News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

Let's talk, guys.

Started by Custom, February 13, 2011, 07:03:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rayquarian

At least Serperior has a really awesome Dream World ability.  But yeah, Game Freak needs to stop giving all their love to the fire starter.

Kayo

Quote from: Dullahan on February 14, 2011, 02:32:18 PM
At least Serperior has a really awesome Dream World ability.  But yeah, Game Freak needs to stop giving all their love to the fire starter.
Yeah, but sadly only one move that takes advantage of it (Leaf Storm), at least for the idea I had in mind. INCREASING POWER LEAF STORM ON TOP OF A BADASS SPEED STAT YEAHHHHHHHHH!

Maybe it'll get Superpower or something when the move tutors of this generation come along.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

FruitFlow

Quote from: Kayo on February 13, 2011, 11:17:27 PM
Also Emboar gets Reckless from the Dream World. For those who don't know, it powers up recoil moves. Head Smash, Flare Blitz, Wild Charge... yeah, tons of power there. But max HP is needed. But reaching 424 HP is amazing. In addition to Curse + Gyro Ball, that thing has more potential than the other starters. In fact, it might be the best Curse + Gyro Ball user in the game.
Yes. But that also raises the damage taken from recoils.
That would cause him to SD at a much faster rating.
Maybe a Lefties Set would be viable in that situation?

Also, I believe Steelix is the one that holds the best Curse + Gyro Ball combo in the games, due to STAB and much slower speed compared to Emboar.
Steelix also has more time to set up with a base 200 Defense and mediocre HP, But he'll more than likely need TR support for a fresh start.

I may be wrong, but every Steelix I've come across had that combination and it was pretty deadly.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Kayo

Quote from: Negative Vibes on February 16, 2011, 06:08:37 PM
Yes. But that also raises the damage taken from recoils.
That would cause him to SD at a much faster rating.
Maybe a Lefties Set would be viable in that situation?

Also, I believe Steelix is the one that holds the best Curse + Gyro Ball combo in the games, due to STAB and much slower speed compared to Emboar.
Steelix also has more time to set up with a base 200 Defense and mediocre HP, But he'll more than likely need TR support for a fresh start.

I may be wrong, but every Steelix I've come across had that combination and it was pretty deadly.
That's why he has huge HP to absorb shock from the recoil damage. Also Steelix has lower attack and HP and will likely be KO'd by Surf quicker than Emboar. I don't know the numbers exactly though.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Neerb

Quote from: Kayo on February 14, 2011, 03:54:14 PM
Yeah, but sadly only one move that takes advantage of it (Leaf Storm), at least for the idea I had in mind. INCREASING POWER LEAF STORM ON TOP OF A BADASS SPEED STAT YEAHHHHHHHHH!

Maybe it'll get Superpower or something when the move tutors of this generation come along.

Quote from Serebii regarding that ability: "Moves used on the Pokemon that raise stats lower the stats, while the moves that lower the stats raise the stat"

Note, "Moves used on the Pokemon." Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this only works on outside sources of stat alteration, like Sand Attack raises Serperior's accuracy and Swagger lowers his Attack. Moves that he uses himself, like Leaf Storm, still do what they always do.

Kayo

Quote from: Neerb on February 16, 2011, 06:37:46 PM
Quote from Serebii regarding that ability: "Moves used on the Pokemon that raise stats lower the stats, while the moves that lower the stats raise the stat"

Note, "Moves used on the Pokemon." Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this only works on outside sources of stat alteration, like Sand Attack raises Serperior's accuracy and Swagger lowers his Attack. Moves that he uses himself, like Leaf Storm, still do what they always do.
No, I saw somewhere that it "includes moves used by the pokemon"

Source coming soon. Here:

Quote from: bulbapediaAll moves or abilities that would normally increase a stat will decrease it, and ones that would normally decrease a stat will increase it. This also applies to self-inflicted moves, such as Charge Beam, Close Combat and Leaf Storm.

Now, we all know that the folks at Bulbapedia are complete tightasses. They don't add anything that's not proven. I've tried. (._. )
[move][/move]

Neerb

Nice. How exactly do Light Screen and Reflect factor into this?

Kayo

Quote from: Neerb on February 16, 2011, 07:14:41 PM
Nice. How exactly do Light Screen and Reflect factor into this?
I'm assuming they still raise the stats. Because it affects the whole team, is always positive, and is separate from the stat boost mechanic as far as i know.
[move][/move]