News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

Latest Nintendo News (1/23)

Started by Nayrman, January 23, 2013, 08:33:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nayrman

So, quite a big day in Nintendo news. I'll break it down in information I find most important to me anyway, heh.

1. Wind Waker HD re-release: So apparently the next Zelda game is gonna take a while, so they've decided to graphically boost the wazoo out of Wind Waker, and tweak some gameplay (please take out the horrid Triforce hunting) and release it this fall. I'm actually quite ok with this. Wind Waker has grown on me throughout the years, and while I still find OoT better, hopefully the gameplay changes make it the classic it really deserves. I'm looking forward to it.

2. Smash Bros, 3D Mario, and Mario Kart WiiU will be at E3: Not really a surprise by any means, but it's good to get confirmation that we'll get SOMETHING regarding two really sought after games once convention time rolls around. But you're announcing ANOTHER intercourse ing Mario game Nintendo? Seriously... no one intercourse ing cares. We're all sick of Mario. Where is my Star Fox and F-Zero?

3. Shin Megami Tensei and Fire Emblem cross over: I.... did not see this coming. All we know is that the two franchises will be crossing over and that Atlus is making it. So it's gonna be insanely hard. Also, which Atlus character gets in Smash 4 now?

4. Yoshi's Epic Yarn: Ok, that's not what it's called, but it has a similar graphical style and made by the same development team. This seems ok. Obviously, we don't know much. Hopefully it's not as inconsequential as Kirby's fuzzy felt adventure.

5. Zelda HD is being worked on: Not really a surprise. I mean, next to Mario, the one thing we can all assume will be on EVERY Nintendo console is a Zelda game. Iwata said the dev team wants to go back to basics (such as temples/dungeons that can be completed in any order), and bring it back to it's roots. Guess we'll have to see, but with the WW HD release soon, I doubt we'll see this for a while.

Overall good impressions of the announcements. Some surprises, some bores (Nintendo, we're sick of Mario!), but thankfully Nintendo gave me some reasons to look forward to using my WiiU instead of letting us use it as a paper weight for 3/4's of the year.

The Riddler

Tingle Tuner is gonna be way more convenient if they keep it in.

Neerb

Also, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (that's basically what it is, but they didn't really call it that) has a reveal trailer.

This is the best Direct conference ever. HD WW looks freaking beautiful, Yoshi hasn't had a game in forever, Fire Emblem's getting some crazy crossover, Guaranteed Awesomeness at E3... holy crap.

Also, Wii U is getting it's own VC, and they're releasing a couple OS updates to reduce load times and other such issues.

Zero

Quote from: Nayrman on January 23, 2013, 08:33:23 AM
(Nintendo, we're sick of Mario!)

Meh, speak for yourself. Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 were fun and well designed. The 3D Mario team should have some good ideas. They usually do. If you're that sick of Mario, stop buying the games. I remember you buying Mario 3D Land despite not being interested because you were sick of Mario. I don't get it.

Anyway, this type of Nintendo Direct is exactly what I needed. I'm intrigued by the SMTxFE announcement, and a little disappointed about the lack of a Smash Bros U trailer, but hey we get WW HD and Xenoblade 2 so I suppose it can't be all bad.

I'm a little disappointed by the Yoshi Land U announcement. I'm not a fan of the yarn art style. It's charming, but not my thing.

Custom

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Tupin

Quote from: Custom on January 23, 2013, 01:54:25 PM
THIS NEWS WAS FUCKING AWEOSME
If I could only have one console Zelda game, it'd be Wind Waker. I loved the Triforce Hunt. Wonder how they will use the Tingle Tuner, especially considering that it supports off-screen play...

Oh, and Miyamoto's said before F-Zero is dead.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Nayrman

He never said F-Zero is dead, just that he can't come up with any new ideas for it. (But after ten years since GX, I don't care... just make new tracks, put in an online mode and I'll be happy, sheesh).

The only franchise he's ever talked about retiring was Star Fox.

Tupin

If Miyamoto, usually regarded as one of the most innovative minds the industry has, has no ideas for a franchise, it's done.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Nayrman

Quote from: Tupin on January 23, 2013, 03:21:15 PM
If Miyamoto, usually regarded as one of the most innovative minds the industry has, has no ideas for a franchise, it's done.

There's a difference between Miyamoto saying he just doesn't have any ideas at the moment as compared to Star Fox where he's on record as saying the franchise probably can't go anywhere so if he doesn't think of anything soon, he'll just retire it.

Zero

How many ideas can you have when it comes to a futuristic racer that doesn't sell well?

Maybe we all should have bought more copies of GX.

The Riddler

I am completely uninterested in the Yoshi game.

intercourse  the yarn theme

Zero

Quote from: The Riddler on January 23, 2013, 05:18:28 PM
I am completely uninterested in the Yoshi game.

intercourse  the yarn theme

I dislike the yarn theme, but it could turn out to be pretty fun. Wait and see, I guess.

SkyMyl

Wind Waker HD could do with some additions and tweaks, Yoshi's Yarn isn't too bad considering the style fits more with Yoshi, Wonderful 101 still looks cool, and Shin Megami Tensei crossing over with Fire Emblem is the coolest, most unexpected, and trickiest crossover yet.

Then after all that, including Bayonetta 2's development and teases for Smash 4 and Mario Kart 8 at E3, they showed this.

A multiplayer spiritual successor to Xenoblade which looks better than any title Square could hope to release, with flying mechas capable of transforming into motorcycles.

WELL, TIME TO PRE-ORDER

Custom

the yarn theme is cute
if you don't like it DEAL WIT HIT

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!