News:

<+Clu> was cute sure but it doesnt even mention homosexuality

Main Menu

Sweet Mother of Pearl!!! I just pwned a Blissey!!!

Started by FruitFlow, September 22, 2010, 06:33:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FruitFlow

Alright, I was at my cousins' house earlier this morning while playing my DS.
I was trading something from my HeartGold to my brother's SoulSilver to easy Level up a pokemon I wanted to transfer to my Diamond.

After we got home, my brother when off to play the 360, so I decided to pop in Diamond and play the Battle Tower like I always do.
I believe I was on my 35th streak, although I'm not 100% certain.

Anyways, as time passed I eventually went up against a Blissey with my Ninetales.
This was actually a doubles battle, so I'll explain how it all went down.

At the start of the match my opponent had a Drapion and a Drifblim which I KO'd with my Aerodactyl and Primeape.

Moving on, my opponent sent out his/her last 2 pokemon which were a Blissey and a Charizard.
Using the power of prediction, I switched out my Primeape and replaced it with my Ninetales, knowing that he would use a fire type move.

TURN 1
-My Aerodactyl uses Stone Edge, but misses the Charizard.
-The foe's Charizard uses flamethrower on my Ninetales which activates the Flash Fire ability giving me a 50% boost in fire type moves.
-The foe's Blissey uses DT, raising its evasion by 1 stage.

TURN 2
-My Aerodactyl uses Stone Edge once again and OHKO's the Charizard.
-My Ninetales uses Nasty Plot, raising Sp. Atk by 2 stages.
-The foe's Blissey uses DT, raising evasion by 2 stages.

TURN 3
-My Aerodactyl uses SE again, but misses.
-My Ninetales uses NP, raising the Sp. Atk Stat by 4 stages.
-The foe's Blissey uses DT, raising it's evasion by 3 stages.

TURN 4
-My Aerodactyl ran out of SE, so it was either a run between Crunch and Earthquake. I went with Crunch clearly as I didn't want to bring harm to my Ninetales. It lands and brings the Blissey's HP near half.
-My Ninetales uses NP, raising the Sp. Atk stat to a maximum of 6 stages.
-The foe's Blissey uses Toxic on my Aerodactyl.

TURN 5
-My Aerodactyl uses Crunch, but misses.
-My Ninetales uses Sunny Day, boosting fire type moves by another 50%. Granting me 100% fire power.
-The foe's Blissey uses Softboiled, fully restoring the HP.

TURN 6
-My Aerodactyl continues to use Crunch and continues to miss.
-My Ninetales uses Overheat, which OHKO'd the Blissey.

I was so stunned I didn't even know what to say after that.

But Flash Fire boost + Sunny Day boost + Max NP boost + Overheat with a base power of 140 + STAB = ???

I'm not good with calculations when it comes to damage input, but if someone could figure it out that would be great.

I'm just curious as to how something with godly HP and Sp. Def values could lose so easily to one special based Atk.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Zero

Good job, that is pretty awesome.

One problem with your calculation though, is that the power boost granted by Flash Fire is lost upon switching out. Overheat at full power is a hell of a move when combined with NP, not to mention that this Blissey may not have been properly EV trained(I'm assuming these trainers are IRL teams pulled from Wi-Fi goers? Didn't mess with BT much). If it really was just an in-game Blissey it shouldn't surprise you as much as it is, but still its a feat nontheless. Grats.

Rayquarian

Well, it was backed by absurd boosts.  And Blissey goes down after only 2 fully-powered Water Spouts from a Choice Specs Kyogre.

Transient Link

With STAB counted in you did 400% damage. But I am unsure if STAB can be doubled along with base power. Anyways I think you overkilled it a bit. 2 nasty plots were all that was really needed...and Sunny Day I feel was just to have fun with it. But good job, you're lucky it hit, otherwise toxic would have started wreaking havoc haha.

Kayo

DT Blissey is annoying as luck in the BT. You need luck after a turn or two. Or a physical fighting type attack.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Transient Link

Quote from: Kianglo on September 27, 2010, 12:48:43 PM
DT Blissey is annoying as luck in the BT. You need luck after a turn or two. Or a physical fighting type attack.

A.K.A. A Machamp with no guard using Dynamic Punch right? :P

Kayo

Quote from: Transient Link on September 27, 2010, 04:32:39 PM
A.K.A. A Machamp with no guard using Dynamic Punch right? :P
That's one. However that's not always at hand. Usually you're screwed, since no one wastes moveslots on those weak accurate moves, since DT is banned competitively anyway.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Transient Link

No Guard makes accuracy/evasion irrelevant...and what does DT mean?

Kayo

[move][/move]

FruitFlow

"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Zero

All evasion/accuracy boosting/reducing moves are banned. This includes Double Team, Minimize, and Sand Attack.

However, moves like Lock-On and Odor Sleuth are not.

Kayo

I don't think there is any ban on accuracy boosting moves. Well, there weren't any of those moves, until Claw Sharpen came along. And one other move that raises Atk+Def+Acc but I don't remember the name of it.
[move][/move]

Custom

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

FruitFlow

Quote from: Zero on October 02, 2010, 06:24:34 PM
All evasion/accuracy boosting/reducing moves are banned. This includes Double Team, Minimize, and Sand Attack.

However, moves like Lock-On and Odor Sleuth are not.

Oh, wow.
I never knew accuracy boosting/reducing moves were banned.
I thought it was just the evasion.

Quote from: Kianglo on October 07, 2010, 12:09:42 PM
I don't think there is any ban on accuracy boosting moves. Well, there weren't any of those moves, until Claw Sharpen came along. And one other move that raises Atk+Def+Acc but I don't remember the name of it.
I thought the same thing.
The name of the Atk+Def+Acc boosting move is called "Coil Around".

Quote from: CUSTOM THE HERO on October 09, 2010, 08:14:37 AM
ur a beeaauuuassssttttt
Inorite.
LOL. I wonder how the owner of the Blissey felt.
Zero might be right about the incorrect EV taming. Although I feel I was just lucky.