News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

Determination: An NSF Werewolf - The Conclusion Chapter - Yes I'm serious.

Started by SkyMyl, July 25, 2010, 12:55:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkyMyl

One evening, SkyMyl got bored. He'd grown tired of living his small, humble life. He'd finished every game he owned, after a long period of time, and he didn't feel like staying inside, doing little to nothing. There was something he wanted...

...he craved adventure. Events that would best be described by the words "interesting" or "exciting" weren't taking place in this small, hapless town. He felt like running off to go on his own adventure, despite the obvious reasons why he could not do such a thing.

Suddenly, as if to give the boy incentive to stay, a woman's shriek pierced the dead silence of the night. MYL's first course of action was to jump, startled by the scream. Immediately proceeding the scream, he heard gunshots. Rather foolishly, his reaction was to look outside the window, something I wouldn't ever advise doing if you hear gunshots. Regardless, he found something...rather interesting.

The woman that produced such a startling scream was now lying on the street, in a pool of her own blood. Right beside her lay a giant furry dog, and a few yards from that dog stood a man, looking like he just came out of a zombie apocalypse, wearing blue, denim jeans, a "Brooklyn Cyclones" baseball cap, a yellow shirt...and in his hand was a shotgun. The long silence that followed this event was broken by that man, with only a few words that gave MYL a grin on his face.

"...so, Werewolves really do exist."

Before anyone rips on my storytelling, let me just say that producing the most epic WW story ever is not my goal. I'm not going to be KJ or Mack and over describe everything, thereby producing massive walls of text. Note how that didn't take you four minutes to read, unlike something from Mack, KJ, or TK.

Anyway, I've always said that I wanted to make a Werewolf for years now. I may as well start fresh and simple with Determination. It's intermission based, but that's primarily because KJ is going on vacation in a few days (At the time of this post), meaning her werewolf won't be tended to. This should quench the thirst of you WW players...at least, I hope it will. As of this NEW post, KJ is here and is participating in the werewolf.

This is going to be your basic werewolf, with nothing special or groundbreaking. Because of that, it'll be very basic (derp). In fact, 80% of this can be attributed to one werewolf here on NSFCD. Veteran WW players should know the one I'm talking about.

With that, let's move on. This werewolf is going to have fourteentenEleven players. ThreeTwo of those fourteenteneleven are werewolves, threeone areis a delusional, paranoid townspeopletownie (Think vampiresvigilante but more comedic), and the remaining amount are ordinary townsfolk. Some (all) of the townsfolk have a special ability that can be used to survive, but I'm sure most of you knew that.

Each round consists of two phases, the Day Phase, and the Night phase.

In the Day Phase: Every player votes for someone they think is a werewolf, and should be lynched. Unlike...certain werewolves, we'll be voting the traditional way. By PMing me the name of the person you want offed.

In the Night Phase: The werewolves discuss amongst themselves who they want to kill, and PM me with their vote.
The delusional, paranoid townsperson (Who shall now be referred to as a fanboy from this point forward) talks to his pet basketball mufflederp, and PMs me with who he wants to kill during the Night Phase.
Special abilities can be used, if you so choose.

DA RULES:

• At no point is a player allowed to quote something I said in a PM. AT ALL. I'm more mellow about this than others, but this will still result in a penalty.
  • Werewolves discuss their kills and occurrences by PMs.
  • Whoever has the most votes will be lynched during the Day Phase. If the result ends in a tie, I'll execute a tiebreaker. No "X amount of votes to be lynched" bullpoop.
  • Votes (in Day Phases) can be changed at any time, unless you specify that your vote is final, and once you include that, your vote will be locked and can't be changed.

Ending requirements:
BAD END: The villagers fail to kill all the werewolves.
BITTERSWEET END: The fanboy is the last remaining person in the town.
GOOD END: The villagers manage to kill the werewolves and off the fanboy. (This is the ending that we ended up reaching)

With that, just post stating your desire to join in another game of werewolf. If anyone's got questions, feel free to ask.

Players:
1: Thirdkoopa, the Double Dipper. Killed on Night Phase 1.
2: Jason Rose (JNFS), the Doppelganger
3: Mace (MackorMoses), one of two werewolves. Lynched on Day Phase 2.
4: Barbaloot (Shujinco), the Doctor. Killed on Night Phase 1.
5: Spud (EvilSpud), the Neet/Mystic.
6: Night (Night the Lucario), the Masters
7: Thánatos (Rayquarian), the final werewolf
8: So_So_Man, the fanboy. Died by Light's awesome on Night Phase 2.
9: Light, the Demolitions Expert, died on Night Phase 2.
10: Missingno, the Tetris Block/Roleblocker
11: KJ, the Composer/Seer.

