it's there for a reason (no matter how unnecessary it may seem). Each action will effect something - whether it be relationships with other characters, your career, or even your own personality... only time will tell.

CURRENT PART:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

COURT RECORD
Attorney's Badge - As long as this shines on, I have a right to yell "Objection!" in court.
Autopsy Report - The victim, William Gone, was hit in the head with a blunt object. He died immediately. Approximate time of death is between 2:30 and 3:00 PM.
Candlestick - The murder weapon. It looks pretty heavy. [Examine]
Crumpled Paper - I found this on the ground in the lobby. Maybe it'll come in handy...? [Examine]
Floor Map - Submitted by Payne. It shows the victim's home and where he died.

Profiles
Amy Law - That's me. I'm 21 and a greenhorn defense attorney.
Apollo Justice - My mentor. He's only got a year under his belt, and at 23, he's already a famous lawyer.
Kay Faraday - The defendant. She's a friend of a friend of a friend, apparently. About my age.
William Gone - The victim. He worked for Whitmore & Co, a pretty famous paper company.
Payne - An old man they put in front of new defense attorneys. He always acts cocky even though he's constantly defeated by beginners.

Turnabout Prelude
Prologue
[spoiler=Part One][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Part Two][/spoiler]
Trial - Day One
[spoiler=Part I][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Part II][/spoiler]
I get obsessively manic over things. It's a problem.

Rayquarian

SECOND OPTION SECOND OPTION

It sounds better than the other two.

Eizweir

3rd option *as innocently as possible*
http://steamcommunity.com/id/xluxaeternax

formerly: Marth Xero, Xero, Roy Khan, Diego Armando, Lux Aeterna, and more I forget it was like 11 years ago jeeze

SkyMyl

No, we must go for the first option.

Dog Food

Oh goodie, a three-way tie.

I'll give this a day before I flip a three-sided coin.

jnfs2014

bluaki

Tiebreaker post
Quote from: Rayquarian on September 09, 2010, 04:06:29 PM
SECOND OPTION SECOND OPTION

It sounds better than the other two.
seconded

Also, can you use some color other than that shade of grey for the box backgrounds? It looks awful and hard to read :x

Dog Food

Part Two of the Prelude:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

I changed the background color slightly. Although I don't have many choices, since I'm going to be utilizing most of the colors throughout the game.

And the next part will be the beginning of your first court trial. Exciting, right?

Rayquarian

Toss it
Pocket it.  It's obviously important, because the main character said it wasn't important.

Dog Food

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Okay, here's how a court battle works. You may PRESS the witness or PRESENT evidence at any time during the TESTIMONY sequences. For example, if you said, "Press witness at panel #1", that would coincide with the first panel of the TESTIMONY sequence.

The COURT RECORD in my first post shows the evidence that you currently hold. You may also EXAMINE certain evidence further, if you wish.

Your health gauge is filled at the moment: *****. Once all five asterisks are gone, you lose the case. So be careful and be smart.

Mystic

Dog Food

Quote from: PIKACHU010 on September 12, 2010, 03:41:20 PM
Press witness at panel #2.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

You can refer back to the main "comic" and continue to pick through the witness's testimony.

bluaki

Present autopsy report at message #4

(Though I hate when the game does things like this, where you know the point you want to make but it only accepts objections to one of the two messages that seem appropriate. And then sometimes the objection you want to make isn't even valid until the next cross-examination for no apparent reason.)

Dog Food

Quote from: bluaki on September 13, 2010, 01:25:06 PM
Present autopsy report at message #4

(Though I hate when the game does things like this, where you know the point you want to make but it only accepts objections to one of the two messages that seem appropriate. And then sometimes the objection you want to make isn't even valid until the next cross-examination for no apparent reason.)
I hate that, too. I've gotten so many points taken off presenting evidence that makes total sense to me, and I can link it perfectly to the situation, but apparently it isn't exactly right. But I see why they do that, and my version probably won't fix that issue.

Anyway, without further ado... The next installment:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

By the way, the floor map has  been added to your Court Record.

So_So_Man