If veteran players, and the creator of the WW I'm ripping off, can't tell where the "inspiration" came from, then you all probably forgot. Since the game is done now, behold.

Regardless, it's Day Phase 1! Discuss the game, speculate, and most importantly, have fun. And yes, I encourage discussion about the game here. It's no fun making a thread for a game of werewolf if no one is going to really talk. If that was the case, I would've organized people to do this in IRC.

SkyMyl

Yes, I even been as far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like, to the point where I made a whole other topic. That's how serious I am.

Regardless, it's Day Phase 1! PM me with your votes while you get excited over your roles. Again, don't quote any of the information you were PMed publicly, or I'll have to go Yuka Kazami on your ass.

Day Phase 1 ends 9 PM EST, tomorrow. That's Monday, July 26th, 9:00 PM EST. Once all the votes have been received, Day Phase 1 ends automatically, and once I get the results/story up, we'll proceed to Night Phase 1.

Night the Lucario

Alright, alright, I think we get it, Sky! Let's get on with the offing of people, then!
When one lives by the pen, one dies by the angry characters you misused. But it's too much fun not to!
Forsooth, I AM insane! FEAR ME, YE MORTALS, OR DESPAIR AT MY INSANITY! *insane cackling*
Ahem. Anyone have an RP? I need an outlet for my randomness. ;D
Think another thought, dream another dream, live another lie.
I'm writing poetry. Anyone have a request?
I'm Night the Lucario. Although that should be obvious. Just look at the sig. Or title and PT.

Thirdkoopa

I have a feeling we're going to screw ourselves over badly on Day 1 and Spud will find some cunning way to win.
[21:11] <mackormoses> let's take a look at today's stats
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> stats today are high
[21:11] <mackormoses> holy intercourse ing poop
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> you adding all these standards
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> is really pushing us [/quote]
Quote from: JrDude φ on May 31, 2010, 08:32:13 PM
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

Night the Lucario

When one lives by the pen, one dies by the angry characters you misused. But it's too much fun not to!
Forsooth, I AM insane! FEAR ME, YE MORTALS, OR DESPAIR AT MY INSANITY! *insane cackling*
I'm Night the Lucario. Although that should be obvious. Just look at the sig. Or title and PT.

SkyMyl

Quote from: Night the Lucario on July 25, 2010, 01:44:20 PM
Alright, alright, I think we get it, Sky! Let's get on with the offing of people, then!
There are werewolves where everyone was confused as to what time the Day Phases ended.

Night the Lucario

Yes. Technically three. Although one would come up as Innocent if anyone bothers to scry for them, won't they? By which I mean Fanboy, naturally.

As for when the day phase ended, couldn't you simply declare it over at some point?

SkyMyl

Quote from: Night the Lucario on July 25, 2010, 02:25:48 PM
Yes. Technically three. Although one would come up as Innocent if anyone bothers to scry for them, won't they? By which I mean Fanboy, naturally.

As for when the day phase ended, couldn't you simply declare it over at some point?
Night, when I said werewolves, I was talking about the werewolf games in the past, and not the werewolves in this game.

And yes I could, but that wouldn't be fair if I did it that way, now would it?

Night the Lucario

Oh. Well then. Um. Alright.

Well, if you declared it over at give or take the same time every night, YES.

SkyMyl

Night the Lucario

Will we get to find out his identity upon the conclusion of this phase?

SkyMyl

Quote from: Night the Lucario on July 25, 2010, 05:32:24 PM
Will we get to find out his identity upon the conclusion of this phase?
No.

Also, I'm appalled at the players who have voted and have yet to post. I'd bullpoop a rule about your votes not counting if you don't post, but that's just bullpoop.

Night the Lucario

Yup. It is. Oh, you know what you could do instead? Force people to reveal who they're voting for. That would make people post here.

SkyMyl

Quote from: Night the Lucario on July 25, 2010, 05:39:54 PM
Yup. It is. Oh, you know what you could do instead? Force people to reveal who they're voting for. That would make people post here.
As mainstream and modern as that is, this particular werewolf is returning to its roots.

Of course, I'm not saying "baww no ones posting post more intercourse ers activity is dead i quit", like a certain someone else. I'll be satisfied if everyone's having fun with this and if they remember it exists in the first place.